Gt4p Ai

Hey, I just did the Prius licence on gold, (so easy) have got gold all the way up to lesson 36, haven't attempted the others and am at 5368 points.

Now enough of my bragging.

After doing the Mclaren lesson, I noticed that the AI in GT4P is really improved over all the other series, i'm quite impressed at PD, they now behave like real racers, it's great. No longer do they ram into you and follow their set lines around the track, you set up next to them for a corner on the inside, and they'll let you pass, or try to block you ever so slightly, it's really well done.
👍

I don't know about you but the A.I in my version of Prologue is bad.After racing for 5 laps they were over 30 sec. behind me.Especially with slower cars they tend to drive really carefull.God i hope PD can somehow improve this,i mean the difficulty option don't even affect the A.I at all as far as i can see,you only get more laps to drive wich makes it even worse.You would atleast expect the A.I to improve when switching from Easy to Hard but nooooooo.

The fact is you can gain in on a toyota GTone Race car over 40 seconds and pass in 7 short laps of of fuji and also can have lapped the last 3 cars by the end of lap 10, also in this test the AI regulaly will slip stream you once you passed them on the straight then even when you brake at the 75 metre mark doing 320k plus they slam you in the rear.
They will not move over to slip stream you if you stay off the racing line on the long straight, they do however seem to stay off you if you are along side at the inside of a corner, although not always.
Ive noticed some little intricacies having improved but generally they are still far to slow and stupid.

As far as a competitive race is concerned, I can't see the AI has improved. :(

Even with the PS2 drivers on pro level, I can win any race by 10-30 seconds. And I'm not great at games.

I want the AI to drive the cars to the performance level of the cars they have.

If they don't up the AI levels significantley, then Arcade mode will again be a waste of time.

If they don't up the AI level in Sim mode, then this could be GT4's achilles heal.

Graphical improvements are always welcome, but so far, and at least in GT4P, they have not done much work on the AI. :(

I think the GT4P AI is pretty hopeless. Challenge only comes from driving a relatively underpowered car against a faster one on New York or Fuji where high speeds come into play.

I find it annoying, then, that you cannot choose which cars you race against. Racing against the Lotus Elise can be a challenge, but pick the track-tuned Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune and you only go up against the usual JDM 280ps suspects... no challenge.

Back to AI... it is severely underoptimised for many of the cars. They brake when they should just ease off the throttle. Otherwise, I think their braking performance is good because they are usualy better able to judge braking distances at the end of high-speed straights...

The classic AI fault for me is coming up to the first corner of Fuji, they'll run in your slipstream (if u let them) but use their normal braking point even though they've picked up perhaps 15kmh on their normal Vmax... so they brake right into the gravel trap! Stooges.

Can't say that i've seen the AI to be any different to that in GT3 - i hope they improve it for GT4.

I too was hoping for an improvement but I just "raced" 4 Spoon Civics and beat them by 45 seconds!!!!, that's pathetic, settings are on pro no driver aids and normal tyres d'oh!!! I hope GT4 is a little more serious with the pro drivers in the Silver/Gold times rather than 5-7 secs a lap off the pace

Yeah, it is poor, PD need to fix it or somebody needs to hack the VOL file and change the AI parameters and post a step by step guide just to make the other drivers fast. :crazy:

The poor AI in GT3 was it's biggest let down for me, it's what ruined a decent game IMO. So much so, I stopped playing it when I got GTP.

It seems that the graphics, sound and handling/physics all seem to be top notch when they released GTP. By all account GTP was just a tweaked version of a demo they showcased @ E3 2003, so if the graphics, sound handling etc have been that good for over a year, what have PD been working on all this time? Adding more tracks and cars, improving the AI..............lets hope so.

Cheers

Jamie

I've found the AI to be slightly smarter than in GT3, but no where near as fast. I can absolutely flog the competition on any track in any car. This is the biggest problem with prologue. Throw GT3 back in the PS2, and the AI is much quicker and sometimes very difficult to beat depending on the car. By the time GT4 comes out I won't really care because the AI will be much faster.

And then there's online competition..............

:D

I seriously Hope this problem gets fixed also, They need to bring back the Race Generator with some Hi End competitive acuracy this time, The cars need to be atleast as fast as you are, Especially around the corners! In GT2 we had some Cool Codes to make the AI cars have Every available part and Tuneing adjustment that we had, I sure like to see that in GT4 or atlease catch the AI cars in the Tune Shops purchasing parts, LOL!

