GT5 Car Fuel Economy Chart

• Thread starter Audiman90
  • 3 comments
ItsANuke11
ItsANuke11
Hey guys, just running some endurance races now, and I had a thought that I needed to get some feedback on. As anyone who has ran one probably knows, racing the AI is something that can very easily become a race where the second place car finishes some -5000 laps off the pace, and to make the race something more competitive, picking a underpowered/untuned car is almost a requirement.

My thought was that, to widen the selection of cars you could choose for a race, wouldn't having a list of all the fuel economy numbers of cars in the game be helpful? My feeling was that for races like the 4H Nurburgring event, having the numbers to base a decision on would widen the pool of cars you could use to make the race competitive. Even more so, if what is being rumored is to become true, and we will be able to create events to race in other than what is provided in A-spec and Seasonals and the like, wouldn't a list like this help if you decided to run a 45 lap Enduro at Spa, or a 24 hour race at Daytona's road course?

I might just be over thinking things here, and if thats the case, tell me (its why I am here). If this is something that a lot of people think is a good idea, I have already taken a few cars data to see how easy it would be to do if it was to be replicated 1000+ times, and I would be able to like 10 cars a day at least. Also, I would need some help from the community here at GTP, as I am not one of the proud who own all the cars the game has on offer.

I'm not 100% on this but i do believe it depends a good amount on driving style. Smooth driving vs mash gas/mash brakes/ repeat through the entirety of the race. Also it would depend on ones driving line through the course as well as any off track adventures where your wheels are spinning through dirt/grass/gravel/etc.
I suppose you could compile a chart with the gas mileage on a track like Route X or Daytona or something but I'm just not sure how useful that chart would be to plan out the economy for a race at Spa or the Ring or pretty much any non oval track. And even if you did it on a track by track basis (which would take ages with 1000+ cars) it would only be useful if the person that made the chart has a similar driving style and racing line when compared to yours.

This is based on my assumption that driving style matters. I have noticed that some drivers in online enduros get better or worse mileage than me, and I'm guessing that's due to driving style and driving line, I doubt that driving line differences would account for this as much as I've noticed. I just don't know that someone can shorten the track enough (legally) with a perfected racing line to get an extra couple laps of fuel economy (except in rather extreme case where one person is driving an efficient and fast line and the other is absolute rubbish.)

Fuel consumption is pretty tricky to clarify. It will vary by car but will also vary widely between different drivers and different setups. A general idea of how the different cars drink would be nice, but would probably take a lot of testing, and would probably be best if tackled by a very small number of people to help minimize the differences in driving style, which would make it even more onerous.

Back