United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx

Week 170 Results:

Winners: jmgyro, DJ Baker & 01GTP

Opel Calibra Super Touring Car ‘94 @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

RR5I7pjUETWga3eIVhlUrp-MpxWVW1u+0280.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times.

Division 1:
  1. 6:43.000 - jmgyro
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 6:45.258 - Cmir
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

6:46.500 ----- Gold
  3. 6:47.109 - Toffe
  4. 6:47.708 - Le Stig
  5. 6:50.889 - tomivav
    6:51.500 ----- Bronze
  6. 6:51.727 - Jake
  7. 6:51.843 - MARCIPHERJO
  8. 6:52.975 - KLR142
Division 2:
  1. 6:47.360 - DJ Baker
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

6:50.000 ----- Gold
  2. 6:50.507 - 2078TM
  3. 6:56.041 - EDK
  4. 6:58.167 - NielsG
    7:4.000 ----- Bronze
  5. 7:13.213 - crg2112
Division 3:
  1. 6:53.214 - 01GTP
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

6:55.000 ----- Gold
  2. 6:55.522 - OnlyMe
  3. 6:56.254 - gtbadboy
    7:14.000 ----- Bronze
  4. 7:15.446 - georgetheracer
  5. 7:22.525 - Andy2125
gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Racing - Mediums and that the power is 335 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

Last edited:
Didn't expect my first win to be on the Ring, but I'll take it.

Had to get really close to the wall on the very last corner or my ghost would pass me so I don't envy whomever checks this replay.

Kindly Verified as clean by 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS 170-6.43.000-jmgyro.max
    40.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Had to get really close to the wall on the very last corner or my ghost would pass me so I don't envy whomever checks this replay.

Looks good to me jmgyro, congratulations on the overall win.
I viewed your replay from both front and back and checked the data logger. The replay actually had 336hp with RM/RM so your good to go, clean and green.

Congrats to Cmir on a gold and second place overall.

Congrats to DJ Baker for your division win. I viewed some replays from the past races here and your replay came up twice. You run very well here.

Well done to those who endured the long laps, especially the remaining podium finishers.

When somebody watches my replay you will see a close call after 4'15. Its a right side kerb that I hit on the right hand turn that sends the car into the air. The best view is from the front, but by all means feel free to scrutinize it for having 2 wheels above the track at all times. Oh and by the way, no laughing at the first carousel.

Kindly Verified as clean by jmgyro.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• Week 170 01GTP.max
    45 KB · Views: 5
Thanks 01GTP, ill check your replay in a few, gotta eat first.

update:

Checked 01GTP's replay and it's clean with correct specs. Grats on winning the Divison btw, and Dj Baker as well.

Last edited:
Congratulations to jmgyro, Cmir, DJBaker and of course my old friend 01GTP for their "golden" efforts. Great job guys! :cheers:

Wow! Didn't expect to win by that much based on past battles here.

NTSC replay attached. Got down to the last row of bricks just before Brunchen, but I've taken several close looks at it & I'm pretty sure it's good. 290 gearing by the way.

Kudos to everyone that submitted this week. 👍

Kindly Verified as clean by EDK.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS 170 DJ Baker.max
    48.9 KB · Views: 7
This is late, but I paid my keep by checking a replay. So let me start by saying, congrats to DJBaker for the D2 win. I watched your lap and I have no idea what you are talking about with a close call. :crazy: A smooth, clean and well driven lap, with all the right specs. 👍 I watched imfaster2's replay in week 155 and yours now. And I know what I'm doing wrong at this track. I need to worry less about shifting and driving every corner to the max and focus on driving smoothly through sections. You guys that run here and lay down times are so smooth and consistent it's amazing. :eek:

:cheers: To a great lap and the division win. I could not catch you in the old division and it seems I can only beat you here in very specialized circumstances. (See Week 168 :sly:)

A great job also by the other division winners, jmgyro - congrats on your first(?) WRS win - and of course Kenny(01GTP), my old nemesis that I just can't shake. ;)

Also, great job by the other podiums this week - cmir, toffe, 2078TM and OnlyMe. Some long time WRSers with some great laps at Nurb. :cheers:

And Finally, congrats to any and all that managed a clean one at the ring. As nice as Sphinx was to us, it's still no easy task. :) And we had a great turnout to boot.

:cheers:
Kevin

Last edited:
Congratulations guys :cheers:

Here's my PAL replay, sorry for the delay

Kindly Verified as clean by Sphinx.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS170CMir.max
    43 KB · Views: 6