GT4 will not work.

  • Thread starter Thread starter EViL*ViSiON
  • 13 comments
  • 985 views
Messages
139
Messages
MALiCE-MANKS
Hi, Ive been having a problem with my game...
It doesnt want to work anymore, ive searched for this subject but couldnt find an answer, so here it goes.

I hadnt played gt4 in about a week, then i popped it in, and it doesnt load.
No "disc read error", or "please insert ps or ps2 format disc" mesages.
Nothing.
It goes to the browser and acts like there is no game inserted, then i open and close the system, it says "reading disc..." for a second and then goes blank again.
This is the only game that doesnt work on my system.
I looked at the disc and it wasnt scratched at all, i even bought a whole new game and it still wont read!
I have the old big ps2, but its not really old or anything, i bought a new one right before the little ones came out.

If anyone has a suggestion, i would appreciate it.

Im really frustrated.
 
EViL*ViSiON
Hi, Ive been having a problem with my game...
It doesnt want to work anymore, ive searched for this subject but couldnt find an answer, so here it goes.

I hadnt played gt4 in about a week, then i popped it in, and it doesnt load.
No "disc read error", or "please insert ps or ps2 format disc" mesages.
Nothing.
It goes to the browser and acts like there is no game inserted, then i open and close the system, it says "reading disc..." for a second and then goes blank again.
This is the only game that doesnt work on my system.
I looked at the disc and it wasnt scratched at all, i even bought a whole new game and it still wont read!
I have the old big ps2, but its not really old or anything, i bought a new one right before the little ones came out.

If anyone has a suggestion, i would appreciate it.

Im really frustrated.


Maybe it's your laser, I don't know how to clean it, I have a really old PS2 and it works just awesome with any game at all. Try googling it..

Good luck mate
 
If every other game works then it is probably your GT4 game. Just take it back and they should refund it for you. Many people had defective GT4 games. Sometimes they crash in arcade mode and sometimes they crash around 30-50%. It just happens.
The same thing happened to me and when I got a new GT4 game the problem disappeared. :)
You could always try renting another one too then try it out on your PS2. If it works then you know for sure your other GT4 game is defective.
 
I think it's an issue with some of the older Playstations. Something about difficulty with double layer CDs.
 
I think it's an issue with some of the older Playstations. Something about difficulty with double layer CDs.

It's not that because every other game works fine, including ones on double-layer discs, also the game worked completely fine for months.

If every other game works then it is probably your GT4 game. Just take it back and they should refund it for you. Many people had defective GT4 games.

I already did that, and it still happens on my brand-new game.
Plus it doesnt crash, it wont even read it at all, it wont even try to read it, it acts as if there is no disc in at all.

Anyway, thanks for your help everyone!

Im dont want to have to send my ps2 to sony to get it refubrished ($40) or repaired ($70), that would just suck!
 
I believe niky meant DVD9 format discs.

It sounds as though your PS2 IS reading it... If it cannot read the disc it says "Disc Read Error" and if it cannot detect the disc it says "No Disc". So if you're not get either of those things it IS detecting and reading it, but doesn't quite know what to make of it.

Either way, I suspect it's a PS2 issue, rather than a disc issue. Take it into your game store and show them the problem. Take your PS2 receipt with you too - there is a 1 year worldwide warranty on PS2s, and if they cannot fix the problem they must replace the unit with on a like-for-like basis. Meaning you'll get a PSTwo out of it.
 
Try cleaning the eye of your PS2 with some kind of special disc. I forgot the name, but, I think it's manufactured by Maxwell. P.S. Do you live around a GameStop?
 
P.S. Do you live around a GameStop?

Yes i do.
And that is a good idea, i think i even have one of those little brush-disc lens cleaner things somewhere.
Ill probably buy a new one though.

If that doesnt work ill do what Famine said.
Now to look for that receipt...
 
The nearest GameStop to my house is 44 miles. you know the one that opened its doors for the first time 5 months ago.
 
You can check if your disc plays in another PS2, if it does, it's your console, if it doesn't it's the disc. Since all your other games work, I'd guess it's the disc.
Maybe someone doesn't want you to play so much :lol:
 
The disc worked on a new pstwo so its my console.....Damnit!

Maybe someone doesn't want you to play so much

Yeah, my Ps2!!!!!!!

He just cant handle it!
 
i don't know if someone said this already i didn't read the posts. but is it dust in your PS2? cause i've heard many problems about dust in there PS.
 
I thought about that, and cleaned it out with compressed air, so it shouldnt be that.

EDIT-I cleaned it a couple times after i found my lens cleaner disc, and it works again!

Thank you everyone!
 
Back