GT4 with VGA Converts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter roos
  • 6 comments
  • 820 views
Messages
14
will gt4 look ok with a ps2 -> vga or s-video -> vga converter on a crt. i currently use my computer as my tv (tv capture card) and i want to hook my ps2 to my monitor. some ppl have told me it will look better, some ppl have said it will really bad because gt4 is going to be 480i and the line doubling on the coverters messes up the image. do any of u use one of these converters and have u tried it with gtc/prolog/gt4 demo
 
I run my PS2 to my PC using SVideo cable to a video capture card. The quality is great! Much better than the a/v cable or the Redant VGA adaptor :crazy: .
 
I have a VGA box I got from ebay. The picture is crap and it is power through the memory card slot so only one memory card can be used at a time. The only good thing is you can sit closer to the screen, and I can play PS2 in my room.
 
I would like to know if it would be possible to use 1080i mode with gt4 using a vga adaptor that supports 1024x768, on a pc lcd monitor or not.
 
I bought one of these: http://store1.yimg.com/I/ddrgame_1825_9106237

Just got it yesterday. It works pretty good but the video isn't as sharp as I thought it would be. I might have to mess around with the settings but it gets the job done pretty well so far. You can hook up the sound to the box also and switch between xga and the pc.
 
btw what's a good capture card with RCA inputs and s-video?
 
Back