GT5 crashing since update

  • Thread starter Thread starter velly
  • 43 comments
  • 8,499 views
When switching between live timing screen and lounge in a friends lobby last night, my game froze, 3 times in a row. Had to quit the game and restart 3 times in a row... Problem didnt resolve intself, I just gave up.
 
Mine is constantly going slow or freezing in the last few days.
It's just the online menus that don't work, it's like it's taking minutes to read anything from the HDD or disc. Just for one menu action. I went to save a replay and it took 3 seconds to load each saved replay description, then another 30 seconds for the picture, then it had to do that about 10 times to display each saved replay visible on screen, I turned the PS3 off before it gave me the chance to actually save anything. Buttons are unresponsive when it does this.
I checked the blu-ray disc it seems fine, it's something to do with online, servers or something, actualy online gameplay is fine against other players. It's sony's/PD problem messing something up.
 
I thought you were talking about crash physics :dunce: I never had any problems with crashing though
 
I'm experiencing a lot of disconnections whilst online since 1.10 came out, also very slow to load, or sometimes not at all when trying to view mates online in the Community section
 
I have been playing GT5 with no problems up until i installed the latest patch 1.10 and now the game crashes when moving through the menu's. The screen freezes with the last image on screen and i have to reboot the PS3 everytime. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this or is it a sony issue which i will have to wait to be patched out. I have installed the optional PS3 firmware 3.65 in an attempt to fix but still no joy. Any ideas, Thanks in advance

Kaos
 
My game froze several times just after trying the same licence test (which I haven't managed to beat yet)...

Never happened to me before 1.10!
 
I reckon after the last server maintenance they swapped over the GT5 servers to the prologue servers, and they are preparing them ready for a new online capability for GT5 in a coming update.
I'm trying to think of reasons why GT5 is so bad online now for reliability. When the host leaves a room now it's likely the room will crash and everyone will get disconnected. It's like the old days when you are relying on someone else staying online just to stay in the game yourself.
 
I raced online for about 7 hrs or more with no crashes even though the day before I had crashes and lock-ups. I think the people I was racing had better connections and that helps but there is still something going on that needs fixing.
 
I had an issue where my game would freeze in practice mode every time I would enter the last corner before the line on TGTT in my zr1. Happened for only a day or so then went away amd haven't seen it again. Weird :odd:
 
The online lag and crashes/freezes now is attrocious since the last patch. Freezing on exit/entry to garage, freezing joining a room, voice chats playing up more than usual, freezing in settings, freezing on race start. Everyone i know has had these problems, the games barely playable to us online atm.
 
mine crashes all the time when trying to LEAVE an online lobby.
 
I have crashed at the end of b-spec endurance races and after a-spec races. Also strange is when i hear the blip sound malfunction when doing the license test restart.
 
today it took me more than ten minutes to change the cars online, also it will hang when I leave a room.
fw 3.60, v1.10, nat3, bandwith high, ps3 slim.
Before 1.10 the game was only freezing sometimes while loading some tracks or starting, now it's freezing at the menus and leaving rooms.
 
mine crashes all the time when trying to LEAVE an online lobby.

Yes mine just freeze,s when leaving a lobby.
Have to turn off to get anywhere?


today it took me more than ten minutes to change the cars online, also it will hang when I leave a room.
fw 3.60, v1.10, nat3, bandwith high, ps3 slim.
Before 1.10 the game was only freezing sometimes while loading some tracks or starting, now it's freezing at the menus and leaving rooms.

Yes mine just freeze,s when leaving a lobby.
And has for choosing cars well its a pain.
Never used to have any problems before the new update?
Chat soon bye for now.:)
 
Back