• GT3

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • GT4

Votes: 114 69.1%
  • Not better, they are just different.

Votes: 27 16.4%

• Total voters
A couple observations:

1) For a simple poll thread with less than a hundred replies, you've managed to post 10 times complaining about how GT4 sucks... and yet still over 72% disagree with you, and from the comments, by quite a lot.

2) For someone who apparently feels GT4 sucks, you certainly spend a lot of time talking about it.

Personally, if I ever played a game that sucks, I'd stop playing it, get rid of it, and move on without even waisting time thinking about it, let alone complaining about it over and over again. But that's just me. ;)

1) Yep. It's all in the effort to get people to think, "hey, maybe GT4 isn't perfect, exact, or 100% realistic." I don't expect people to agree with me, but if I can get them to think critically about the game instead of groveling at PD's feet and praising GT4 as a gift from god, then I've succeeded.

2) Are you saying that it's only worth someone's time to express positive opinions about something?

I really don't play GT4 anymore. Whenever I do, it's either to confirm something for a point I'm making here on GTPlanet, or to make a video like the one I made a while ago.

...and no, I'm not going to forget about it and move on, because I really liked GT3, and would rather see the series move in a positive direction again. Polyphony Digital really disappointed me, and I have a right to share that opinion.

1) Yep. It's all in the effort to get people to think, "hey, maybe GT4 isn't perfect, exact, or 100% realistic." I don't expect people to agree with me, but if I can get them to think critically about the game instead of groveling at PD's feet and praising GT4 as a gift from god, then I've succeeded.
Sorry, I didn't realise that only you were able to think critically on these matters, and that the majority of opinions are wrong, and that your goal is to continue to repeat your opinion over and over again until some of us change our mind... :rolleyes:

Besides, saying the game "sucks" is not what I would consider an exercise in critical thinking.

There has been some very thoughtful discussions on this topic, and very little if any opinions saying as you specifically put it, that GT4 is "perfect, exact, or 100% realistic", and please point out those who are groveling at PD's feet. The fact that you resort to exaggerations makes it appear that you are not in a position to even fairly judge the merrits of the game, or the opinions of those that disagree with you.

However, if your idea of sucess is getting everyone to agree with you and say GT4 sucks, then I wish you well, but I don't think you are going to get very far.

Sorry, I didn't realise that only you were able to think critically on these matters

Never said that.

and that the majority of opinions are wrong

Never said that, either.

and that your goal is to continue to repeat your opinion over and over again until some of us change our mind... :rolleyes:

I guess you could put it that way, but if I want to be heard, it wouldn't do me much good to leave my opinion tucked away in one reply in one thread that eventually falls to the second page and is never read again.

Besides, saying the game "sucks" is not what I would consider an exercise in critical thinking.

It's critical alright. It just isn't very tactful or specific. :lol:

There has been some very thoughtful discussions on this topic, and very little if any opinions saying as you specifically put it, that GT4 is "perfect, exact, or 100% realistic", and please point out those who are groveling at PD's feet. The fact that you resort to exaggerations makes it appear that you are not in a position to even fairly judge the merrits of the game, or the opinions of those that disagree with you.

I could certainly point out those who call GT4 perfect or grovel at PD's feet, but that wouldn't be very nice, now would it. I will say, however, that there seems to be a couple good examples of the former on this very page.

However, if your idea of sucess is getting everyone to agree with you and say GT4 sucks, then I wish you well, but I don't think you are going to get very far.

If your idea of arguing is missing the entire point that the other person has made, then I wish you well, but don't expect me to respond to you much longer. :lol:

It's right there in that clip of text you quoted from me: "I don't expect people to agree with me..."

Among the many detailed discussions that have taken place about GT4's physics, I've gone head-to-head with several individuals whom I disagreed with, and none of us changed each other's minds. However, we don't hate each other, and don't think less of each other for the things that we've said.

If you disagree with my opinion of GT4, that's cool. As long as you've thought about the game's realism for yourself instead of taking PD's claims for granted, I can't complain. Just don't expect me to be silent because my opinion happens to be negative. ;)

Although i do miss SSR11

Imagine if they were to bring in BOTH Route 11s That'd be a pain :scared:
Although I wouldn't mind a GT Compilation... all cars + tracks from all previous GT games rolled up into one nice package

"I don't expect people to agree with me..."
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
- Benjamin Franklin (made famous by Albert Einstein)

However, to do the same thing over and over again even when you do not expect different results, well... in the words of Eugene Struthers...

"Dat's takin' it to uh hoe nuvva levaal."

;)

Neat quotes. So if I express my opinion and expect everyone to agree with me, I'm a bigot, but if I don't expect everyone to agree with me, I'm insane, and if I express my opinion more than once, it's excessive. Nice. :cool:

Back