GT5 loading times getting longer recently...

• Thread starter brensta76
  • 12 comments
Australia
Vic, Australia
brensta01
Hey all, just wanted to get on here to say that I had noticed over the last month or so me and a lot of others have experienced significantly longer loading times on gt5. I have googled this and found that it may have to do with the online functionality of the game also I came across a post that said to try going into your options and clear the game cache. I went on to log out of psn and then went to the options/network/clear cache,. Nothing seamed any better but after turning the ps of last night and loading gt5 up this morning the loading time even while logged in to psn has gone back to normal and everything is loading up great again. Not saying that if you are experiancing this problem that this will fix it but if you haven't already done so id suggest you try it. It helped mine... Thanks GTP!

For me the last couple of weeks the loading times became frustratingly long. I already tried clearing the cache, reinstalling the game data and changing the dns server. Someone has any other suggestions?

Last edited:
I just assume that the more cars and items you get the more bloated the program becomes and the longer it will take to load. All boils down to bad programming. Windows is the same way when it's system folder gets too bloated from installs. My GT takes about 6min from the time I start the game until I can click on the menus. It also takes about 30sec to 1 minute to call up any items. My music also cuts out and skips from time to time as well but the game still seems to function fine. It's definitely a game for people with a lot of time and a great deal of patience. Honestly, I don't pay that much attention to it anymore.

Before I cleared cache mine was taking around 1 to 2 mins to load up from start till main menu, now since then it down to around 30-40 sec'ds im happy for now if it does come back I'll just try the same thing and if it doesn't fix it I'll throw it out the window....NOT....LOL

Mine takes forever lately. I have a 500GB 7200 RPM hard drive in the PS3 too, it should be and used to be a lot quicker.

The only solution in this problem is an SSD with at least 270-280 speed for writing and reading.
You will not believe how you lived with GT5 without SSD...

CostasDrifter
The only solution in this problem is an SSD with at least 270-280 speed for writing and reading.
You will not believe how you lived with GT5 without SSD...

Please explain this SSD, I also have slow loading times. What is SSD and how does it work. Thanks.

If you want quicker load times an SSD is the way to go. Have an OCZ 240Gb Vertex3 SSD in 1 of my ps3's an the difference is astonishing.

Back