GT4 Ladder/Member/Tournaments site

  • Thread starter Thread starter pennywise
  • 9 comments
  • 736 views
Messages
16
What?
As little as is known about the GT4 online capabilities/features, I would like to start an online member/team database.

Why?
It would be an easier way to keep track of teams, challenges and tournaments.

Join the effort!
The following would be helpful additions to the project.
  • Project co-managers -its not hard to imagine the amount of work involved here is huge. So any of you apt to taking control and getting things done are in high demand.
  • Administrators -A staff for the site once its up would be a very vital part of this project.
  • Designers -What would a project such as this be without a sweet look?
  • Coders
    • XHTML/CSS -got a knack for writing (x)html/css? Well here's your spot.
    • PHP -The project is planned to be fully in PHP with MySQL databases, so people with knowledge of these things are necessary. (major knowledge of php isn't required, this is a great way to learn.)
  • Beta testers -find them bugs!
  • General Supporter -Any other support for this project (funding/sponsorship?) would be much appreciated. Moral support more than welcome.
please contact me to apply for these positions

Any suggestions are welcome!

Because this is a public project, suggestions from you -the public- are recommended.


Other info
A website will soon be set up to provide details on the project.

Contact
Email me - stephan@thekreation.com
PM me - click me
Reply to this thread.
 
i'd be willing to help, i'm still new to PHP/MySQL though and i may be constrained on time due to College and my job but i could lend a hand as a Beta Tester and/or Site Support Staff.

i might be able to help with coding and templating as well but that'll depend on how open my scedule is
 
Do I get paid? Because I'm working on my own php site for a GT/racing team, and I don't think I could commit to another without getting compensated...
 
As for the payment.
Compensation is not currently provided because the project on its own is non profit. I'm currently paying for all the expenses (hosting/domain name) myself.

I started the project aimed at the enthusiasts out there who wanted to be part of something with this much relevance.

However if a sponsor is acquired, significant work will be compesated fairly.

To incubusnb:
Welcome to the project man. What is your prefered way of being contacted? PM me and we'll talk. Its good to see such an immediate response.
 
I'd be happy to moderate forums and chat rooms if they are to be included. PM me if you have more info.
 
Thank you very much for the support. The chat rooms I'm not 100% on, though I do know there will be a forum, of course it is a while from being completed, it would have to be custom built as to not make members of the site sign up once for the forum as well. Though if anyone has experience in manipulating phpBB or another free forum program to work seemlessly with this project, the idea would be more than welcome.

I have 3 other important orders of bussiness:


  1. Does anyone have close ties with an admin? If so it would be very nice to get this post made into an announcement or stickied.
  2. THE PROJECT NEEDS A NAME currently, the project is nameless, so we need all the ideas we can get, for now even a working title would be fine.

  3. I am at this very moment in the process of writing out the code for a site for the project, this will hold:

    for the public:



  • News
  • Dev team list
  • Application for the dev team
but more importantly for the development team:

  • Development news
  • Documentation of the project
  • Standards for working on the project
  • A system to direct who is doing what part of the project

  • Other administration features
Each of those who are currently considered as a part of the dev team (all 3 of them not including myself) will be required to fill out an application form, which I will than quickly accept.

Watch for the site in a few days.





​
 
How much would it cost to place a banner ad on this site? PM with the answer please, I'm not commting to anything at the moment I'm just curiouse because I'm currently conducting a study of online advert affectivness on variouse sites from the well known to the not so well known and depending on my findings I may wish to advertsise, but as I said I'm just curiouse at the moment and your not the only person thats been asked.
 
You know, there are only going to be hundreds of these kind of sites by the time GT4 is released.

The really fast drivers at the various Forums will gravitate towards each other, such as the folks who have run in the recent Board Challenges, many of the OLR regulars will get together at their home forums, a few folks will join the plethora of "Clan" and "Team X" sites that will spring up. Then there will be the "wall riding, grass cutting, opponent smashing" n00b races...

None-the-less, good luck with your efforts.
 
You make a good argument, no doubt in that. Though I have yet to find any real non-clan/team specific ones, and none at all on GTP, which is one of the largest GT(4) communities around. My hopes are to find the most inspired individuals to be part of the development team and create a standard in GT4 tournaments.
 
Back