GT5 Advertising?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_RainMan
  • 20 comments
  • 2,420 views
Messages
33
Messages
GTP_RainMan
For a game coming out this year (March or December), I sure don't see allot of advertising for this game....

This website is the only one where we find info on GT5 and worse, the contributors had to actually "dig up" the info that we got on here...
 
Last edited:
Got my hopes up thinking this was a new ad for GT5.. :/

Damn me for clicking the link..
 
Very few games start advertising this long before release.
 
most games don't advertise til after release.
 
advertising after release ??

My my inbox is loaded with pre-order ad for games that are coming out in two months.
Star trek Online was offering lifetime membership add 6 months before the game came out.
 
GT5 doesn't need any advertising all it need is a RELEASE DATE!!
 
We will start to see GT5 ads poping up all over the world 2 months before release. I guess May!
 
GT5 doesn't need any advertising all it need is a RELEASE DATE!!

Agreed. This game will sell millions without the need for advertising.

Though the odd advert here and there can't hurt, we can expect them maybe in the 1-2 weeks before release.

Plus the fact the box art has been released is advertising in itself, every gaming retail outlet will have box with that cover on, to make people aware it is available for pre-order.

What about GT academy. What about the GT setups that exist in various locations (Mercedes Benz museum is it?). I think these all count as advertising/publicity. People who may have never heard of the game could come across them.
 
The information we have received since it was announced is extremely poor.

I seem to remember having a full car list around a year before launch for GT4.

Adverts and information are necessary to wet our appetite for the game, and really make us crave the full game all the way to launch.

This can boost the sales by a lot because by attracting attention, more people are going to want this game, and word of mouth will spread like wildfire.

This type of advertising can sell even the worst of games successfully.
 
And here I am thinking March was years away and now it's here. Now that it's here we don't even know when it's going to come out. I need to go back to an average consumer and forget GT even exists
 
^ I guess that's the price we pay for being a dedicated fan. And to think that until 3 months ago, I completely forgot GT5P existed, let alone GT5. It's all started when I tried to 100% GT4 and found this forums. :lol:
OT: They won't start their marketing campaign until 1 months before release date. Heavy Rain and FFXIII coming out soon and I haven't seen one single commercial yet.
 
Last edited:
Advertising of the proper GT5 (ie not GT Acadmy, or GT5 setups like the Mercedes Benz Museum) will probably only commence after a definite release date has been announced. If they advertise before announcing the release date many would speculate that GT5 is releasing soon, get all hyped, then find out that some Sony CEO says the game will release much later than expect, and then everyone will start bashing Kaz even though it isn't entirely his fault.
 
Advertising of the proper GT5 (ie not GT Acadmy, or GT5 setups like the Mercedes Benz Museum) will probably only commence after a definite release date has been announced. If they advertise before announcing the release date many would speculate that GT5 is releasing soon, get all hyped, then find out that some Sony CEO says the game will release much later than expect, and then everyone will start bashing Kaz even though it isn't entirely his fault.

And this is how the cookie crumbles!
This is why we don't see any campaign on adverting the game whatsoever.
Usually it starts 3 months earlier.
 
advertising will be around 8 weeks prior to release, frankly im expecting a release date to be announced at TGS2010. And hopefully the date they announce will be 8 weeks after TGS so advertising can begin straight after TGS. I'd love GT to release before TGS but i just cant see it somehow
 
GT5 might not even come this year.
 
Dude, just look at GT PSP. All the hype they did, the posts on the PS blog, the TV ads, the bundled consoles, the fan competitions... Do you think they will not advertise GT5, one of the biggest exclusive franchises on the PS3? Think again.
 
Dude, just look at GT PSP. All the hype they did, the posts on the PS blog, the TV ads, the bundled consoles, the fan competitions... Do you think they will not advertise GT5, one of the biggest exclusive franchises on the PS3? Think again.

You make a fair point. GTPSP was advertised quite a lot, loads of adverts on TV etc. I don't recall seeing any ads at all for GT2 or 3.

I remember seeing an ad for GT1, it involved a Viper spinning out on Route 5. Its what made me buy the game lol. I remember seeing an ad for GT4, a DB9 stopping on Deep Forest to look at the view. Awesome :lol:

I think the adverts will not start until we have a confirmed release date, and a lot more info from press releases and game shows. I'm expecting a release date at E3, along with a trailor. As some have said, it's like 2009 all over again. Except we are another year along, which means they've been adding things to the game.
 
What do you think GT Academy is if not advertising?

It also fits neatly into Sony's greater encompassing Make.Believe campaign, which is pushed to a greater audience than just gamers.

 
advertising after release ??

My my inbox is loaded with pre-order ad for games that are coming out in two months.
Star trek Online was offering lifetime membership add 6 months before the game came out.

Yes, after. I'm only speaking about TV commercials though seeing as I haven't picked up a gaming magazine in 5 years.
 
Back