GT5 just duped me two cars! :P

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hig-GT
  • 9 comments
  • 1,452 views
Messages
1,096
Messages
Higz7
Right so my old PS3 YLOD yesterday, so I tried fixing it and it gave out again today after two hours of racing, so I went out today and bought a slim PS3, I have not lost anything, thankfully account information and contacts are saved with your PSN account and my game saves where backed up. So I installed GT5 and got all the updates and then I turned the game on.

I got to the home screen and the game realised my game save and began to award me everything that I had won previously in the game, specifically the AMG Academy, so I have been awarded another CLK GTR & another 180E (I think it is, the two cars from AMG Academy anyway lol!) Strangely though, I didn't get anything like the SLS AMG etc.? Why just those two cars? :S

Anyone else had this? Thanks GT5 for giving me one very tradable cars! :P
 
Last edited:
That's nice of it!

I'd be very interested in your spare CLK-GTR, as I'm unlikely to ever be getting a full set of golds there. As it happens, the XJ220 road car (in Alpine Metallic :( ) is in my UCD at the moment, if you're still looking to trade for one of those.
 
The discussion of GT5 self-duping can take place here.

However the discussion of trading the Merc should be in The Marketplace.
 
TB I just mentioned it as a side note ... But if it's that much of a problem I'll PM Khaddar about it from now and I'll edit my post to remove the offer of a CLK-GTR ...
 
TB I just mentioned it as a side note ... But if it's that much of a problem I'll PM Khaddar about it from now and I'll edit my post to remove the offer of a CLK-GTR ...
We just like to keep threads to one topic, especially when they jump sections.

New thread or PM. Both work for me. :D
 
These 2 cars were awarded retroactively with the 1.05 update for the AMG challenge. Apparently the logic just said that when you update to 1.05 and you already completed this challenge, you get the cars.

By reinstalling GT5 on your new PS3 and restoring your game data, and then upgrading to 1.05, you probably triggered it again.

(I'm just waiting for people to exploit this duping-possibility by over and over reinstalling GT5... :sly:)
 
Well I'll just add I wasn't trying to do this exploit ... I read that you couldn't swap over the HDD's as it isn't compatable with the new Slim so I had no choice but to re-install GT5 on the new one (Not that I'm saying you are accusing me lol I'm just saying)

I wouldn't bother with this exploit though because it would be such a pain to do lol! Duping would be much much easier
 
Last edited:
So if i just remove my update data on gt5 i get these awards again ? nice
 
you will have to re-update again though ... Not really worth doing.
 
Back