GT5 Damage Model- definitive answer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ESCUDO 1800hp
  • 27 comments
  • 3,025 views
Messages
274
I know this type of topic has been discussed to death, as I have been searching for an answer for 20 minutes, but I can not find it.

The damage model is more advanced as I level up, I know, but my questions are:

Is the damage model based on the solely on the A-Spec level? Or highest between A and B Spec? Or average of A and B Spec levels?

Or is it more complicated, like A-Spec damage model based on A-Spec mode and B-Spec mode based on B-Spec level?

(Trying to decide if it would be worthwhile to level up my B-Spec career for better damage model)
 
No. It is fully unlocked from the beginning proven by the statement issued by sony around 4 months ago when prompted about it.
 
But the same cars I used at level 10 are now significantly more advanced now that I'm above 35- did one of the patches improve the model drastically?
 
It doesn't get "more advanced" or anything. It's either enabled or disabled. There is no go-between. 👍
 
So if I'm A and B Spec level 0 with a gift car from my level 35 account, it will look the same? I might try this tomorrow.

It doesn't get "more advanced" or anything. It's either enabled or disabled. There is no go-between. 👍
If damage is there "from the beginning" how does it get disabled?
 
So if I'm A and B Spec level 0 with a gift car from my level 35 account, it will look the same? I might try this tomorrow.


If damage is there "from the beginning" how does it get disabled?

It should be, and I'm sure somewhere in the options you can change it.
 
Well i don't know what else I can do to prove it to you that it is always unlocked. :indiff:
 
I read in the new gameinformer that they are going to be adding a ton of new things for damage.

Like if your car breaks down you have to figure out what is wrong with it, what is that fluid dripping on the ground, etc

you will have two cars in your garage that these kinds of things can happen to
 
Dude, go into a race and drive into a wall. If you see damage, it's enabled! :dunce:
 
Dude, go into a race and drive into a wall. If you see damage, it's enabled! :dunce:

Well my original thinking was that it gets more advanced with a higher level, but I've been told otherwise here.

I remember trying to wreck my Ford GT around whatever level that car is available (15-ish?). Then again at level 25, it (seeming) looked more advanced, and then at 33+ I tried again and it (seemingly) looked even more advanced. I guess I just got better at damaging things.
 
I read in the new gameinformer that they are going to be adding a ton of new things for damage.

Like if your car breaks down you have to figure out what is wrong with it, what is that fluid dripping on the ground, etc

you will have two cars in your garage that these kinds of things can happen to

Can you post the link for me?
 
I read in the new gameinformer that they are going to be adding a ton of new things for damage.

Like if your car breaks down you have to figure out what is wrong with it, what is that fluid dripping on the ground, etc

you will have two cars in your garage that these kinds of things can happen to

can you post link?
 
I read in the new gameinformer that they are going to be adding a ton of new things for damage.

Like if your car breaks down you have to figure out what is wrong with it, what is that fluid dripping on the ground, etc

you will have two cars in your garage that these kinds of things can happen to

That sounds fairly made up, or like something was lost in translation.
 
Well my original thinking was that it gets more advanced with a higher level, but I've been told otherwise here.

I remember trying to wreck my Ford GT around whatever level that car is available (15-ish?). Then again at level 25, it (seeming) looked more advanced, and then at 33+ I tried again and it (seemingly) looked even more advanced. I guess I just got better at damaging things.

It is not more advanced as your level up. Go try it if you want but I know the result you'll come to.
 
That sounds fairly made up, or like something was lost in translation.

not made up!, I will quote the whole thing right from the magazine, I think it might hint a future update for GT5, but maybe GT6.

Polyphony Digital and Sony have heard user complants regarding unimpressive car damage in Gran Turismo 5, and they're set to adress those issues and more in a new title update."Damage is an integral part of racing, and we're taking it to the next level," says studio president Kazunori Yamauchi. Games have featured details like tire wear,crumpled hoods, and detached bumpers, but they haven't captured the real experiance of car ownership. This update gives every player a new garage that just holds two cars - then the fun begins. "Car customization is so realistic that only an actual mechanic can understand whats actually happening",says Yamauchi. Gamers who aren't famillar with how cars work can interact with their vehicles by inspecting the garage for mysterious stains and leaks, why the "check engine" light keeps blinking , and popping the hood for that bewildering mess of an engine. Once the car stops running or gets in a wreck(hope you bought insurance!), players must turn to the people on their freinds list, asking for a virtual ride to the game's microtransaction-supported repair shop."We're intent on bringing players the most realistic experiance on the market today", Yamauchi insists. "This is what driving all about."


Interesting concept in my opinion, but I personally wounldnt enjoy that since I have a Real Car and wouldn't bother with repairing a virtual one, but still a good read!
 
nevermind. I just read the GT5 article which I trust more than a 3rd party article.
 
not made up!, I will quote the whole thing right from the magazine, I think it might hint a future update for GT5, but maybe GT6.

