GT4 PSP Relase News

• Thread starter tm2003
  • 19 comments
GT4 PSP date announced

Sony Computer Entertainment has confirmed that the PSP version of Gran Turismo 4 is set to ship in Japan next spring - but reports from US retailers reveal concern that the PS2 version could miss Christmas in North America.

Little information has been revealed so far about the PSP edition of the game, although it has now been confirmed that it will offer multiplayer through the handheld console's wireless LAN capabilities.

The Spring 2005 date applies to Japan only, with no information being given about a launch date in North America or Europe, where the PSP itself will not arrive until Q1 2005 at the earliest.

Meanwhile, there's been further speculation this week over the status of the PS2 version of the long-awaited game - with some US retailers reporting that there are strong hints that the game may miss Christmas in North America.

The title was officially dropped from the 2004 release schedule in Europe last week, with SCEE blaming localisation difficulties for the delay, but is still officially on track for December 14th in North America - albeit without any online support, which was dropped to ensure that the game would arrive in time for Christmas.

However, US retailers who contacted gi.biz this week indicated that they have been asked to pull advertising citing the December launch, leading to fears that the title may have slipped to the New Year in North America as well.

For now, the official date remains December 14th in the USA, and December 3rd in Japan. Any change to those dates will likely have to be announced very soon, as retailers are believed to have taken a large number of pre-orders for the title already.

Info From
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=11306

Cheers 👍 Tm

tm2003
but reports from US retailers reveal concern that the PS2 version could miss Christmas in North America.
Oh, no! GT4 was delayed again! :D

tm2003
Mate no offence but you go post something up, untill then keep your Sarcasm to yourself
I apologise, but all I was trying to say is that with an article of that age it’s nowhere near valid. How credible could the article be when it talks about December 3rd, and 14th release dates when they were both missed. If the article wasn’t right with that, how do we know that the rest of it isn’t just a load of kafooey? Remember GT4, speculation surrounded its release until official press releases were made, until that happens I don’t think any news regarding GT4 Mobile, however convincing it sounds will be correct.

ALPHA
I apologise, but all I was trying to say is that with an article of that age it’s nowhere near valid. How credible could the article be when it talks about December 3rd, and 14th release dates when they were both missed. If the article wasn’t right with that, how do we know that the rest of it isn’t just a load of kafooey? Remember GT4, speculation surrounded its release until official press releases were made, until that happens I don’t think any news regarding GT4 Mobile, however convincing it sounds will be correct.

Fair Play, I was just trying to get the forums on its feet, ill scout around for some specs of the game,

Cheers for apology & explanation 👍
Tm

alkrmr18
can't wait hope i can use my save from ps2 version

That's an interesting point. I can see that this might not work though. For example what if you own a car that isn't in the GT4 Mobile version or vise versa?

mattlikespeople
so he got banned for advertising when there's tons of ads all around the site? :dunce:
Jordan (the owner) has to get money to run the site somehow, that why there's adds.

i work a blockbuster and in our computer it says september 13th, the only thing is its not always right. but the the day after they delayed gt4 in december i check the computer and it said feb 22, so it could be right

I used to work at Blockbuster, and I say the systems credibilty is pure ****.

Back when I worked there it said GT4 was due out Nov of 03! It wasn't until after that date that it then switched to Jan 04, then that date passed, and it said august and so on and so on... The speculated 'release dates' were never kept up to date, they were only updated after the passing of the date, and even then it was really late afterwards. I remember it said something like Jan 4th, 2004. Well I requested that day off a couple months ahead of time because I wanted to play it all day, but the day came and went with nothing. It wasn't until probably Jan 24th that the [Jan 4th] date was changed in the computer.

Blockbuster is just a bunch of lazy ass business men in big offices that want you to make them money. They sit in their high rise buildings in their suits and think up the stupidest things for promotions/sales, and you know the ideas won't work... but they don't cause their lazy asses haven't worked a real job in years. They've never worked at a Blockbuster location and they don't know the customers needs/wants nearly as good as you. They don't care about keeping their systems up to date on game release dates and stuff...

That's why I trust places like EB over them anyday. A place dedicated to gaming will surely know better than a movie rental joint.

edit: I should be a big man that sits in the office and runs all the little peoples lives. Cause I have good ideas for that company/industry that'll never get put to good use. Like the PSP for perfect example... is Blockbuster going to rent-out PSP games? No. Why? Cause that would be a brilliant idea, that's why. Hell, when Pokemon was huge Blockbuster started renting out GBColor games. That never did very well, but PSP games would bring in some good money... they wouldn't think of that though cause they're morons.

It would be harder to rent cartridge games like Gameboy carts though because they would have other peoples game saves and high scores on them.

Well what do you think the SNES did? It saved to the cartridge. Sometimes that's half the fun in renting a game is slaugtering all the previous renters scores on it. Although ususally when I rented a game (SNES or N64) that had scores/savegames on it, I'd erase them through options and start from scratch.

That's sort of irrellevant to the topic. I'm just saying that renting PSP games would be a good idea. Because I don't know if I feel like buying Twisted Metal; I've never played a TM game before so I don't know what it's like. I have a general idea what they're about, and I'm pretty likely to enjoy the game... but before I were to blow 40 bucks on it, I'd like to play it first and see how much I really like it and wether or not I feel like it would be worth it to me.

Back to the topic at hand: EB doesn't even have a date in their system, I checked yesterday.

It seems like I might be the only person in the world that realizes GT4 Mobile is dead in the water, and actually cares about it.

This weekend (9/16-9/18) was the annual Tokyo Game Show, on Sony's home turf, and during which was announced Polyphony Digital's "Tourist Trophy" Bike sim.

However, Gran Turismo for the PSP was NOT at the show. This makes well over a year since Sony has even acknowledged its existence. It missed E3 this year as well. In fact, the only media that has ever been shown of the game was merely a 16:9 replay of a Ford GT running at Costa d'Amalfi that came straight out of GT4 way before the PSP was even in production itself!

To think that anyone would actually have a release date for this game when even the developer won't acknowledge it is absurd.

Let's face it people. GT4 Mobile for the PSP is DEAD. Sony is just too embarassed to admit it.

Back