GT5 Booth at TAS 2011

  • Thread starter Thread starter jdmAP1
  • 1 comments
  • 646 views
Messages
410
Messages
iJDM808
Although I'm about 2 weeks in getting around to uploading it, I've finally done so. Just thought I'd share it with the GT5 community here on GTP.

Here's just a small video I took of the GT5 booth at Tokyo Auto Salon 2011 here in Japan. I left a English description describing the video in the description. But for just for those that won't view the page:

Anyway, first in the video was the "Racing Modify" Corner. On the left were cockpits for guests to try RM cars, on the right were controllers for those that didn't care. The wait for the controller experience was about 5 minutes (according to the sign).

Second was the "X2010" Corner. Again, left was for cockpits (which the video stated was about a 15~20 minute wait), the right for controllers.

Third was the "3D Gallery" Corner where guest wore 3D glasses and watched 3D GT5 footage on Sony's 3D TVs. I did this (as I am able to experience the rest at home) and have to say that I wish I could play in 3D. It was really UNREAL.

Last was the "Premium" Corner. In this corner, which had the longest wait (On Press Day, it was just 5 Minutes, which I didn't have time to do unfortunately) of an hour at peak times. In this corner, guests drove the GT5 flagship car, the Mercedes SLS AMG, on the "Premium" cockpit setup with racing wheel, DFGT, 5-panel TV surround view, and surround sound. Looked pretty cool

and here's the video:

 
Nice video!

Quite interesting that the 3D experience was held in the open... I would have thought that it would be in a darkened room on a bigger screen for the full immersion. I have yet to see this game in 3D and doubt I ever will. I should think it does make the whole experience a lot better, just not sure what it would do to my already 'below average' lap times.

Thanks for taking the time to upload and write up the event. :)
 
Back