Polyphony Digital and Sony have heard user complants regarding unimpressive car damage in Gran Turismo 5, and they're set to adress those issues and more in a new title update."Damage is an integral part of racing, and we're taking it to the next level," says studio president Kazunori Yamauchi. Games have featured details like tire wear,crumpled hoods, and detached bumpers, but they haven't captured the real experiance of car ownership. This update gives every player a new garage that just holds two cars - then the fun begins. "Car customization is so realistic that only an actual mechanic can understand whats actually happening",says Yamauchi. Gamers who aren't famillar with how cars work can interact with their vehicles by inspecting the garage for mysterious stains and leaks, why the "check engine" light keeps blinking , and popping the hood for that bewildering mess of an engine. Once the car stops running or gets in a wreck(hope you bought insurance!), players must turn to the people on their freinds list, asking for a virtual ride to the game's microtransaction-supported repair shop."We're intent on bringing players the most realistic experiance on the market today", Yamauchi insists. "This is what driving all about."


Interesting concept in my opinion, but I personally wounldnt enjoy that since I have a Real Car and wouldn't bother with repairing a virtual one, but still a good read!

I'm calling it. This was in their section they do every April called GameInfarcer.
 
not made up!, I will quote the whole thing right from the magazine, I think it might hint a future update for GT5, but maybe GT6.

Polyphony Digital and Sony have heard user complants regarding unimpressive car damage in Gran Turismo 5, and they're set to adress those issues and more in a new title update."Damage is an integral part of racing, and we're taking it to the next level," says studio president Kazunori Yamauchi. Games have featured details like tire wear,crumpled hoods, and detached bumpers, but they haven't captured the real experiance of car ownership. This update gives every player a new garage that just holds two cars - then the fun begins. "Car customization is so realistic that only an actual mechanic can understand whats actually happening",says Yamauchi. Gamers who aren't famillar with how cars work can interact with their vehicles by inspecting the garage for mysterious stains and leaks, why the "check engine" light keeps blinking , and popping the hood for that bewildering mess of an engine. Once the car stops running or gets in a wreck(hope you bought insurance!), players must turn to the people on their freinds list, asking for a virtual ride to the game's microtransaction-supported repair shop."We're intent on bringing players the most realistic experiance on the market today", Yamauchi insists. "This is what driving all about."


Interesting concept in my opinion, but I personally wounldnt enjoy that since I have a Real Car and wouldn't bother with repairing a virtual one, but still a good read!

I'm calling it. This was in their section they do every April called GameInfarcer.

Yeah, by made up I didn't mean you made it up. I meant the author of the article made it up. That sounds, quite frankly, terrible and the very definition of gimmick. It sounds like a Wii mini-game, not a driving sim.
 
They also misspelled "experience"
 
It doesn't get "more advanced" or anything. It's either enabled or disabled. There is no go-between. 👍
Exactly. The rumor of "leveling up creates more damage" is false.

Some rally cars have really detailed damage like rear hatch popping up and doors coming off but almost all of the other cars dont have damage anywhere near that at all. It usually takes a lot of smashing over and over and over again to see any severe damage. 1 head on hit at 150mph does hardly anything at all. You need to do it over and over again to see results.
 
April edition? April fool's anybody?
 
^^^ Yeah probably, but if it isn't I hope they dont implement it , way too realistic in terms of gameplay, I like things the way they are now, just a bigger a spec would be nice I guess:sly:

(seasonal event s are still fun though)
 
blown engines & tires would be nice....also a damage% for a rebuild
 
I read in the new gameinformer that they are going to be adding a ton of new things for damage.

Like if your car breaks down you have to figure out what is wrong with it, what is that fluid dripping on the ground, etc

you will have two cars in your garage that these kinds of things can happen to

That would be awesome, and I hope it is true.
 
not made up!, I will quote the whole thing right from the magazine, I think it might hint a future update for GT5, but maybe GT6.

Polyphony Digital and Sony have heard user complants regarding unimpressive car damage in Gran Turismo 5, and they're set to adress those issues and more in a new title update."Damage is an integral part of racing, and we're taking it to the next level," says studio president Kazunori Yamauchi. Games have featured details like tire wear,crumpled hoods, and detached bumpers, but they haven't captured the real experiance of car ownership. This update gives every player a new garage that just holds two cars - then the fun begins. "Car customization is so realistic that only an actual mechanic can understand whats actually happening",says Yamauchi. Gamers who aren't famillar with how cars work can interact with their vehicles by inspecting the garage for mysterious stains and leaks, why the "check engine" light keeps blinking , and popping the hood for that bewildering mess of an engine. Once the car stops running or gets in a wreck(hope you bought insurance!), players must turn to the people on their freinds list, asking for a virtual ride to the game's microtransaction-supported repair shop."We're intent on bringing players the most realistic experiance on the market today", Yamauchi insists. "This is what driving all about."


Interesting concept in my opinion, but I personally wounldnt enjoy that since I have a Real Car and wouldn't bother with repairing a virtual one, but still a good read!
It would probably take PD 10 years to do that at the rate they made gt5...
 
Back