GT5 is failing on me,help please

  • Thread starter Thread starter phil bell
  • 5 comments
  • 804 views
Messages
3,928
Messages
PepsiMaxCrew
Ok heres how it goes,every other game on my PS3 works except GT5,gets to the main menu and...Jams.

Before loading times were already atrocious both on and offline and it really dosen't like the Lexus dealership.

Plus I was just about to install an internet cable before this stupid problem.

The disc is clean and in immaculate condition and the PS3 is a slim model with decent memory space available.

I really don't know what else to do and any useful feedback would be appreciated.
 
You could delete the game data and reinstall it. It may be corrupted or something. And if that doesn't work, there could be a problem with the disc, a problem caused when it was made. If you got the game recently you could try and return it and get a new disc. If you can get to the options, try clearing the cache. That is all I can think of.

If you can get your ps3 online, make sure your PS3 is up to date and try updating GT5 if it let's you.
 
Ok heres how it goes,every other game on my PS3 works except GT5,gets to the main menu and...Jams.

Before loading times were already atrocious both on and offline and it really dosen't like the Lexus dealership.

Plus I was just about to install an internet cable before this stupid problem.

The disc is clean and in immaculate condition and the PS3 is a slim model with decent memory space available.

I really don't know what else to do and any useful feedback would be appreciated.

Before doing anything else, disconnect all network connectivity (ethernet cable, disable wireless lan). If it then still hangs, I would bet on either corrupt install on hd, or a defective disc.

If it works without network, you 'just' have to figure out what connection problems you might have....
 
You could delete the game data and reinstall it. It may be corrupted or something. And if that doesn't work, there could be a problem with the disc, a problem caused when it was made. If you got the game recently you could try and return it and get a new disc. If you can get to the options, try clearing the cache. That is all I can think of.

If you can get your ps3 online, make sure your PS3 is up to date and try updating GT5 if it let's you.

Try this first and see if it helps...
 
hmmm strange i would have also have also said clear the system cache as others have said.
 
Cleared and the game data was also re-installed before this.
However I think that I may have found the issue,under really close inspection under a torch there are ALOT of scratches,albeit very minute ones.
Going to test the disc on my friends PS3 see how it goes...
I will also disconnect everything and give it a once over as instructed.Thanks for the advice,nice to see good advice and not flaming.:)
 
Back