GT5 Garage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dan_
  • 18 comments
  • 3,924 views

Dan_

Acoustic Member
Premium
Messages
3,240
Brazil
Desert Island
Messages
GTP_DAN_
Hello,

I don't know if this feature it's already confirmed (or even speculated) but, it can make up subject for a interesting post, so here we go.....

I was playing prologue yesterday ( erhmm..today..since was past 4AM...), and there's a little thing that could make GT games much more attractive to the car collector....the garage.

In TDU, you could turn a camera and appreciate every detail of the car while in garage, also, you can see the interior, appreciate the seats and the central console.......

In prologue, the car just keep movng slowly and there's nothing you can do to watch it without taking a run, I really would like if there's a user controlled camera in the garage so you can inspect every car as you want as it were in TDU, as well inspect the interiors...

So, what do you think? It wouldn't be awesome?
 
That was one of the things I liked about PGR on Xbox 360 - the fact that you could have cars in a garage, walk around, and view them from all angles. A nice touch. Not sure how practical it would be for hundreds of cars though.

The ability to view any car in a "studio" type setting, spin it around and zoom in, would be very cool.
 
Well, were talking about a game where you can't even rotate the camera around your car during gameplay. So I wouldn't hold your breath for anything like a garage/showroom.
 
I hope so.... And why were you playing prologue at 4AM?? Its a bit late actually
 
I hope so.... And why were you playing prologue at 4AM?? Its a bit late actually

Yes, I woke up at the middle of the night and took some laps at suzuka short with the elise 111R, after watching the replay I wondered if I could view the car from every angle, including the interiors....

In terms of complexity, it wouldn't be difficult, since they made the waiting screen on the GT5P menus with all those scenery and camera angles....it's something like that what I mean, but you control the camera and whether if it is inside or outside of the car.....I would enjoy a bit more each car with a feature like this....
 
Hello,

I don't know if this feature it's already confirmed (or even speculated) but, it can make up subject for a interesting post, so here we go.....

I was playing prologue yesterday ( erhmm..today..since was past 4AM...), and there's a little thing that could make GT games much more attractive to the car collector....the garage.

In TDU, you could turn a camera and appreciate every detail of the car while in garage, also, you can see the interior, appreciate the seats and the central console.......

In prologue, the car just keep movng slowly and there's nothing you can do to watch it without taking a run, I really would like if there's a user controlled camera in the garage so you can inspect every car as you want as it were in TDU, as well inspect the interiors...

So, what do you think? It wouldn't be awesome?

I agree, I remember I posted same thing a year ago! PD has the most detail cars in a video game yet they don't have free look cameras to appreciate them.. Comon PD give us FREE CAM in GARAGE!
 
I just want to be able to custom sort my cars in my garage.. that's my biggest thing I'm hoping for. Like have a drop down with 'JGTC GT500', 'Drifters', 'Time Attackers', 'Le Mans Cars', 'Rally' etc etc.. whatever I want. And be able to tag a single car with multiple sorts.

But having a rendered, interactive garage would be cool. Wash your own cars and change your own oil haha.
 
I like having no free range. Sure the cars look great but if I want to see them I'll go take pictures?
 
Def this feature should be easily implemented in the Garage view witht he car rotating, like in GTR2, but to take it a step further id be nice to pop open the hood and doors to see the insides.
 
Yeah I brought this up in the PS forums a long time ago, only I was thinking the garage could also be a part of your home in, 💡, Home. This way, your GT5 friends could check out your cars, take them for a spin, etc. And now that they're putting so much detail into the cars for damage and what-not, it may not be too far out to consider the possibility of lifting the hood and checking out the engine. I think this is more GT6 material, realistically, but it'd be incredible.
 
Yeah I brought this up in the PS forums a long time ago, only I was thinking the garage could also be a part of your home in, 💡, Home. This way, your GT5 friends could check out your cars, take them for a spin, etc.

With damage and wear-n-tear on parts that would just be crazy. I do not know about your friends but I would never trust my friends with access to use the cars in my garage. Look at them sure but never drive them. :eek:
 
Before I even played Prologue I always wanted a garage that housed all the cars, literally. Like a glass like building in a fictional place where your cars sat, parked side by side and you simply flipped through them as the camera floats around the garage. Like a virtual Jay Leno garage.
 
I'd love for that to be in GT. That showroom turntable has annoyed me for the past 10 years now. I'll be looking at the front of the car and I'll be thinking "wow" and then all of a sudden the car keeps turning and I'll be saying "Stop! Stop! Let me see that again?"
 
lol it is in gt... it's called photomode..... just try gt4...
 
Free cam would be good. I remember picking my car colour and wanting to see the rear of the car (as using chase cam, its what i owuld be seeing when racing).
 
lol it is in gt... it's called photomode..... just try gt4...

He means to get a free 360 degree view of the car WITHOUT having to take a run of any kind. As in freely view it in the car selection screen.
 
Not going to happen because that's how PD extend the gameplay of GT5 Prologue. I don't about you guys, but the main reason I have all the cars in GT5 Prologue is because I want to see the interior of the cars. I there was a user controlled cam in the showrooms, then I would be able to identify which interiors I like and which I don't. Therefore it shortens the amount of time spent playing, as I'm not collecting every car.
 
With 1000+ cars thats a little silly (deny us a good view so we buy more cars), I have all cars in GT5P because I like to drive and experience them. In GT5P they did actually remove the rear left & Right views (which were in the GT5P demo) and removed the pause function in replays (which was in GTHD demo) as well as having no photomode I think so it saves the full experience for GT5.
 
He means to get a free 360 degree view of the car WITHOUT having to take a run of any kind. As in freely view it in the car selection screen.

Yeah Irons! You've got the spirit. I've already used photomode a lot in GT4, but appreciating your cars like you do in TDU is the point, so you can open doors, hood covers, and maybe turn on and off the convertible roof. You guys saw in the SLS promotional video from mercedes, that they model every detail of the car body with a incredible precision, they just have to put in the movements of the parts. It would be incredible to lift the gullwing doors of the SLS, even Jeremy Clarkson would spend hours watching that........
 
Back