GT4 on a Plasma TV.. Whos got it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter [GT]Legacy[GT]
  • 20 comments
  • 1,109 views
Messages
34
Who has GT4 running on a plasma TV?
How does it look?
What Size?
What Model?
Burn-in of the Gauges?

Obviously if u couldnt tell i'm looking into getting a plasma tv. LOL
 
You'll find this a useful thread.
 
Don't worry about it....the newest tv's dont suffer from burn in like the previous generations.

..... you may get ghosting while its getting broke in....but it will not stay and takes a few hrs to go away, generally once you watch something else. After a certain amount of time you will no longer experience this.
 
Recover
don't worry about it....the newest tv's dont suffer from burn in like the previous gen..... you may get ghosting for a while its getting broke in....but it will not stay and takes a few hrs to go away generally.


very cool
 
yeah i am getting an LCD i dont think that plasma is there yet.
 
I tried using my dads LG 42 (it's a couple years old now and isn't a HDTV) and the picture is great if you use component cables (extremely crap without them) but, for some reason there's a slight lag between inputs. It's even noticable scanning through the menu's!

The game is pretty much undrivable on this plasma..
 
Sometimes I play on the 26" LCD TV in pur kitchen and although I use the stock wires that come with the PS2, I still get much better colour and image quality.
 
I use an Akai 42" plasma screen and I think it looks great, and I'm not even using component cables. My friend is gonna hook me up with some cables soon though, so when I test it with those, I'll get back to you on how good it is. For now though, I think it looks great. 👍
 
where would i go to get component cables for my PS2?
 
im running my gt4 through a lg plasma tv and so far its doing it self good but the image can get burned into it.
 
gooseter
where would i go to get component cables for my PS2?

Any large electronics store with a PS2 section should have them. You could buy them off amazon.com or the like as well.
 
Best Buy, Radioshack, Circuit City etc.

I cant wait till the addition on our house gets finished off and i can put in my Steering Wheel setup on out 50" TV :sly:
 
I got my component cables from a guy off eBay for much less than the electronics store price; I've also got a set of the original Sony ones and the quality is the same with both.
 
okay i was just wondering, I haven't got a TV that uses them **yet** but I just want them for w*nk factor (just like my cordless controller, light up DS2, DVD remote (i have 3 DVD players + PS2) and neon Sony and PS2 signs.)
 
Recover
Don't worry about it....the newest tv's dont suffer from burn in like the previous generations.

..... you may get ghosting while its getting broke in....but it will not stay and takes a few hrs to go away, generally once you watch something else. After a certain amount of time you will no longer experience this.

Hold yer horses!

Although plasmas are less susceptible to problems than they used to be, the recommendation from Panasonic is still generally not to have fixed images e.g. the same TV channel with a logo and GAMES for extended periods during the "break-in" period of about 100hrs. "Image retention" (which is uneven ageing) will tend to fade with time, but best to avoid during run in methinks. Also, turn contrast down to below 50% for this period. After that, for the next 900hrs (or so) they reckon avoid static images for more than 10% of the time. Up to you..
 
i got gt4 with a plasma, its a samsung 50" one

best advice to avoid burn-in, DO NOT USE 3rd PERSON VIEW!!!!! IT WILL KILL THE TV ON THE BLACK COLORS!!!:nervous: and switch between channels every 15 min, itll stop burn in :)

also, DON'T DO ENDUROS ON A PLASMA, IT WILL ABSOLUTELY DESTROY A MULTI-THOUSAND DOLLAR TV!!! do it on a CRT or in B-spec while watching regular TV
 
samj_13
i got gt4 with a plasma, its a samsung 50" one

best advice to avoid burn-in, DO NOT USE 3rd PERSON VIEW!!!!! IT WILL KILL THE TV ON THE BLACK COLORS!!!:nervous: and switch between channels every 15 min, itll stop burn in :)

also, DON'T DO ENDUROS ON A PLASMA, IT WILL ABSOLUTELY DESTROY A MULTI-THOUSAND DOLLAR TV!!! do it on a CRT or in B-spec while watching regular TV


Interesting...I will do that. I'm really looking into a panasonic plasma, Burn in is the only reason i'm really thinking it through thouroghly
 
glad my advice helped you [GT]Legacy[GT] :cool:
 
The day they invent an actual 'plasma' that doesn't suffer from burn-in i'll be happy...



R.I.P My old Sony Plasma...
 
azn_racer
im running my gt4 through a lg plasma tv and so far its doing it self good but the image can get burned into it.
What model LG Plasma is your TV? Is it a HDTV? Does it lag?
 
GT Pro
The day they invent an actual 'plasma' that doesn't suffer from burn-in i'll be happy...



R.I.P My old Sony Plasma...


amen 👍
 
Back