GT4:Prologue FAQ - Complete!

Super-Supra

(Banned)
This FAQ was created by Sunny Mangat, it cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without prior author written consent. Publishing any portion of this document in any form of media (electronic or print) without prior consent constitutes intellectual property plagiarism according to international law. Thank you, and enjoy.

I can be contact at this address - webmaster@granturismo4.tk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Will Gran Turismo 4: Prologue come to North America?

No, currently it is not available anywhere in North America. Sadly, it seem's like it won't be shipping to North America, at all.

2. What is the difference between Gran Turismo 3: A:Spec's graphics and Gran Turismo 4: Prologue's graphics?

The graphics have been improved. It isn't immediately, amazingly obvious, but the whole game does look a little better. It seems that the lighting model is more sophisticated or just more significant now, it really highlights the shapes of the cars from different angles.
In addition, some of the new courses are very impressive, especially New York and Citta Di Aria. Finally, the distant background scenery is much better, especially on the Grand Canyon track where you see the Canyon behind the track.
Basically they have improved it as much as they can given that it still runs on the same hardware.

3. Are there 3D Crowds in Prologue?

No, the crowds are 2D sprites. There are (game engine) cutscenes when you get a new car, with about half a dozen nice 3D people standing round applauding. The opening movie has a pit stop scene with 3D pit crew. I guess for GT4 we can expect a 3D pit crew but 2D crowds, due to limitations of the PS2 hardware.

4. Where can I buy Gran Turismo 4: Prologue?

It can be purchased here , that website is in no way affaliated with us.

5. Are there Ferrari's and Lamborghini's in GT4: Prologue?

Nope, those car's are not in the game as seen on our car list. But, the McLaren McLaren F1 GTR FINA (Long Version 1997) is in the game. See Screenshots for the images.

6. Are there differences in gameplay? Such as modes like "Simulation Mode" in Gran Turismo 3?

There are 2 forms of gameplay; firstly School mode, a series of 40-something licence tests, some of which involve racing against other cars. Secondly arcade mode, which gives you 2/3/5 lap races against a grid of 5 AI cars, or a 2 lap time attack. You can use any unlocked cars for this.

7. Is the AI improved over the AI in Gran Turismo 3?

The AI is worse than GT3, I suspect it's not quite set up right for the new tracks yet. AI stands for Artificial Intelligence(The computer racers in Gran Turismo).

8.Is there an option for "Convertible" cars?

There is no option to have top up or down on convertible cars but when you select the S2000 production car it has the top up for some reason.

9.How many cars are in Prologue?

There are 49-50 cars in Prologue, for a complete car list visit here.

10. Difference between Real Life and Gran Turismo 4.
picp.jpg

There is no picture showing differences of prologue and real life, but there is of Gran Turismo 4. (Above)

11. Is it the demo version of Gran Turismo 4?

No. If it were the demo version it would be available in North America, but it isn't. This lead's our staff to believe that it's not the demo.

12. What about that new Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel?

More information about the wheel can be found here at our dedicated wheel section.

13. Are there motorcycles?

No, there are no motorcycles in GT4: Prologue. Though, romour has it that there will be a 300mph Dodge Tomahawk will be in Gran Turismo 4. Polypony Digital the maker of the GT Series, has said there will be a motocycle game with a physics engine similiar to that in Gran Turismo 4. There is no confirmation of any of the information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can a moderator sticky maybe?

A better veiw of the FAQ here.

Index>Prologue>FAQ

Heres a question you haven't answered :P

Is there a 2 player mode?

(Don't think there is, but then I don't have game yet & can't remember) :)

Originally posted by Super-Supra

There is no option to have top up or down on convertible cars but when you select the S2000 production car it has the top up for some reason.

Wrong chaach.
There is the 350Z roadster, where you can see the driver shifting gears and steering. But you can only race against one other car (another 350Z roadster) when you choose it.

I still don't understand how you can write a faq if you haven't played the game?

Edit: No two player mode either.

I had absolutly nothing to do before christmas, so I read information and asked questions, then composed the FAQ. Besides, I needed something like this for my website.

Good try but, the FAQ needs a lot more detail. A FAQ should have exact numbers, instead of saying "40something license tests". And no track or car list either? And there are pics somewhere comparing the same angles of Tsukuba track.

Just friendly criticism. I don't think this is worthy of a sticky quite yet.

I have just got GT4 prologue (and a nice white PS2).

I will see if I can update the faq list.
Here goes.

There are 46 license tests in all, and they are split into different groups.
6x green tests (beginner)
6x orange tests (intermediate)
7x blue tests (advanced)
6x red tests (expert)
16x purple tests (professional)
5x "tea break" tests (intermediate thru pro).

So, heres the story.
GT4P has two main modes, "school mode" and "arcade". Arcade is set on 5 new courses:

Tsukuba circuit: is a real race circuit, faithfully recreated. A medium straight that flows into tight hairpin turns. Good knowledge of racing lines is needed.

New York: is a racing circuit mapped out on the new york city streets, so its sort-of real. Two endless straights combined with one hairpin bend and a whole series of 90 degree "K" turns. Go for a car with lots of power for fast acceleration out of the tight turns.

Grand Canyon: A rally-only gravel circuit which runs along the perimeter of a giant canyon. Not sure if its real or not. Ferocious sequential turns and jumps, but try not to get distracted by the breathtaking view, or the spectators that are blocking your way... if you head toward them, they will move!
Whatever car you choose, make sure it has no traction control!!

