GT4 music

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarkusAtticus
  • 19 comments
  • 1,252 views
Messages
2
Does anybody else think that there could be better tracks on the gran turismo series? I love all the games, but i cant really enjoy racing at top speeds without a good tune on. But to do that i have to mute the tv and put my stereo on. I think the dudes in japan need to pay more attention to the car radios in GT to be honest. What do you all think?
 
Some of the songs are Ok, the old classic ones don't go with racing though . . .
 
You have to remember that they need to try and accomodate as many different musical tastes as possible, so it will be be tailor made to exactly suit what you want. :)
 
Yeah...i get the different taste in music thing...but they have used the worst songs ever for each taste in music! You cant drive a race car decently with that stuff torturin your ears...
 
Well, for example, I think thier inclusion of FreQ Nasty on the breakbeat side of things was pretty good. It's good for breakbeat fans, yet also friendly enough for non-fans.

Pleasing people is only one side of the coin, trying not to offend them is the other. :)
 
Nah, I think the Gran Turismo 4 soundtrack rocks. It's awesome.
 
I think the techno tracks are ok, but most heavy metal / rock stuff is not very good......just think about hell above water etc.:crazy:

But I really like ''Limelight'' and ''Pray''.
They both mix very good with night endurance races at special stage route 5. (Self made) :dopey:
 
It is a perfect blend of musical genres. There's a certain class to the GT4 soundtrack, encompassing all driving scenes from the past to present, which in my opinion is one of the more memorable aspects of the game. 👍
 
Markus up there made a good point, and I agree. I do realise that they put more genres into this GT, the overall selection isn't all that great.

I do like the classical music because it helps you focus. I would like the selection in this genre to grow in future GT games.
 
The music is the best its ever been in the series, but it still has some way to go. Hopefully with GT5, you will be able to upload tunes to the hard-drive and create custom playlists (ala PGR).
 
If I'm honest...it's a bit naff as barely any songs are really songs to drive through...they don't have to be car related songs but still...I wouldn't mind being able to put my own songs on...racing to "Dare" or "The Touch" by Stan Bush would suite me fine. Only music I liked in GT4 was Moon Over The Castle (Orchestral)
 
I wasn't happy with the music in GT4. Ah well, i guess we wont have to worry about that in GT5. Assuming the PS3 can do what the X-Box can do now.
 
Some of the songs are ok (few actually, "Moonlight Over the Castle," whatever it's called, is an excellent track though it's not available for the races), but then again I'm one of those guys who turned the music off for races. Personally though, I'm more concerned that the music fits the mood of a race and isn't something that seems extremely out of place (a James Brown remix?! :dunce: for example). Then again, I don't see why they even put music as an option for racing, because real race car drivers don't have the radio on when they're driving! And this is a sim, right? :lol:
 
Moon Over the Castle is available for the races...at least it is on the NTSC US version...
 
sidewinderl
Moon Over the Castle is available for the races...at least it is on the NTSC US version...

It is? I've the same version, but I don't recall being able to put select it for the race playlist or whatever it is.
 
I like the mix of music in the GT games.
 
yeah music is ok but wat are the chances of the creators putting ur favourite song in the track list most probably nill but good on them for trying to satsify everyones tastes
 
Dude?
It is? I've the same version, but I don't recall being able to put select it for the race playlist or whatever it is.

Well, until I turned off the music entirely, I had it on my race playlist :p

Pretty sure all the jukebox music can be raced to...
 
The Orchestral version is available for races (go to Juke box and edit your race playlist)...what annoyed me is they did some crappy techno version for the soundtrack CD when it was released instead of releasing the orchestral (which was also used for the preview video of Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec in an old Playstation mag freebie VHS...little nugget of info for you)
 
GT2 had the best soundtrack IMHO, GT3 had the worst and GT4 & GT1 are both average.
 
Back