GT4 soundtrack question

I have been looking through the "jukebox" on GT4, and have come across some songs by Dakota Star / Daishi Kasho.

I quite like these, does anyone know who they are?, are they "real" artists or put together purely for the soundtrack?.

Dan.

I'm pretty sure they're real artists, try and google search them and find out about them

Dakota star is a Japanese band, although it's incredibly hard to find any information about them on the web. Daiki Kaisho I think was part of the PD team at one point but after GT3 he sortof became independant.

God knows how you'd be able to get hold of any material that isn't on the GT4/3 OST's though.

What to Believe is one of the best songs I have EVER heard............ :eek:

Dakota Star is an amazing band......the leader singer is the girl called Chiaki but in the some of the songs ('including what to believe') Alan Brey sings. They have a great rock / indie / alternative aspect to them.........great driving music......I really hope they make it big but I dont know whether they will take off or not.....

Below is a picture of the band and their cartoon equivalents (they portray themselves like that on there offical website)......they are a great band.....got most of their songs :) 👍

http://www.dakotastar.net/

Attachments

• Dakota Star.jpg
    Dakota Star.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 20
  • dakota star 2.jpg
    dakota star 2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 16
Cheers for the info dude, so they have a sinlge out according to the site, released in Germany and Oz, anyone know of where I can get it that will ship to the UK.

I too very much like there sound, I brought the import Japanese GT4 soundtrack, and it has 4 of their songs on it, they play round and round in my car stereo!!!.

Gotta love some of the bass playing, sounds very much like New Order to me, they have certainly got a unique sound, sort of a mix and mash of everything, and with those nice vocals really, really works.

Dan.

i need the songs from daiki kasho others than the one on the soundtrack :S

damnit, its one of the best songs i've ever heard!

gimme a HINT if anyone can find 'em :)

My precious is the one i'm especially looking for!

alba
i need the songs from daiki kasho others than the one on the soundtrack :S

damnit, its one of the best songs i've ever heard!

gimme a HINT if anyone can find 'em :)

My precious is the one i'm especially looking for!

Yeah, I would love to know to.

Dan.

GT7 includes a version of "What to Believe" that definitely sounds like a new recording. Did Alan Brey and Chiaki reunite to do it? It's hard to find anything about them. I hope they're still around somewhere. Dakota Star has some of the best GT songs ever.

Latest Posts

Back