gt5 loading question

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikeeesf
  • 10 comments
  • 1,632 views
Messages
1,740
Messages
mikeesf, mike_esf2
Last night it took a long time for gt5 to load it actually paused for a long time at the black gt5 screen for a couple minutes and when I managed to get to gt mode it seemed sluggish, earlier the game got sluggish and froze after dream car championship. Is this the server or the fact that my ps3 was on for 10 hours? Its also getting a bit sluggish now today as well. Any opinions are appreciated
 
It's not a server issue and I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with your PS3. As far as having it on for 10 hours? That's actually not a very long time to run a PS3. It's got to be something else.
 
I agree with Villain, having your ps3 on for 10 hours is nothing and most likely not the source of your problem. If the Ps3 is correctly ventilated and cleaned for dust it can run for months(perhaps even longer) without any durability problems.
 
thank you for the reply, Ive already had 1 rlod on 40 gb fat, so ill keep watching this one, may try a different game if gt acts up again
 
Try vacuuming your PS3. I vacuum every two weeks and never have long loading times.
 
One more question involvling this issue, I have a second ps3 2 months old and last night I loaded gt5 up and loading was not super fast but again ended up waking up to a black screen and only 1 remote race ran. Im thinking it is the disk as what are the odds of having 2 ps3 less than a year old screwing up at the same places
 
It has started taking a while, but I put it down to the data transfer with PSN as that's started seeing a lot more traffic since remote racing started.

Oh and I changed my HDD a couple of months ago after the last one died so I've ruled out that as an issue.
 
not sure if this may be full true or accurate, maybe someone else can verify, but i read some where that, regarding loading times if your online that GT5 will take a bit longer to load between screens and you can help reduced this by just not being signed in online to PSN.....?
 
You're not alone Mikeeesf, I've had this since 03:00 GMT today. I usually squeeze in a remote race before going to work, and collect my ill-gotten gains. A pop-up appeared though, stating something about not being able to connect to the server, so I thought it was another server patch being run - the time was about right. It hung on the first GT screen (where you've got Arcade mode and Couse Maker) offering no pointer or functionality.

I rebooted the game, got to GT Life and was awarded the usual paint chips and Museum cards - so guessed that the server side of things had been sorted.

Trouble was, it started hanging between screens, showing me all my Bobs and the money thewy'd accumulated, but I couldn't get any of them to load. Abandoning this, I went to work and hoped all would be okay by my return.

Now that I've been back a few hours, I've tried to get the game to load. Sometimes it does so, but gets no further than GT life, the rest it hangs before or on the first screen mentioned above...and all the credits previously showing under each BOb, they've now gone.

I checked about but as no one else seems to have any of this, I guessed it must be at my end of things, something to do with the game save. It's fine with any other game I've tried - business as usual.

EDIT: Now the credits are back but it's taking a long time to move between screens, then it's normal again briefly. That doesn't sound like a savegame problem to me.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I sort of had the same problem but online I was exiting a online game last night and the game just would not load but to day i had no problem :)
 
Right, rebooted the hub and all is fine now - DNS problem looks like as I had the same slowness with Googlemail.

Done like a done thing!
 
Back