GT40 Race Car or XJ220 Race Car?

• Thread starter Vhp
  • 19 comments

Vhp

I just got around to winning the GT World Championship in Professional, and I'm not sure which to get. I like the looks on the GT40 more, but I also think the XJ220 has more horses. On the other hand, I heard that the XJ220 only has 5 speeds. That's not a big deal, since my 787B has the same, but I still don't know which to get.

Any advice? :confused:

Heh, I got the GT40 Race Car before I saw your reply, and I must say that I agree. It handles very well and gets going pretty fast, and it looks and sounds great.

I'm happy with my decision :)

Yup, because I was so excited when I got the XJ220 race car and man it sucked I thought it would be in the class of the calsonic at least but nothing, even fully moded it still is pain to drive. And the GT40 stock it kicked ass.

Ugh - the XJ220 is a horrible car. :mad:

It is just SOOOO heavy you can't do a thing with it. I feel like Captain Stubing from the Love Boat trying to pilot my ocean liner around Seattle.

:lol:

The most dissappointing thing about that comment is, I'm sure that 1/2 the members here are too young to have seen the Love Boat, and 1/2 the remaining members that are old enough missed the classic 'cause it wasn't available where they live.

Yes the xj220 race car does not accel at handling, but fully mod'ed can get past 1000hp. The GT40 lacks in hp and in acceleration but handles much better. Put them together and u got your self an r390 ;)

But its your call, what do u want. Acceleration or Handling.

Get the GT40... I got an XJ220, and sold it after a few races because it was so horrible... the road version is an excellent car compared to others in its class, but the same cannot be said about the race version.

Here is what u can do with the XJ220. Because of its massive hp, u can practically get a gold easy on the Test Course. Just be sure to get a customized tranny and play it safe with the aerodynamics of the car.

I don't know what you guys have got against the XJ220! I took it through the Pro World Championship with no problems at all. The setup wasn't that difficult to crack to turn it from a power-off oversteer nightnmare to a nice, predictably handling race winner.

I know it's not in the same class as the GT-One when driven by a human but the AI driver of that machine never got closer than when it was sitting in spot two on the grid! And lets face it, the GT-One is nothing but a Le Mans monster rather than a legit road car like the Jag so it's more or less bound to be a stronger performer (not to mention the small matter of the game being slightly biased to make the Japanese cars seem better!).

I've not won the GT40 yet so I can't comment on how that compares to the XJ220. I think my Playstation senses I don't like rice burners and skews the odds so I keep winning GT-One's, R390 Road Cars etc! It took me six attempts at the World Championship before I won the Jag so I hope it wont take another six for me to win the GT40!

i too really like the Xj220. it's a solid car, great power, and good handling. With a decent setup it's a great performer and i have won many races with it, including the GT Allstars (pro league). And i really like the way it looks. But even so, the GT40 holds a special place in my heart ;)

I'd have to pick the GT40, purely from a fun point of view. The XJ220 is a pretty decent car, but I've got lots of decent race cars and it certainly doesn't stand out. The GT40 is great fun to drive, and sounds great.

Back