GT5 keeps freezing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CFC4LIFE
  • 16 comments
  • 3,864 views
Messages
9
Messages
CFC4LIFE
My GT5 freezes whenever i try and play. Sometimes this happens when i try to select the GT Mode but even if I get past this stage, it will still freeze. I need help guys :(
 
maybe bad internet connection? try to login without internetcable plugged in.
 
I can't trouble-shoot what's wrong with your PS3 but highly suggest you get a memory stick and save your game saves until you figure out what's wrong. Is a fatty or slim PS3?
 
Just had this happen to me after a trip to california. I really thought my PS3 drive must be failing because it would always freeze loading GT5.

Turned out the CD carrycase I used to keep the disc in had dirtied up the back of my disc just enough for it to have loading issues. Cleaned the disc and it plays perfectly now.

May not be the same thing you are seeing but it's worth cleaning the disc just incase. Also try other discs and see if they load OK.

Also as turboprop said this is a REALLY good time to make sure your saved game is backed up just incase it is a PS3 issue.
 
Okay thanks for the advice about backing it up. I have an 80gb fat ps3
 
Okay thanks for the advice about backing it up. I have an 80gb fat ps3

Yeah buddy, I know they aren't cheap but consider investing in a newer slim. They seem to handle GT5 better and cool better. I have an older 80gb fatty and 120gb fatty that I rarely play on (use for Blu Ray and jukebox activities) and do all of my heavy duty playing and b-spec stuff on a 250gb slim. I've left my slim on for 72 hours over the weekend for b-spec endurance races without a hitch. I've read where people have left their PS3 on for weeks at a time without a problem but eventually all machines break.:nervous:

Good luck with your situation.
 
My GT5 freezes whenever i try and play. Sometimes this happens when i try to select the GT Mode but even if I get past this stage, it will still freeze. I need help guys :(

Your lens is dirty I had same problem I evened used a old xbox ps2 disc cleaner 1 spin runs like new again....
 
whenever i move the cursor, I can still hear the noise it makes
 
You running custom BGM? i used to and that made my game freeze all the time, try playing with no custom bgm disabled first before you pay to get it fixed
 
You running custom BGM? i used to and that made my game freeze all the time, try playing with no custom bgm disabled first before you pay to get it fixed

I was and now that I've turned it off, all is going good atm. It's pretty annoying that I can't listen to my own music but at least I can play GT5 lol. Thanks for the help and I'll keep you updated.
 
TurboProp
Ok but there are no 15 year old PS3s and you can't play GT5 on your PS1 :)

Think he was just referring to the 'all machines break down eventually...'
 
this happends to me when im using a wifi connection that has a week signal and im logged into psn. if i logout, no more freezing.
 
I was having several annoying lock-up/freezing issues as others in this thread are describing.
FIRST thing I did, delete all in game personal music
THEN, deleted all replay data
THEN, I deleted all photos
FOR ALL ACCOUNTS ON MY FREEZING PS3

THEN, entered "recovery mode"
Then clicked option #3
Then I clicked option #4
Been running for the past 10 hours without a single lock-up

INFO @ http://community.us.playstation.com/message/31040121#31040121
TUTORIAL @ youtube
 
Back