GT4 Throttle Problem

• Thread starter FLS_FalcoN
  • 3 comments
Poland
Poland
I grew up with GT3, and so I have always heard of people praising GT4, thus i went and tried it out. Bare in mind it is emulated from a copy of the game (PAL), as is GT3 currently since it's easier access to me and my PS2 finally fried a year ago. So here's the problem ;

When going through certain corners, with Trial Mountain and the Grand Canyon Rally Stage being the worst offenders, the game adds 100% (in most cases) throttle with no input from me. In GT3 this doesn't happen at all, which means it can't be my controller, as it also works fine with other games.

This is a serious issue as it doesn't allow me to coast through corners, and adds speed even when I'm already going too fast into a corner. I turned off both ASM and TC but that didn't fix anything. Help would be appreciated as I want to enjoy this game but it's currently undrivable, Thank you.

Asm and TC are on a per-car basis, turning them off in the options only affects Arcade default settings pretty much. Go into each of your cars settings and turn off or reduce the driving aids (bottom right-ish sub menu). ASM is the reason you're getting this behavior by the way, TCS is fine.
Personally, i turn asm fully off in both accel and decel and keep tcs at 1 (but it's sometimes a bit low)

Last edited:
Back