• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 24 comments

Sjaak

GTP_Race Admin
Netherlands
The Netherlands
GTP_Sjaak
Congrats to CMir , Strop and EDK for their division wins.:cheers:
And a big congrats for all who run this week. 👍 ,it was no easy race.

Week 121 Results:

Mazda RX-8 Concept Race Car '01 / Mazda RX-8 Type S (J) '03 @ Seoul Central

wrs121copy3copy.jpg

® indicates that a replay has been provided and needs to be checked.
gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Replay Verification:This week we would like to have all gold times.

Division 1:
  1. 1:55.890 - CMir
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by Ren-Tec)
    1:56.000 ----- Gold
  2. 1:56.479 - Toffe
  3. 1:56.531 - Mr P
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Replay checked by Sjaak)
  4. 1:56.651 - Ren-Tec
    1:57.000 ----- Bronze
  5. 1:57.692 - Nige
Division 2:
  1. 1:57.488 - Strop
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by arora)
    1:57.500 ----- Gold
  2. 1:57.543 - 2078TM
  3. 1:57.663 - sjaak68
  4. 1:57.829 - DJ Baker
  5. 1:57.947 - NielsG
    1:58.000 ----- Bronze
  6. 1:58.263 - Snod Blatter
  7. 1:58.869 - -Diego-
  8. 2:00.549 - RoTary Pro
Division 3:

1. 2:00.000 ----- Silver
  2. 2:03.039 - JJ74...GT.King
1:59.779 - EDK
rflagnv1.gif
(Walltouch)

Quick guide to replay checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Racing soft for the LM and Road(RD) for the type S and that the power is 501 / 335 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle

RX-8 LM Race Car Reverse:

1.CMir….........51.437
2.Toffe…........51.648
3.nige…..........52.102
4.Strop…........52.175
5.sjaak68.....…52.366
6.DJ Baker…....52.306
7.EDK…..........52.901
8.RoTary Pro …53.070

RX-8 Type S Forward:

1.CMir….........1’04.453
2.Toffe…........1’04.831
3.sjaak68….....1’05.297
4.Strop…........1’05.313
5.DJ Baker…....1’05.523
6.nige…..........1’05.590
7.EDK…..........1’06.858
8.RoTary Pro….1’07.679

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RX-8 LM Race Car Forward:

1.Ren-Tec….......50.812
2.Mr P….............50.941
3.2078TM…........50.991
4.NielsG…...........51.377
5.Snod Blatter…...51.409
6.-Diego-….........51.670
7.JJJ.74 GT.King…55.204

RX-8 Type S Reverse:

1.Mr P……...........1’05.590
2.Ren-Tec…........1’05.839
3.2078TM….........1’06.552
4.NielsG…............1’06.570
5.Snod Blatter…...1’06.854
6.-Diego-….........1’07.199
7.JJJ…74GT.King…1’07.835

:cheers:

Damn aint I a silly fool :P My apologies Sjaak 👍

Congrats to Cmir and all the other division winners :cheers:

Congrats to all the winners.

Strop, way to go, jeez you got me by what? maybe half a car length?

And sjaak - only if it is very easy - could we see what combinations were submitted? I'm curious to see if one combo was obviously quicker than the other

Thanks for putting the individual results up Sjaak 👍 makes it much easier to see who lost what and where :)

Looks like the opposite strategy to what I used was the best way to go but I never had a chance to test it out :crazy: Nice close results all round
Well done to all :cheers:

I took the Race Car forwards since the Type S didn't like being thrown around much, so I always ended up banging the wall after the chicane. Good thing I went that way, not that I think of it.

Wow! Not had chance to race here in a while, but it's nice to see a couple of locals winning Div. 2 & Div. 3! Nice going! 👍
You guys should head on over to SFGTP2, which is being held right on your doorsteps at the end of October!!! :)
Hopefully I'll get a chance to run a few WRS events with you guys before then, but until I get my latest 24hr Sarthe I race out of the way, I'm kind of stuck for the time being!

