GT5 A Few Months In The Future

  • Thread starter Thread starter 200MphFord
  • 14 comments
  • 2,114 views
Messages
460
Messages
Thisguy70
With most games the allure of the game washes away and all the non "hardcore" fans move on to bigger and "better" games. Now assuming that holds true, what does everyone think about this game a few months from now? I myself am hoping those who aren't true fans of the series will qui the game and open up the online lobbys for those who actually want a quality race. Not to say that there wont b a few still around to ruin it for the few but hopefully it'll be better given some more time passes. Any thoughts?
 
I think that most people will stay with the addition of new Seasonals and eventually some DLC.
 
Well, if they made it easier to find good online rooms.... with the option for better filtering of race types, improved shuffle racing 'classes', and a bigger recommended garage list, online would be irresistible.
 
ollyb
Well, if they made it easier to find good online rooms.... with the option for better filtering of race types, improved shuffle racing 'classes', and a bigger recommended garage list, online would be irresistible.

Would also be nice if they added leaderboards based on Performance Points. I love hot lapping but Im craving competition.
 
got bored of the game within a few months really. took a 1 month break, bought a wheel, played a few more months and quit again. there isnt much to do and it's just frustrating playing (loading times mainly). online is a huge joke. i have to wait 5+ minutes to find 1 race. it is too unorganized.
 
They should just release a A-spec extension, instead of drip feeding seasonal events. The amount of tracks, and cars that didn't get a look in and are crying out for an event or 6 is criminal.
 
Tonystew42
I think that most people will stay with the addition of new Seasonals and eventually some DLC.

I think even with Seasonal events i dont think its enough to keep the trolls around. I've been playing since January and i've been exploring alot of different things in the game to keep myself interested regardless of the Seasonal events or the possibility of DLC.
 
People will definitely bail out. 40/40 with full garages and a feeling of completeness will allow people to be drawn to other games. It's happened to me already. I already spend far more time on MLB 11: The Show, inFAMOUS (thank you Welcome Back!), and even Black Ops. I had given up on Black Ops once GT5 came out and I just started to return to it.

GT5 still gets a little play time but usually only with a buddy or two that has it and it'll just be split screen at their place or mine.
 
If PD doesn't add anything other then new seasonals in the next few months, (please add tracks and A-spec events), I will just put my Signature Edition away and start preparing for BF3 for PC!!!

The lack of events in A-spec is just pathetic... If I remember correctly, GT4 had the same amount of events... And add all the manufacture events it would be tripled... Why on earth didn't they just add a few more events in GT5 from the first place? Most of the events in GT5 are just copied from GT4 anyways (*cough* endurances *cough*).

So with hopefully at least a decent amount of tracks added, and events for them I would be interested in playing it for a good time... And endurance saves would be appriciated too.

But oh well... Maybe that's just me...
 
In a few months? I don't know what you are after here. It's already been about 7 months since the game game out, right? If by your thought that most people will be bored after a few months, those few months would have happened long ago.
People will continue to buy the game, especially as prices drop.

Will it change? I doubt it. I would consider myself hardcore in the sense I've basically played this game every day since it came out but it is showing its age IMO. I collected every car, I am not far from collecting every gear already. I am not far from collecting every one of the 2400 different paints. Yeah, I've gotten that bored with the game to go and try and collect every single paint. Or I could totally be wrong.

If I had a 360, GT5 would start collecting dust as soon as Forza 4 came out. Not that it is better but something new.
 
got bored of the game within a few months really. took a 1 month break, bought a wheel, played a few more months and quit again. there isnt much to do and it's just frustrating playing (loading times mainly). online is a huge joke. i have to wait 5+ minutes to find 1 race. it is too unorganized.

Thats why you open your own lobby :) It works every time.. Specially if the title says Road cars then there will not go more than a couple of minutes then someone will join.. I started playing GT300 and GT500 races pretty much.. But now I'm moved to road cars between 450-520pp. Great fun!!!

EDIT: I think I will keep playing this game for many months..
 
Villain
People will definitely bail out. 40/40 with full garages and a feeling of completeness will allow people to be drawn to other games. It's happened to me already. I already spend far more time on MLB 11: The Show, inFAMOUS (thank you Welcome Back!), and even Black Ops. I had given up on Black Ops once GT5 came out and I just started to return to it.

GT5 still gets a little play time but usually only with a buddy or two that has it and it'll just be split screen at their place or mine.

Some guys on line created a soccer game.In the future maybe people will have it garages completed, but they will play this game and maybe they can do championships.Or new cars will appear in updates.
 
Guaranteed I will still be playing. Heck I still play GT2.:lol: That one never gets old to me.
When Forza 4 comes out, I bet a lot of people will leave. Admittedly I will probably get that also, although it will be no replacement. I've had every Forza and to me whenever I play it, all I think about is how I miss Gran Turismo. GT may lack some compared to Forza but for me GT is where my heart is at.
But I will say joining the GTP WRS or a racing league on here is immense fun and adds to the longevity of the game. You meet some good people and all have the same idea of good clean racing fun.
 
McLarenGTR
got bored of the game within a few months really. took a 1 month break, bought a wheel, played a few more months and quit again. there isnt much to do and it's just frustrating playing (loading times mainly). online is a huge joke. i have to wait 5+ minutes to find 1 race. it is too unorganized.

Hence, why it is crucial to find racing leagues on GTP, or even make ypur own.
 
Back