Fuji Speedway: is a real race circuit, and looks disturbingly like the hi-speed ring from GT1! Choose a balanced car here, you maybe tempted to go for all-out power with the huge straight and gentle sweeping curves, but the braking zones are very difficult to spot on this course, go too fast and pay the price by finding the huge gravel run-off areas.

Citta di Aria: Not sure if its real or not (think the Corsica WRC stages). This course is tarmac, and winds its way like a rollercoaster through the italian sleepy village streets. Without a doubt, the narrowest track width of any PS2 racing game. Scary to drive through and amazing for any passengers. Wow!!
If you have it unlocked, the only choice for this stage is the lancia HF delta integrale.

The second mode in the game is School mode.
Take your tests in a pre-set car and get graded on your performance by acheiving Gold, Silver, Bronze or Fail. Same as the other GT license tests.
You are allowed to earn a bronze a lot easier now thanks to an open-ended bronze section, which on some tests, just leaves the bronze field as blank, so as long as you complete your task, you will be awarded at least a bronze, regardless of time.
Each time you pass a test, you are awarded the car you took your test in. These are basic road cars in the green tests, luxury and performance cars in orange and blue, and high performance sports cars for the red tests. The purple tests are for racing cars only (cars with extensive tuning and a sponsor/branded livery).
A new feature is the "tea-break" test, where the sole aim is to have fun. Cones are laid out on a car park, sometimes in patterns, and you are graded on how quickly you can knock each cone down. Of course it still counts as a test, and you still get to keep the car once youre done, but its good to unwind and have a chuckle at destroying cones.

Hope this helps.

If you need me to post a car list, I can do that (but only the ones I have unlocked or have seen being played in the game).

Also, lets add my £0.02 about the original headings:

1. Will Gran Turismo 4: Prologue come to North America?

No, it will not be exported offically outside of japan and asia, which means us loyal fans in usa/europe will either have to get it via import ( try www.liksang.com ) of wait until GT4's offical launch.

2. What is the difference between Gran Turismo 3: A:Spec's graphics and Gran Turismo 4: Prologue's graphics?

Yeah, agreed, a bit better. But some problems with slow-down and totally blatent pop-up backgrounds leave me open to say that a lot more work is needed.

3. Are there 3D Crowds in Prologue?

unfortunatley not, the crowd is generally 2d with some very smart animation thrown in. But who's looking at the crowds anyway?.....

4. Where can I buy Gran Turismo 4: Prologue?

the site I got my asian ps2 (winter racing pack) from was www.liksang.com , based in hong kong.

5. Are there Ferrari's and Lamborghini's in GT4: Prologue?

No, but expect to see some weird & wonderful concepts in GT4, they will more than make up for any ferrari....

7. Is the AI improved over the AI in Gran Turismo 3?

I have to say its been improved a hell of a lot. You start to experience pack racing now, which is a totally different experience to the "rolling barricades" of GT3. Remember, this is all supposed to be about a pure driving experience. You now start to see the AI compete against each other, which adds to the difficulty, and realism.

No, but for the first time in GT history, you can drive cars without the roof. (example - nissan fairlady s / nissan 350z)
In GT4, we are expecting to see the Audi R8 and the MG Xpower EX257 LM, so a lot more work has gone into the cockpit and driver detail now than with gt3's polyphony cars.

I think 60-65. I will get a list drawn up.

In GT4 you cannot hurt yourself, or anyone else. In real life, please obey all road and traffic laws, and wear your seatbelts. Wrecklessness costs lives.

11. Is it the demo version of Gran Turismo 4?

Well, it sort of is, in the same way that GT Concept was a demo of GT3. The dials and details are the same, but the content has gone on a crash diet.

12. What about that new Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel?

The new logitech pro wheel (and the older logitech feedback wheel) are fully supported, with big diagrams on the option pages.

?
...dont those things have two wheels or something???
No, no, no, no, no and no!!

If you want bikes, then get a game called Riding Spirits (RS).
But this is the Gran Turismo forum, so if bikes are your thing, then youre lost!

Originally posted by thrust3r

I think 60-65. I will get a list drawn up.

In GT4 you cannot hurt yourself, or anyone else. In real life, please obey all road and traffic laws, and wear your seatbelts. Wrecklessness costs lives.

?
...dont those things have two wheels or something???
No, no, no, no, no and no!!

Hehe, I really like entry 13!

Here's my $0.02 (which is worth less than your £0.02):

9. Exactly 63 cars (including the gold bonus cars)

10. When we compared the times of actual JGTC cars (that were present in GT4P) on Fuji Speedway versus our times from the game (using those same JGTC cars), the differences were measured in split seconds. With the exception of Flinx's times - who beat the actual pro times by 2-3 seconds on a lap.

Then there's Test 37 using the Evo 8 MR on Tsukuba Circuit - a 1'06 to get a gold versus the 1'06-ish time set down by an actual Evo 8 as seen in "Evo Strikes Back" edition of Best Motoring.

Really cool and really close, if you ask me.

Purple tests are not for racing cars only, there are production cars in there as well such as EVO VIII. And the Cita di Aria track is based on real streets, but not a real racing track, just like New York. And the Grand Canyon track is not real. And the game kicks ass.

Its worth less, but its more accurate!

Apologies about the "race cars only" thing, I only got the game yesterday and im a bit stuck on the McLaren challenge. But I know i will do it soon.

jissmirk:
"It kicks ass like soccer player to a donkey"

:lol: :lol: ;)

Back