• Thread starter Denilson
  • 7 comments

Denilson

::::: PURE :::::
Premium
Sweden
Stockholm
chorda / GTP_chorda
Not sure at all if this is discussed in any other thread.
But if so, the title of that thread is'nt related to the topic I want to discuss.
So I'll give it a shot. ;)

Do you guys think we'll be able to transfer our GT5 garage to GT6?
I was mainly thinking about this cause this was the case from GTPSP to GT5.

It would be awesome if we could just load our GT5 garage to GT6. Most of us have been collecting cars for almost 3 years now, and it would be cool if the time spent is worth something once GT6 arrives.

And on that subject, what do you think about the possibilities to transfer PS3 data to PS4?
Keeping in mind what we've heard so far, PS4 looks to be something really special.
And information and data collected on the PS3 for years should be possible to just pick up on the PS4..

Am I way off, or do you think this scenario is possible?
And if so: HOW possible?

Last edited:
I have to be honest, I am not very optimistic about GT6. I think it will just be a slightly touched up version of GT5.

As for the PS4, can't say yet as I know nothing about it. I have seen nothing that would make me want to buy one right now.

I have to be honest, I am not very optimistic about GT6. I think it will just be a slightly touched up version of GT5.

As for the PS4, can't say yet as I know nothing about it. I have seen nothing that would make me want to buy one right now.
They have been working on it for over 2 years already with another 6 months or so left to work on it. I think we will see more than just slightly touched up.

Maybe a good thing to keep low expectations as then you will be surprised rather than disappointed when it is released.

Given that dev on GT6 began as soon as GT5 was released, and the fact that Kaz already said that GT fans should plan on "enjoying GT6 on the PS3" make me believe the PS4 version will be nothing but a port.

I won't be getting the PS4 version if it is true GT6 was developed for the PS3.

If there will be a GT6 PS4 version and if they want to give us this option, then it most likely wouldn't be a big problem. We have USB sticks for a reason.

Even if the PS4 doesn't let us copy PS3 saves on the HDD, the game could use a direct acces via in-game interface to make it possible. Technically definitely possible.

The PS4 won't be backwards compatible, so I'm not sure what you would even do with the data on the PS4.

I was thinking that there must be some data we got in the PS3 that the PS4 could use.
I'm not sure exactly what exact kind of data that would be, but I don't think it's not useable just because PS3 data of all kinds are "old".

This is defenetly not my area of expertice.. Hence the questions. ;)

If there will be a GT6 PS4 version and if they want to give us this option, then it most likely wouldn't be a big problem. We have USB sticks for a reason.

Even if the PS4 doesn't let us copy PS3 saves on the HDD, the game could use a direct acces via in-game interface to make it possible. Technically definitely possible.

I was kind of thinking the same..

The information we got about the PS4 defenetly suggests that transfering saved data from other divices could be possible. And probably will be true to some extent.

I would'nt be surprised if GT6 comes as a PS4 title as well.
And if so, transfering cars is a must.
GT5 -> GT6: Perhaps
GT6 PS3 -> GT6 PS4: More likely

Last edited:
I really do not expect to see GT6 for the PS4 nor do I expect to see data transfer only than maybe an optional small bonus for GT6 players who have GT5 save on their PS3.
I expect GT7 on the PS4 and would not be surprised if we see it much sooner than many expect.

Latest Posts

Back