gt40...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 19 comments
  • 1,122 views
Messages
5,716


I really dont understand what you guys are talking bout. she goes like the clappers, has great handling and stops like you'd expect a car to stop from lightning speeds... I bought one and loved it sooo much i bought the company.

I did a 2 lap of fuji 90 against an easy field. I just wanted to see what the handling was like and wasnt interested in racing. i had a standing start and started in 2nd expecting heaps of wheel spin... no such spin existed so after dropping back i shifted down to first and was off like a shot... the speeds reached were astonishing and I had to brake earlier than i would in a slower car to compensate for the higher speed. she handled great around the track and rarely stepped out of line. I like it!
👍
post your experiences.
 
That's because your evil, Japanese, Mini 1.3 toting, Ford GT braking well version is the better of them all and PD just screwed up all of the other versions. Seriously though, I've only noticed brake problems when you try to brake at an angle from really high speeds (like the ones you would achieve on Fuji) or make it perform too many elevation changes at once. The GT '02 is still the better one though due to it's less practical shape, cooler looking headlights and bumperless rear end. It also brakes a little better, but I'm talking distance, not balance.
 
yeah sorry bout that... the car pictured.
 
Ah, in my version, I'll have to test and see how my GT is with racing brakes and good tires.

Because from my experience(some test or mission or something) the stock brakes are not enough to slow it down.
 
actually i was talking bout stock...
 
Hey it looks like the GT has a small fan club.

Here's my site where i have a lap around Laguna Seca in the 2005 GT. I took the car straight from the dealer (no TCS or ASM though cause i never use them).

http://md-dms.twbc.net/videos.php
 
it looks the part and its fast as a zirtec! couldnt ask for more :)
 
I didn't notice any brake problems with my car (PAL version). Of course it doesn't stop immediately when you're going 250 km/h. Maybe some people just expect it to do too much?
 
The Ford GT and its braking performance has been tested by myself, with the results compaired to real world figure taken from Autocars 0-100-0 mph test.

The main post covering it is here

Ford GT Vs Autocar 0-100-0 test


This post is part of a very large thread that covers a wide range of subjects on GT4 and braking, which starts here.

GT4 & Brakes

A general discussion thread on the GT also exists here:

Taming the beast - Ford GT settings


In my personal opinion, and in comparison to real world figures, the braking performance of the Ford GT is well represented in GT4.

Regards

Scaff
 
handlins really sucks on that car, i prefer othas, specially me Japanese cars :D
 
I never had any problems while my Ford GT was stock.
Went I began to build it, things started going wrong.
But after working on it for a couple hours, it turned out to be one hell of a car.
 
I like the Ford GT in stock form it is damn fast.
 
Yeah, this topic on the Ford GT in my opinion has rather been beaten to death since if I recall with one thread on big complaints, people kept talking and ranting and raving about how somehow PD screwed up the Ford GT big time and what have you.

Heck there was even a tuning and settings board on such as Scaff had pointed out. When I first saw it, I could not say much to the contrarty becuase I had not had much experience with GT4. A while back though, I showed the tuning and settings thread in relation to the Ford GT that scaff linked to Gabkicks, he took the car out for a run, I did. I was a second slower than he was but we both felt the same...

What are (some) people complaining about this car?

The only reason I could figure is that becuase it was a cover car, some people must have somehow expected it to be an end-all-beat-all, absoulte best braking, absolute best handling, absoute perfect performace car thru and thru...

and they expect to get from say 180mph to 60 mph in 150 meters or less for a corner (less it's a hairpin, then say 40-30mph), because 'it's a supercar, it should brake as fast as it accelerates'... could be wrong about that.

It goes proper, it turns better than most other road cars I've tired on GT on N spec tires (N2 or N3), it brakes perfeclty fine. But the problem is that this car exposes the lack of sense of speed in GT4. You feel like you're going maybe 30 when you're really heading at 80, this also has been mentioned more than once.

The only reason you would have to be more carefull in this braking comparied to an NSX-R is becuase you're going into a lot of corners a lot faster in thie Ford GT than the NSX-R, or a Z06 or a GTR-34 (one of the 7...or so...). Then again I havent driven it to death like I have the NSX-R or Z06, but it's an easy car, plus it's been discussed again and again at the places Scaff has put links out for. His threads say it better than I could anyway.

I guess that's all I'll say now.

Till later.
 
R_Riders
plus it's been discussed again and again at the places Scaff has put links out for. His threads say it better than I could anyway.

I guess that's all I'll say now.

Till later.

Thank you 👍

I think you put across how we both feel about the GT very well and the points you have raised I would fully agree with.

I agree that the two main issues with the GT are its sheer speed (and how it doesn't always come across in GT4) and unrealistic expectations about the car.

Regards

Scaff
 
There's nothing wrong with the brakes on the Ford GT. I think everyone here locks them up by jamming all the way donw on them when braking from high speed. There's something called "threshold braking", people. It's when you soften your braking just before they lock up.
 
I used to hate the brakes on that car, but the only thing that sucks really is your understanding and control of it.

Once you understand how it drives and works, it can really be a race winner. The same is with the S7.
 
If braking and acceleration distances are close to real life on the appropriate tires, sense of speed can be the only other problem, I know the sense of speed is quite off for cars in this game, in a real car accelerating from 0-60 mph in sub 4 sec range is quite gut wrenching, but in GT4 you would barely notice you are into the 100's before it starts to look like you are going at a reasonable clip. So I'm betting on the majority of the complainers are experiencing this, the GT and the S7 were the topics of cars being crappy, when in actuality they aren't, the S7 is amazing on N3 tires, it's braking distance is remarkedly small and it turns like no other. The GT is a little bit rougher than the S7, on corkscrews this car is dangerous, just like MR cars of oldcan be either neutral or go from understeer to over steer in a heartbeat, take the GT on the Nür, the left hand turn before Pflatzengarten will give you a run for your money, single handedly the toughest part for you to make through cleanly at speed in limit MR cars, Spirra does this too.

Now if PD can give us realistic sense of speed GT5 should scare the crap out of most of us, dunno bout you guys but driving around 100 mph on narrow roads is scary as hell.
 
In my testing of production cars (best lap times/16 tracks) the Ford GT's times were 8th out of 61 so far. I was very surprised because I too had seen a lot of people trash the car. I will clarify and say that I tuned all the cars to the max and used R3's, but under those conditions it performed VERY well for me.
 
Back