GT4 WRS Week 119 : Chevrolet/Dodge @ Special Stage Route 5 Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 48 comments
That turn is what made my lap dirty :ouch: But the best way to tackle that turn is to: When entering the chicane put ur right tires on the yellow stripes and be sure NOT to get too close to the guardrail on the right cause there is a little dip that will make your car turn to the right slightly and screws with your car while trying to turn left. The best way is to line up straight on the yellows with your right tires and then HUG the inside wall and you may have to lift off the gas momentarily, to ensure you don't hit the right hand wall on exit. The closer you are to the inside wall the more you will trim time as you will not be fighting the turn but cutting thru it like butter :)

Jerome
Are you saying to take the corner flat out and just lift off towards the exit? I brake down to 4th after the right, ease off slightly to get the nose to point towards the inside of the left corner, and then re-accelerate out. I end up really wide at the right but it still clears the annoying barrier at the exit.

Are you saying to take the corner flat out and just lift off towards the exit? I brake down to 4th after the right, ease off slightly to get the nose to point towards the inside of the left corner, and then re-accelerate out. I end up really wide at the right but it still clears the annoying barrier at the exit.

Exactly, usually I try to time to where I hit the inside flat out and JUST as I hit the apex and I know the car won't hit the inside wall I lift the gas some to get the car pointed straight for the exit. Every once in a while it will work out great. But yea I end up wide as well :indiff:

Jerome

Fantastic combo, 30 min yielded something like this. I hope I get to put some time into this, but with my lady friend from school visiting over the weekend, it'll be hard to find the time.

21.8xx
41.8xx

That chicane just before T2 is a real pain. If anybody has any tips on getting through there quickly they would be gratefully received!!!

Happy racing

nige

ditto on that chicane, i am also having problems on gauging the first turn off the highspeed straight. Also, I dont if i am crazy but I think its theorectially possible to get a faster exit speed from the circular tunnel as i pass the end of the yellow stripes on the left side of the tunnel opening, i am getting 120-125mph is it possible to get 130mph as you pass the yellow stripes?

T1: 22.409
T2: 43.549

:drool: 👍 :nervous: :guilty:

A little frustrating but a great combo. I have never run this reverse so I have a lot to learn.

Think I'm feeling VEXD's pain, although I thought whale 1 was a bit frisky under brakes, and whale 2 just needed you not ever to be turning a corner while on the brakes (because, uh, you can't, you just plough into whatever's straight ahead.)

Sort of 22.8s sort of mid 40s, but I haven't tried yet. I'm still wondering what car to concetrate on. I think whale 2 is going to be quicker, being aggressive with a whale which wants to flick its tail may cause frustration!

T1 - 22.029

T2 - 42.523

Just one other question which I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere - what are the final submission dates?? Midnight tonight??

Now to check through the replay again and again...

Just one other question which I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere - what are the final submission dates?? Midnight tonight??

QUOTE]

Look in Post 1 of this thread you'll find the answer there!!!!

nige

This race is addicting. Tried out the other car for fun, it brakes really well, but the rest is crap. Best T1 was 21.60x and best T2 41.8x, but by the time I hit the finish line it was a good 1.5 seconds behind the better car. The understeer in the tunnel is the worst, leaves me with a 4 mph difference when crossing the finish line even after trying shorter gear ratios.

New best T1 is a 21.397, and best T2 a 41.15x (coming from a 21.56x T1). Still about .35 seconds left on the track for me.

Hey Ren-Tec, the splits you put on the leaderboard are the best I've done so far, but they were from different laps. My final lap time has the following splits:

T1: 21.524
T2: 41.230

Time Submitted

Finally got a chance to sit down and play... I'm a bit off pace so far, but MAN is this a blast. I love this car. I'll give you some hints, it's loud, it's fast, it's fun, and it's American! You'll never guess...

I'll have some splits in here for a submittable time sometime tonight. :) 👍

EDIT: Seriously, this is a HOOT! It's definitely arcade like with the way I'm tossing this thing around, but it's sooooooper fun.

Here are some splits, I'm going to keep going for a bit longer because time just keeps dropping off, but this may be my final splits if the time doesn't fall further soon. I see room for improvement, but I don't want to play too long.

T1: 21.520
T2: 41.413

EDIT2: Nah, that'll be it for me. My mind is on my real car again, gotta install some stiffer front springs and struts in the next couple of days before my Canada trip... :)

Time submitted.

Had to drive 3 more sessions just to get a 0.2 improvement. :dopey: Definitely not my track, but loads of fun anyway. :D

Was hoping to get a final run in this morning, but Sjaak and family will arrive in a hour. :D So better do some tiding up instead. ;)

Crap, I'm at work now and just remembered that I never recorded a lap that I'm positive is clean. Even so I forget what the time is. Figures... the one week I know I can post a good time, I of course forget to even bother racing again and submit anything...

Back