GT5 helps with real track days!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter tifoso_nz
  • 6 comments
  • 667 views
Messages
70
Hi everyone! I did a trackday yesterday and found that GT5 - especially the longer races - helps heaps with consistency! Getting in the habit of 'joining the dots' (braking point, turn in point, apex, acceleration point) becomes really natural with practice in the game and after a few 'real' laps at a track you find you are doing the same thing. Choosing a similar car is a good idea too! Anyone else find the game helps them at a real track?
 
I've known people to use it for getting use to the basic layout of the Ring.
 
Felix79
I've known people to use it for getting use to the basic layout of the Ring.

I did this with GT4 as I didn't want to turn guessing where the track went at $XX Euro per lap!!
 
I guess this proves it really can deserve to be called the real driving simulator :)
 
tifoso_nz
I did this with GT4 as I didn't want to turn guessing where the track went at $XX Euro per lap!!

I think its about 8 to 12 euros a lap. God help you if you crash and cause the track to be red flagged, I've been told you can hit 5 figures pretty darn easily!
 
Felix79
I think its about 8 to 12 euros a lap. God help you if you crash and cause the track to be red flagged, I've been told you can hit 5 figures pretty darn easily!

Yeah I think it was about 20 or 25 Euro but that was a few years ago. We did it in a rental we drove up from Milan!
 
Mac K
I guess this proves it really can deserve to be called the real driving simulator :)

Well, take lucas ordonez for example.
 
Back