gt4 twin clutch tranny

  • Thread starter Thread starter xcsti
  • 10 comments
  • 707 views
Messages
2,415
O.k. first I wondered what they were doing about 7 speeds like the ones mercedes and BMW are rolling out. Then I remembered That they had the capability to deal with that in GT3. Then I wondered about about CVT s. Apparently they have had that dealt with since GT2. Finally I wondered about twin clutch setups like the one used on the new V6 Audi TT. Does anyone have any experience with the car? Is it in the Prologue? Supposedly it gives your practically uninterupted power.
 
There is no actual physical clutch in that car is there? Isn't it the one that you could shift into second gear in automatic, then use the stick to go into third and then use the paddle to go into fourth?
 
WHAT? Are you talking about the GT Games? because you can't go from automatic to manuel in the game.
 
CRap..Double posted...SRY bout that.
 
The Audi TT 3.2 V6 is not in the game (yet), and it's DSG gearbox uses two clutches. One clutch controls the gear you are in now, while the second clutch preselects the next highest gear, so that when you shift up (via the paddle), the 2nd clutch engages, the first one disengages, and then moves to preselect the next higher gear, thus making the grea changes near instanteneous.

I believe the Mercedes-Benz SL55 will have a 7-speed, I can't remember off hand if that is in GT4P or not.
 
the new M5 has a 7 speed does it not?
i know the Concept had a 7 speed, but i don't know about the production model
 
You mean the new 2005 M5? If you do, yes it does feature a 7-Speed SMG.

This is of course new. The last M5 model featured a 6-Speed Manuel.
 
Then you my friend are absolutely correct.
 
The M5 has a & speed SMG gear , same technolgy as in the F1 ,uses F1 enging technology .sounds like an F1 (thats what they say in magazines), thats why i call it the F1 sedan car . :)

I think that the double clutch thing would be noticed in TT in GT$ if it was in ,after all the game is trying to be a Car sim
 
This is way off topic but I had to say this, BMW318ciC, you cant do capital numbers.:lol:
 
Back