GT5 in Australian F1 Coverage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leweegibo
  • 25 comments
  • 3,013 views
Messages
83
Messages
Leweegibo
Have been watching the all day coverage of the Melbourne grand prix and noticed a PS3 set up with a GT running on it.

They were doing some lame interviews with poser celebrities and showed them playing a racing game. Looked like nurburgring and had the tell-tale GT HUD.

Did anyone else notice this?

Would be typical that some idiot celebrities get to play a build of GT5 we don't and have no idea what a privelage it is!!
 
It wasn't really anything interesting or new, just the same old SLS AMG @ Nürburgring demo as part of Mercedes-Benz's promotion for the car. It would be nice to be there though, to give it a whirl in-between the on track action.
 
It's the SLS AMG on Nurburgring demo.


*edit Tree'd
 
Yeah I thought so, still, didn't expect it to pop up!!
 
i thought the GP was tomorrow... ughhh.
 
i thought the GP was tomorrow... ughhh.
:dunce:

A Grand Prix event runs over 3 days. The first two practice sessions on Friday (traditionally ran on Thursday for Monaco), Practice 3 and Qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday.
 
:dunce: A Grand Prix event runs over 3 days. The first two practice sessions on Friday (traditionally ran on Thursday for Monaco), Practice 3 and Qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday.

Oh wow... Total fail on my end. I never actually think of the whole GP weekend.

It's mainly due to the fact that i'm never home to watch qualifying. Or practice. I'm just able to wake myself up to watch the race.
 
Nooooo! My dad asked if I wanted to go and I said no! Absolutely shattered!
 
Oh wow... Total fail on my end. I never actually think of the whole GP weekend.

It's mainly due to the fact that i'm never home to watch qualifying. Or practice. I'm just able to wake myself up to watch the race.

Quali is on now.
 
My apartment is literally right next to the track. Its damn damn loud. But the Hornet put the F1's to shame. I can hear the wind noise created by Webber's huge macho chin from here.
 
^^^ Lucky! Go over there and play the demo! I'm watching practice on SpeedTV.

You'd think there should be some kind of GT5 promotion at every race event between now and release... Didn't see anything obvious about last weekend's 12hrs @ Sebring.
 
Vettle and Webber 1-2.
Good job Red Bull.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is not an F1 discussion thread, please move along and head to the correct thread in the Motorsports forum.
 
Seems Mercedes Benz is a major sponsor of this GP, so advertising GT5 with the SLS is a likely senario.
 

Thanks for that. Boy am I glad we don't have a dedicated F1 forum that I know to avoid when watching time-delayed events, so that I don't have the results spoiled for me.

Oh, wait.
 
Last edited:

thank you very much! i was watching the race now and now you have spoiled it for me! at least have a spoiler alert
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Replay maybe.
 
No, it's qualifying. All of which misses the point that the second rule of the F1 forum is you do not talk about current F1 results outside the F1 forum.

And this isn't the F1 forum. It's the GT5 forum.
 
Wait, so there was a GT5 demo at the F1?? I was there, why didn't I see it!!? arghhhhh god dammit I would of taken heaps of video of it too, even try drifting to test the physics. If only I knew.

On a side note, I saw a real life SLS on the track, it sounds beastly but unfortunately it looks just as ugly in real life as it does on pictures.
 
No, it's qualifying. All of which misses the point that the second rule of the F1 forum is you do not talk about current F1 results outside the F1 forum.

And this isn't the F1 forum. It's the GT5 forum.

Well, it's a F1 forum rule that applies to other forums. It's kinda hard to know that if you've never been there.
 
Last edited:
SLS Pace-car for the win, i still think they are ugly from the rear though
 
Wait, so there was a GT5 demo at the F1?? I was there, why didn't I see it!!? arghhhhh god dammit I would of taken heaps of video of it too, even try drifting to test the physics. If only I knew.

It was in a special access area from what I could see, for the aforementioned poser celebrities...
 
Back