Thanks for putting the individual results up Sjaak 👍 makes it much easier to see who lost what and where :)

Looks like the opposite strategy to what I used was the best way to go but I never had a chance to test it out :crazy: Nice close results all round
Well done to all :cheers:

Thanks mate,
I'm rather glad the combos were equaly devided and a lot of close times.👍
This week was a hell to get a flow,but when started it was a not that bad drive.

For next week we gonna do something new to the WRS,
Not new for the planet though.:P

Yes [2078TM], our times amount to about 12ft at finish line speeds. I don't feel so bad about spending most of yesterday evening to shave off another .150 from my LM lap time, it looks like it paid off. This was a tough race having to divide time between the two combinations.

The highlight was totally nailing T1 on the Type S forward and then holding it together enough to finish with a good time.

Towards the end of the LM Race Car reverse session yesterday I completely lost the plot on how to take the last hairpin and started running into walls or ending up stationary facing the centrepiece. Then I finally got T1 right, got through T2 pretty clean and for the first time in many many laps nailed the last hairpin (deep in, flick the tail to get around straight then full throttle out of there).

Congrats to all the other Div 2 guys, this was a really close one. Still flabbergasted (yes flabbergasted) at the Div 1 times - maybe someday I'll figure out how the hell you do that :confused:

sjaak, thanks for putting up the times.

Maybe I would have been better off going the opposite direction, but after my first experimental night it looked like LM forward/ S type reverse was quicker for me.

Still, that's what makes this kind of challenge interesting :cheers:

Replays for this week. Sorry - Still getting the hang of the max drive. I'm not sure which is which, but you will find both of my laps here.

Thanks
Kevin

Attachments

• EDK_Wk 121 WRS_A.max
    21.9 KB · Views: 10
  • EDK_Wk 121 WRS_B.max
    22.4 KB · Views: 9
Here'tis ...

Embarassingly clean I reckon ... after banging those walls for the first days I guess I got conservative.

Attachments

• 97328_5691_GRAN_TURIS.max
    20.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 97328_9111_GRAN_TURIS.max
    21.4 KB · Views: 12
Thanks ... you gave me a heart check there but given how small the difference is I'm guessing this is just NTSC vs PAL differences, and we were running the road car at max anyway.

I did manage to turn in some phenomenal laps with the Type S and it was only when I went to post the times that I realized I was significantly faster than anything previously posted. Amazing what that car can do with Sports Soft tires :-(

Cool race this week, would've liked to participate, but I knew I wouldn't have nearly the time required to get anything worthwhile in. Well, I guess that could be a lie, because even in a short time I'd still have something to finish up D1 with, lol. Couldn't be bothered though.

Congrats to everyone who stuck it out though!

Here are my replays...great race 👍

Attachments

• WRS121-2CMir.max
    21 KB · Views: 9
  • WRS121-1CMir.max
    21.3 KB · Views: 9
I check CMir's laps and they are good 👍, you made the RX-8 type S look very easy. Me i was to lazy to run the race the other way around but i still don't think i could have beaten you ;)

here's my replays .. sorry it took so long :guilty:

Attachments

• Ron Seoul forward.max
    20.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Ron Seoul reverse.max
    20.8 KB · Views: 6
Mr P's runs are perfectly clean 👍,

and while I was using the max-drive anyway,my pal replays:

Attachments

• WRS 121 A.max
    22.3 KB · Views: 8
  • WRS 121 B.max
    21 KB · Views: 7
After viewing EDK’s Mazda RX-8 Seoul Central Reverse replay submission I have determined the run to be dirty. There is a visible speed drop caused by what was seen as a possible wall touch at 40.3ml when viewing the submitted replay. This was later confirmed after viewing the data logger that showed a clear speed drop (111.5mph to 109.0mph) at the point of contact.

Also,
EDK’s published lap time of 52.901 that is in the results thread is incorrect. The submitted replay shows 52.921.

Jerry,the 52.921 is correct.

Typo from my side.:dopey:

Hi guys - Sorry for the issue on my lap. Need you to know I had several laps (Since Deleted) within 0.05 of this one. I ran this lap on Sunday night, looked at the replay and thought it was clean. Just missed that I clipped the wall early in the lap. Will be sure and review VERY closely going forward. Just know this was not intentional or a one lap wonder.

Good Racing.

Kevin

Back