GT4 Mobile to unlock full potential of PSP

• Thread starter flynn
  • 5 comments
Got this from psp411.com

When we first heard that the PSP's performance was capped at 222mhz when a full 333mhz was possible from it's hardware, one thing came to mind - the extra potential must soon become unlocked. And by the looks of it, it has.

According to GamesRadar, certain games will come a key to unlock the extra power that will push the PSP to its limits, the first of which will be Gran Turismo 4. This game will eat up processing power, so to get the most out of it, the additional 111mhz will be unleashed.

Not sure how much truth there is behind this statement...however I have been reading on many sites about the rumored underclocking of the PSP. The theory behind it was that it was suppose to force developers into making great games without using up the full power of the system (battery killer) Makes sense for a driving game to unlock full power cause all the tracks load in mem (well maybe not the ring) so they would save bettery life in that area.

This would also makes sense with the rumors of GT4 being close to the PS2 version in terms of visuals. As a matter of fact this would be the only way they could back up such claims at all...I have 6 games for the psp now, and while they all look great...none of them look up to general ps2 quality...let alone GT4 on PS2.

ahh gotta love speculation :)

mmmkay don't wanna kill your excitement but sorry guys i just read in PSM that the PSP is not gonna have this whole "unlocking of the true power" crap at all its stayin' at 222mhz

So wait..

Supposedly the PSP has a Super Saiya-jin mode?

*puts in GT4 Mobile*

*PSP Lets out a long droning KIAI, then all the black plastic turns yellow and lightning crackles around the screen*

lmao onikaze. hey what does saiya mean ? i kno jin means person... lol. i tried to teach myself japanese in an evening. :) and it sux gt4 will not release the full potential of the psp, but i'm sure there are already people who have figured out how to bypas the potentiometer or whatever it may be that restricts the processin speed so we can all have a super sweet battery eating PSP ! :dopey: later
-ian

Back