- 769

- Tampa, FL
- NingDynasty
Hi everyone I'm sure there are many people out there like me who miss the A-Spec point quest that we had back in GT4. I've just completed (Gold) all of the Special Events and Licenses which were mostly competitive and enjoyable races. I have read that like it's predecessors GT5's A-Spec races are limitless and it's rather easy to defeat the ai with a monster car.
In an effort to take the "grinding" out of the game my thought with this thread is to try and compile a database with the lap times and total race times that it takes to have competitive races with the ai cars for all of the A-Spec races.
Hopefully we can get a nice discussion going about what information we'd like in the database and get help from everyone who thinks this would be useful to add the information into the database.I was thinking about using a Google Docs spreadsheet to keep all the information tracked. I've started tracking times in a Google Docs Spreadsheet.
I figure that there are two ways people can help
A) Run a clean race, as to not obstruct the ai, with whatever car you want and wait for the lead ai car to finish then record the total time. Go back to the replay and check the lap times of the lead ai (or fastest ai as it may be).
B) Go into the race and pull over off the track, as to not obstruct the ai, let the race finish then quit out and get the lap times and total time from the replay. Replay mode does not show you an exact total race time, though you can get close by pausing right as the lead car finishes the final lap or get the exact time by adding the lap times.
Notes: Obviously the above could be pretty daunting for the endurance races though I'm pretty sure we could gage them by the end of the first stint when the last ai car pits. Having the pit strategy information seems like a pretty important piece of information for this guide/database as well.
Here is the link to the preliminary spreadsheet, though I'll concede that there is only one race recorded at this time.
Gran Turismo 5 A-Spec Target Time Database
In an effort to take the "grinding" out of the game my thought with this thread is to try and compile a database with the lap times and total race times that it takes to have competitive races with the ai cars for all of the A-Spec races.
Hopefully we can get a nice discussion going about what information we'd like in the database and get help from everyone who thinks this would be useful to add the information into the database.
I figure that there are two ways people can help
A) Run a clean race, as to not obstruct the ai, with whatever car you want and wait for the lead ai car to finish then record the total time. Go back to the replay and check the lap times of the lead ai (or fastest ai as it may be).
B) Go into the race and pull over off the track, as to not obstruct the ai, let the race finish then quit out and get the lap times and total time from the replay. Replay mode does not show you an exact total race time, though you can get close by pausing right as the lead car finishes the final lap or get the exact time by adding the lap times.
Notes: Obviously the above could be pretty daunting for the endurance races though I'm pretty sure we could gage them by the end of the first stint when the last ai car pits. Having the pit strategy information seems like a pretty important piece of information for this guide/database as well.
Here is the link to the preliminary spreadsheet, though I'll concede that there is only one race recorded at this time.
Gran Turismo 5 A-Spec Target Time Database
Last edited: