GT4 problem

• Thread starter vtecyo
  • 22 comments
Pakistan
Pakistan
Hello everybody!
hope you all are doing extremely good in the virtual race world.i just had a problem with my Gt4 that it stops loading or if i think i put it like its known more commonly,that i have a black screen after that auto load sound. To put things in perspective, i had passed all my licenses when one day when the game was auto saving there was an unfortunate power failure and the whole game got corrupted. i got demotivated and stopped playeing this game anymore. but after a year or two, while doing some cleanig of the house i found this ps2 lying down there and i just had that craving of playing the game again, after deleting the corrupted data and having the slim ps2 working again,the game now works only till i have made the game data for it on the memory car ,then there is black screen.

can anybody plz tell me what is the issue over here?
i'll really appreciate the helpers!!

Hello everybody!
hope you all are doing extremely good in the virtual race world.i just had a problem with my Gt4 that it stops loading or if i think i put it like its known more commonly,that i have a black screen after that auto load sound. To put things in perspective, i had passed all my licenses when one day when the game was auto saving there was an unfortunate power failure and the whole game got corrupted. i got demotivated and stopped playeing this game anymore. but after a year or two, while doing some cleanig of the house i found this ps2 lying down there and i just had that craving of playing the game again, after deleting the corrupted data and having the slim ps2 working again,the game now works only till i have made the game data for it on the memory car ,then there is black screen.

can anybody plz tell me what is the issue over here?
i'll really appreciate the helpers!!
Your memory card is your problem,can you try another memory card or not.

Your memory card is your problem,can you try another memory card or not.
Thanks vry much for replying my fellow gamer, yeah I can try another memory card,can u plz tell me how is that related to it, only for my info. Thanks again!!

Thanks vry much for replying my fellow gamer, yeah I can try another memory card,can u plz tell me how is that related to it, only for my info. Thanks again!!
Try playing the game without the memory card and if you can play the game well it is your memory card.

You said there was a power failure while writing to the card (autosaving). That is known to corrupt memory cards. Try another card, or see if you can erase/reformat the card. Your game progress is already lost I'm afraid.

A friendly word to the wise by the way, "txtspk" like "vry, u plz" etc are strongly discouraged here, in fact they're against the AUP everyone has to agree to when whey create an account here. You can get a refresher on what it says in the Terms of Service link at the bottom of every page; we take it seriously here.

And welcome to GT Planet! 👍

You said there was a power failure while writing to the card (autosaving). That is known to corrupt memory cards. Try another card, or see if you can erase/reformat the card. Your game progress is already lost I'm afraid.

A friendly word to the wise by the way, "txtspk" like "vry, u plz" etc are strongly discouraged here, in fact they're against the AUP everyone has to agree to when whey create an account here. You can get a refresher on what it says in the Terms of Service link at the bottom of every page; we take it seriously here.

And welcome to GT Planet! 👍
Thanks for replying!
I thought that when the game says itself that do not remove the card when its auto saving,I thought it would be just the game that would be corrupted if that happens,I'm also convinced to think as such because the other games are loading just fine,I also think that I should first try another card before formating it?

I take your suggestion seriously, I was just not in the mood to avoid the "txtspk" but I would definitely be cautious next time!!

Thankyou very much once again for replying and welcoming me here, thankGod I found this forum!

Thanks for replying!
I thought that when the game says itself that do not remove the card when its auto saving,I thought it would be just the game that would be corrupted if that happens,I'm also convinced to think as such because the other games are loading just fine,I also think that I should first try another card before formating it?

I take your suggestion seriously, I was just not in the mood to avoid the "txtspk" but I would definitely be cautious next time!!

Thankyou very much once again for replying and welcoming me here, thankGod I found this forum!
Can you play GT4 without memory card ?.

Thanks for replying!

If you have a second card, by all means try that first. You can also try copying the GT4 gamesave from one card to another.

Yes you can, but you will of course not b e able to save any progress through the game. If all you ever do is Arcade Mode and are happy with just using the default cars, you'd be fine without a card. However every time you enter Career Mode you'll be starting from scratch again.

If you have a second card, by all means try that first. You can also try copying the GT4 gamesave from one card to another.

Yes you can, but you will of course not b e able to save any progress through the game. If all you ever do is Arcade Mode and are happy with just using the default cars, you'd be fine without a card. However every time you enter Career Mode you'll be starting from scratch again.
Yes I know that, but if he plays GT4 without a memory card the disc is good. If he plays the game with a memory card and you get a black screen and it will not load it will be a card problem.

Nope I cant, it asks me that if I want to play game without memory card and I enter the option "start game" whats next is a black screen! Is this the disk, its the 3rd disc I tried after such suggestions!

Nope I cant, it asks me that if I want to play game without memory card and I enter the option "start game" whats next is a black screen! Is this the disk, its the 3rd disc I tried after such suggestions!
So you are getting a black screen without the memory card and when you said its the 3rd disc I tried is that the same GT4 disc I just want to know thanks.

So you are getting a black screen without the memory card and when you said its the 3rd disc I tried is that the same GT4 disc I just want to know thanks.
its a different disc but its of the same title Gt4.i hope thata qhat u meant

its a different disc but its of the same title Gt4.i hope thata qhat u meant
Yes, that is strange, you have got two different GT4 discs and you are having the same problem with the black screen and do all your other games play ok.

Last edited:
Yes, that is strange, you have got two different GT4 discs and you are having the same problem with the black screen is that right ?.
yes that is the case and im tired of this,bu i want to end this game before imove to any other console!

yes i can play all other games either saved or not,only the game which i want to plau the most is giving me trouble!
I have got PS2 and GT4, I have not heard of your problem before with the two discs with the same issue. I am sorry you can not play GT4.

I have got PS2 and GT4, I have not heard of your problem before with the two discs with the same issue. I am sorry you can not play GT4.
i was just thinking if i m missing something in telling yiu about this ps2 and i remembered that i ahd its lense replaced ,can there be a relation between the game graphics and the lense not reading them? it plays till save hame option, afyer that its the balck screen!

i was just thinking if i m missing something in telling yiu about this ps2 and i remembered that i ahd its lense replaced ,can there be a relation between the game graphics and the lense not reading them? it plays till save hame option, afyer that its the balck screen!
That's certainly a possibility. GT4 seems to be a bit more finicky than the "average" PS2 game or at least that's the impression I have; there have certainly been enough articles and posts about cleaning the lens, adjusting the lens, etc. Try Googling for "PS2 lens cleaning" "PS2 lens adjusting", etc. Also try searching this forum right here. There may even be something useful in one of the stickies.

That's certainly a possibility. GT4 seems to be a bit more finicky than the "average" PS2 game or at least that's the impression I have; there have certainly been enough articles and posts about cleaning the lens, adjusting the lens, etc. Try Googling for "PS2 lens cleaning" "PS2 lens adjusting", etc. Also try searching this forum right here. There may even be something useful in one of the stickies.
can you please tell me which other games are like GT4 so that i could some idea if the problem is with the lens or the game itself!

can you please tell me which other games are like GT4 so that i could some idea if the problem is with the lens or the game itself!
Afraid I can't help you much on that; the only game that's ever been in my PS2 (slim) other then GT4 is GT3.

Back