GT4 Photomode Magazine Cover: Week 9 Poll

• Thread starter franz
  • 18 comments

Which Concept Car Magazine is the BEST? Vote!

• [URL=http://img242.echo.cx/my.php?image=conceptcarsfinalpsd3zl.jpg][IMG]http://img242.echo.cx/img242

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL=http://img27.echo.cx/my.php?image=conceptgossip5vr.jpg][IMG]http://img27.echo.cx/img27/7184/con

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

franz

Premium
Canada
Vancouver
GTP_Franz
GT4 Photomode Magazine Cover Week 9 Theme is Concept Cars
Any GTplanet members are welcome to vote
The winner will be picking Week 11's theme
Let's decide who has better magazine cover this week
By the way, please do not vote yourself :)

odd.. 19 views, 5 votes, and 0 replies.. some ppl r being stupid and not voting i think..

suzq044
odd.. 19 views, 5 votes, and 0 replies.. some ppl r being stupid and not voting i think..
maybe its quiet at night ...
wait till tomorrow ... we'll get more people to vote
actually I have been checking the poll couple of times
I don't know if that would count

sometimes the thread is unread on my screen
then I entered and leave ... the thread is still unread after reloads
but later 4-5mins ... the thread is back to "read" state
my assumption is ... the # of views refresh once a while
and most view was done by myself ... call me stupid then :scared:

Yeah... WoopWoop

No votes, everyone except the guy with the blue background has a vote, except us!

I do pity you, an I hope you pity me

Tough comp. Brought it down to my top 3 and got stuck for a choice, lol.

Did someone comparing the HSC in Car Design (1st one) and Concept (2nd one)
Look at those chrome ... the 1st one is so smooth
great work for cleaning up 👍

btw ... thanks Cosmic

That was a tough one! It was between the first one and designo, but i went for designo.

It was a tough choice between CD and Desegno, but I ultimately choose Car Design News because I really liked the upper graphics of the tutorial. Great job everyone this week.

BTW: Thanks for the vote Franz!!!!! :)

Nice entries this week guys, good to see some new people.

I thought Vicious was going to enter...I was looking forward to the competition this week.

Thanx for all the votes!!

Welcome to the 2nd installment of the Designers Choice Award for the magazine cover creation competition.

I have been asked to choose the cover that best exemplifies professionalism on all design levels. Such as: the choice and quality of the background picture, font use and text content, color utilization and other criteria. I will show the design that was chosen as well as point out the reasons for my decision. I will also make a few comments, that as a designer, I see where areas of the design could possibly be improved upon.

I will not pick my own design for the award, but I may refer to it for the purpose of providing an example.

Here is this weeks winner by Easy$$:

dca2xt.gif

PRAISE

1. I really like the look of this cover. E$ has found a good balance in the placement of multiple design elements. It is difficult to create a cover with this much information presented on the front, but by using proper positioning, sizing and good images, it has all come together w/o looking overly crowded.

2. I also think that E$ made a wise choice in dividing up the cover in to two parts. The upper and the lower. In doing so, he provided two separate "canvases" that could be used for drastically different elements. The upper portion, with its "drawings", would not fit in to the flow of the cover if it were done as a single "frame", therefore having it separated is visually attractive.

3. Another aspect of this design that helps with the flow, is the use of a semi-standard mag font such as Harvest or Impact. This font helps in placing a lot of information in a limited space by having tight kerning and being a taller font. It is also one of the better fonts for standing off the page by being bold w/o looking blocky or too "full" while maintaining complete readability.

SUGGESTIONS

1. I find little in this cover that can be critiqued too harshly because most of the items I see are small ones. Like: the LA Auto Show Coverage graphic. I feel that if the text were smaller the graphic could have been increased slightly in size and shifted a bit down and to the left. As it sits now, it almost looks like it is part of the Nike One teaser. Because of the design flow going from top-left to bottom-right, it flows right in to the LAAS graphic location.

2. There is something that just seems odd about the Acura HSC font treatment. I feel that with the rest of the cover having no font embellishments, those on the A-HSC is a bit much. Even with the lens-flairs added to the taillights, your eye keeps snapping back to the HSC because of its prominence. I feel that maybe doing something a bit different with fonts, as opposed to more with a single font, would have given better results. More like the "High Plains Drifters" in this cover (Slide Mag Cover)- where less turned out to be more in the grand scheme of the design. I had to really fight the urge to put more effects on to those fonts.

Over all, the cover is well suited for the content of the magazine. Congratulations Eazy$$ on this weeks Vicious VP Designers Choice Award. 👍

congratulation easy$$ ... you deserve the award
thanks Vicious again for putting the award up
great write up ... 👍

franz
Did someone comparing the HSC in Car Design (1st one) and Concept (2nd one)
Look at those chrome ... the 1st one is so smooth
great work for cleaning up 👍

btw ... thanks Cosmic
Ahem. It is not called 'Concept'

It is named 'Concept Cars'. The 'Cars' is in the bottom right corner.

Back