RyosukeFCDS
I haven't done any arcade racing as yet, but from what i could tell from the McLaren and other race licence tests it was really good.
in my opinion, the AI is smarter i.t.o how they react in close-quarter situations, ie u dont get punted off the track at every turn. on the other hand, they'r stil dog slow and no competition during a race. once u get in the lead, any half-competent driver can pull a 30sec gap in no time. the licenses r challenging cos the leader has an enormous head-start.
it has been said tho that in GT4, the further u progress in the game, the harder the competition will b, compared to GT3... heres hoping :nervous:

A lot of gaming companies have scouts that read message boards... i don't even understand why PD hasn't shown any sort of thanks to gtplanet as it is one of the best resources for GT. Plenty of other series games have noticed the efforts of fan site communities and even ask them for support, or just let them know they are thankful.

I think the difference between GT4P en GT4 will be the same as GT2000 and GT3. And if KY says the AI will be improved, I believe him....

Well after finishing the game, and now playing on the courses with opponent cars, DAMN, the AI went downhill from GT3, ok not really, it's better, BUT, the AI is definetly SLOWER, but smarter, they go so damn slow, on pro no matter what car you pick, you can ALWAYS beat the AI if they're in the same car, unless you're ****.

Now, the ONLY challenge i can find in the entire game, is when you go to Tsukuba, no TCS, normal tyres, no driver aids, and use a MX-5, then HOPE that you go up against the Lotus 190, there's the only challenge where i really need to concentrate, and that's only because the Lotus is so damn fast on the straights.

I've found that the AI enters corners very wussy, takes ****house lines, and also starts there acceleration waayyy past the apex, very late, and also very slowly, they don't slam down the accelerater, they just coast till they're on the straights, it's pathetic, ALTHOUGH, i do like their crap lines on occasion, such as when you get the perfect inside line cause they took it a metre too far to the right, that's cool.

Still, there's no challenge except the MX-5 versus the Lotus 190, try it, see if you can win.

RyosukeFCDS
Still, there's no challenge except the MX-5 versus the Lotus 190, try it, see if you can win.

Yes the Ai is dam slow, The MX-5 race is alittle more of a challange (bit more with road tyres). Try the Lancer EVO IV rally car, you go against the other rally cars which are faster, there are some other cars that give abit of a challange (forgotten which ones) but they are all do-able with out too much fuss

puricele7e
Try racing a DC10 or EK9 at Tsukuba against a Lotus Elise 190, that'll be at least pretty interesting 👍

PS: I mean Honda Integra or Civic ;)
Nah. Tried that. Still no competition. The AI's just not agressive enough over the curbs. I think that's the main problem.

The A.I in Prologue is 100% stupid.

Let's take an example.

You are driving in front of an opponent, about the same speed. You lift off the throttle. The opponent just rams you in your back. Like it's thinking: I can see the track, but I can't see the opponent.

Or something else..

On the Fuji circuit, after the long straight. You need some heavy braking there, and the opponent that's close behind you just rams into you, without even trying to evade.

PD, I hope you'll deliver a splendid job on GT4.

VIPERGTSR01
Yes the Ai is dam slow, The MX-5 race is alittle more of a challange (bit more with road tyres). Try the Lancer EVO IV rally car, you go against the other rally cars which are faster, there are some other cars that give abit of a challange (forgotten which ones) but they are all do-able with out too much fuss

A nice challenge wit acceptable AI is picking the spoon S2000 race car on Fuji. You will be up against the rally cars.

I had a great moment when the lancia delta and the subaru passed me on the long staight, just before the breaking zone... :crazy:

It was just like the f1 race , they passed me on the left and right and that was a treat.. 👍

k2racer
A nice challenge wit acceptable AI is picking the spoon S2000 race car on Fuji. You will be up against the rally cars.

I had a great moment when the lancia delta and the subaru passed me on the long staight, just before the breaking zone... :crazy:

It was just like the f1 race , they passed me on the left and right and that was a treat.. 👍

Yup, you can't keep up in the straights, but the corners shouldn't be a rpoblem.

they also brake to early.

one thing thats annoying me is the consitancly of the 10 second rule. like if you just brush up against the wall (and the front JUST tapes the wall) you get a 10 seconds at 50 km but if you go into a conner and e-brake so the back of the car hits the wall (at enough speed for the car to get rebounded) and you don't get a 10 seconds penilty.

i hope we get really crazy AI or i'll just have to do the endurance with a Mini or MX-5

Back