GT4 not Working!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter [IKickPigeons]
  • 16 comments
  • 1,284 views
Messages
42
I just got GT4 in the mail and i was so excited to play the game. But now its been over 20 minutes loading and nothing has happened. I know that GT4 has long load times but does it actually take 30 minutes to start the game!?

WHen i first popped the disc in and created a profile and save data. It ran a little message explaining auot save and what not. After i made a profile i started the game.

Then the screen went blac for a good 10 minutes.

Then it slowing turned white over a course of 3 minutes

Then it went black again to a loading screen with the GT symbol and the spinning red thing.

Now its been somewhere around 25-30 minutes still at the damn loading screen!

What the hell is going on? Does it take this long?

I did buy it used from ebay, but i already looked at the disc.

The disc has zero scratches and is in near new condion.

What do i do!
 
If the loading clock thing is red, then it is not reading your cd, try cleaning you ps2 lens, use one of those lens cleaner cd's you can buy at places and the internet, or if you are really brave, take it apart and clean it yourself, though I don't reccommend it if you don't know what your doing.
 
Sounds to me like a PS2 problem. Possibly a DRE.

edit:

What he said ^^
 
so what i have a dirty lense on my ps2? I have the older one, is that causing the problem? As i said earlier the disc is pretty clean. And i was able to go through th eprocess of creating a profile.
 
First of all, calm down. Second, yes you're probably nearing the end of your PS2's lifespan. These things don't last forever, and the older models are getting especially long in the tooth nowadays. I'd say wait until PS3 comes out, but you might be waiting for a loooonnnnng time...
 
Ive found by flipping it aorund a couple of times will actually get the game to play, but i dont want t play like this. Having to filp the console up and down every time somethign loads. How can i fix this? Clean the laser or send it to sony? I dont want to shell out 125 bucks for a ps2 slim. I havent noticed any probs with other games like MGS 3 or anythign. Will cleaning the laser do it?

*EDIT*

Ok, ive calmed down now after playing 5 laps at nurb. (God what a wonderful course) And ive decided that its definatly my ps2 acting up not the disc. So what im wondering is that if i were to go in and open my ps2 and clean the lense, would that end the disc errors? Ive built computers before so i do have some piror knowledge to that stuff. Is it a dirty lense or just a poopy old ps2? Thanks guys for the replies
 
Probably both.
 
I've edited the thread title. Language like that shouldn't be used here.
 
daan
I've edited the thread title.

pity.. was one of the best titles ive read in the GT4 section. :lol:, expressed so much emotion and painted the situation so well 👍 :lol:
 
I had this problem. I realised I had to open up the PS2 so I googled it and found some great pictorial instructions. (this was on Christmas day, I had it working sweetly before the family woke up.) It works fine now apart from my GF keeps playing Narnia on it.
 
Clean the disc (you'd be surprised, even when the disc looks clean), clean the lens.
 
Hey guys thanks for the help. I have now mastered the art of flipping my ps2 to get it to read the disc. The only substantial problem i see now is that during racing the music doesnt work. Which it doesnt really bother me since the game is just so much fun, but eventually i would like to solve this. For those of you who have had experience with this problem, did cleaning the lense solve everyhting? BTW this game rocks! I love the skyline.
 
In case you're wondering why this is happening, it's because the GT4 disc is a dual-layer DVD.

Other games will continue to work just fine until your PS2 gets really tired.
 
[IKickPigeons]
did cleaning the lense solve everyhting?
Yes, Absolutely. The job only took about half an hour. As I said before though, do Google it for the instructions as there is a very fragile ribbon cable between the two halves of the case that you need prior knowledge of. If this gets damaged, you would have more troubles.
 
[IKickPigeons]
Ive found by flipping it aorund a couple of times will actually get the game to play

i had the same problem with gt1 on my ps1:grumpy: but worked fine with my old brick ps2:) but when that stopped working i got a slimline ps2 and it started having the same problem again:grumpy:

with my gt4 it cant get past the console part, it either spins and comes up with the disc could not be read, or spins and comes up with the red screen that says please insert a "play station" or "play station 2" format disc or not spinning and the console not loading or going slow and its such a pain :bored: but normally after a long time [normally in the hours colum] of boredom and persistence it gets past the console partworks and works fine through the rest of the game :phew: :finally:

i agree with anderton prime and wait for the ps3 oh and by the way it should be released by november 2006 [in australia and new zealand anyway]👍 :)
 
Back