GT5 = Awsome, but not good for my health!

  • Thread starter Thread starter godius
  • 19 comments
  • 1,831 views
Messages
40
I picked up GT5 on the 24th a few minutes after the shops opened. Installed the game, and about an hour later I was playing. Ever since then I dropped all my work (normally a work at home webmaster), and its been non-stop racing.

Eyes are killing me, left thub hurt like a bi-atch, but I must say, IT'S TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Today I forced myself to go outside for 30 minutes to go for a walk 💡 after that, straight back to racing.

Wonder how long I can keep doing this, and if any other hardcore fans are doing the same :)
 
After I got it I played for 25 hours straight - 1am (after the install+drive home) until I had to go to bed for work at 2am the next day. I've got a wheel on full FFB so my arms were killing me!

Can't say today's been too productive, I'm also a work-at-homer! Woo!
 
Hehe yeah i gave up on the wheel after the first day. the normal ps3 controller is much more relaxed after a while. i got the g25 wheel which is great fun, but not for such long periods.
 
Hehe yeah i gave up on the wheel after the first day. the normal ps3 controller is much more relaxed after a while. i got the g25 wheel which is great fun, but not for such long periods.

Your kidding!..you gave up on the G25..madness i tell you madness!
 
I hear you... I got the game home at 1 pm yesterday and started playing at 2. Other than a break for some turkey and 3-4 hours sleep I've been playing ever since. I bought a new Driving Force wheel and this is the first time I've used pedals in a GT game. Sitting for hours in one position makes it hard to walk. With the controler at least you can sit back and put your legs up. :)
 
I forced myself to take a break from the game, which I'm on now. A break I'm spending on a GT forum with B-Spec running picture-in-picture on the TV that doubles as a computer monitor.

I need help, guys.
 
I picked up GT5 on the 24th a few minutes after the shops opened. Installed the game, and about an hour later I was playing. Ever since then I dropped all my work (normally a work at home webmaster), and its been non-stop racing.

Eyes are killing me, left thub hurt like a bi-atch, but I must say, IT'S TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Today I forced myself to go outside for 30 minutes to go for a walk 💡 after that, straight back to racing.

Wonder how long I can keep doing this, and if any other hardcore fans are doing the same :)

Yes, similar here :)
Eyes are burning and watering.
My back hurts even though been experimenting with all types of cushions and pillows on my seat. Got up inbetween only to go to bathroom and do some pushups to get the heartrate up :)
I am on vacation till wednesday so at least I don't have to drop work in that sense.
 
I'm feeling a little woozy myself tonight. :) Need some fresh air.
 
I forced myself to take a break from the game, which I'm on now. A break I'm spending on a GT forum with B-Spec running picture-in-picture on the TV that doubles as a computer monitor.

I need help, guys.

Nonsense!! You're doing it right!! :D
 
I understand now why some people are so far in the game. Good for the slower ones like me (I have a wife and a little girl) that will receive tips in order to save time...

Thanks for sharing your GT5 experience. :)
 
If work and kid related stuff didn't keep getting in the way i would be still playing.:)
 
I forced myself to take a break from the game, which I'm on now. A break I'm spending on a GT forum with B-Spec running picture-in-picture on the TV that doubles as a computer monitor.

I need help, guys.

Glad to know I'm not alone! B-Spec Bob is working his mojo as we speak. 👍
 
Print out this handy guide;

TVWoman.jpg
 
Hahaha, I did 5 laps of that Special Stage 7 with a GT5, arms got a bit tired holding up the wheel, but it was most likely the seating position I'm in.
 
Hahaha, I did 5 laps of that Special Stage 7 with a GT5, arms got a bit tired holding up the wheel, but it was most likely the seating position I'm in.

Did this today with a friend. Any more then 2 laps with just to people is not worth it, more people then more laps imo.
 
I will do the same thing as fast as my copy of the game arrives from the US :nervous:

A big hug, and, in the other hand, I'm really really glad that all of you can enjoy this remarcable new entry in the GT series.

Great job Kaz!..

Oh!, one last thing, although there is already a talk of the subject, the physical improvements are amazing with a DFGT or a G25, aren't they?

A big hug.

Eager Snake.
 
I picked up GT5 on the 24th a few minutes after the shops opened. Installed the game, and about an hour later I was playing. Ever since then I dropped all my work (normally a work at home webmaster), and its been non-stop racing.

Eyes are killing me, left thub hurt like a bi-atch, but I must say, IT'S TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Today I forced myself to go outside for 30 minutes to go for a walk 💡 after that, straight back to racing.

Wonder how long I can keep doing this, and if any other hardcore fans are doing the same :)

Been doing the same thing since the 24th. You said your thumbs are killing you. Well try playing the same amount of time with a wheel. My body is killing me . The force feedback after 3 days of playing is crazy on your body :scared: .Only thing I have done other than play......well.......uh um?

Kai....
 
Hehe yeah i gave up on the wheel after the first day. the normal ps3 controller is much more relaxed after a while. i got the g25 wheel which is great fun, but not for such long periods.

I never even plugged my G25 in. Been using my DFGT for the same comfort reason you mentioned. I also am having eye issues. I just turned my screen resolution down to 480P instead of 1080P and it is helping a lot. My c0ckpit is kinda close to my TV.

Kai.....
 
Last edited:
Back