GT5 lovers

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 20 comments
  • 1,816 views

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
Messages
3,024
England
Top Valley, NG5
For all you guys that knock the hell out of GT5, well heres a bit of info. I bought shift 2 3 days ago to see what its like having read on here that its good, well its just gone in the dustbin its crap. If you like any form of clean racing then dont buy it because all the time the AI just ram you of the road road its not a racing game its demolition derby.
I can fully understand why there is a lot of contact online in many games now if shift is anything to go by.
Me i like reasonably clean racing so will stay now with GT5.


GT5 is THE world leader and nothing gets near it for reality IMO.

So come on fella's lets give GT5 a big up for a change instead of knocking the hell out of it.
 
Last edited:
Shift 1 was the same. I only got it because gt5 wasn't out yet! And now I haven't touched it since November
 
I seriously have to disagree with you. The AI in Shift 2 never tried to run me off the road, as long as I drove clean and not treat them like pushovers like you can in GT5.

I think GT5 is fun and I have been playing it more than usual lately, but if I want serious racing, I go to Shift 2. They're both good games.
 
Sorry to say i disagree serious/competetive doesnt entail being rammed from the rear, if you dont get to the first corner and round it in 1st place then you will be rammed from the rear, The only way to avoid this is be in and out the first corner and get at least 100mtr lead to aviod this, then its not racing.
I class myself as a clean driver but if your not out front there's not option Off you go into the wall or gravell.
What we really need is the ability for the AI to know your whereabouts like in GT5 but still being as competive in shift, still thats to much to ask i believe.
Ramming you off the racing line is no escuse at all. It stays in the dustbin.
 
Sorry to say i disagree serious/competetive doesnt entail being rammed from the rear, if you dont get to the first corner and round it in 1st place then you will be rammed from the rear, The only way to avoid this is be in and out the first corner and get at least 100mtr lead to aviod this, then its not racing.
I class myself as a clean driver but if your not out front there's not option Off you go into the wall or gravell.
What we really need is the ability for the AI to know your whereabouts like in GT5 but still being as competive in shift, still thats to much to ask i believe.
Ramming you off the racing line is no escuse at all. It stays in the dustbin.

Auh come-on, where's your sense of adventure. :sly:

I got taken on the first Shift game.

Not this time.

I was a GT lover up until GT5.

While I do like it, its too below the prior GT standard to say I love it.

I would say FM3 is close to being as good as GT5 and better in two areas.
But thats mostly because PD backed up so much on GT5.
 
Why compare Shift 2 to GT5? They're never gonna be the same. IMO, Shift 2 is a pure racing game and GT5 is a simulation/game. No comparison. GT5 is awesome at what it does and Shift 2 is awesome at what is does. It's like comparing F1 to DTM/BTCC. I own both and think they are both good. I play Shift for the pure adrenaline racing and GT5 for pure driving. They are chalk & cheese.
I say give Shift 2 a chance and stop comparing it to GT5. You're gonna hate Shift 2 while ever you're comparing them.
If you want none contact racing then play GT5 online with your friends. If you want Demolition Derby type racing then play Shift 2 online.
And by the way, I think the AI in shift 2 is miles more realistic than GT5 will ever be.:)
 
If the TC can post an opinion, so can I. I still think Forza 3 takes a dump all over this game.
 
GT5 is the best on consoles, but you ain't tried nothin till you tried iRacing.
 
Sorry but GT5 as a game is 100% garbage, I'd have gladly taken prologue with an upgraded physics model, more tracks, more cars, and dedicated servers over the mario kart and pokemon snap extras in GT5. Where's the online car clubs, teams etc.. that were in the roadmap for GT5's release? I mean its been 7 months since the release of the game and there's still no leaderboards, no official online races, a slew of garbage tracks, its like the game regressed from prologue.

/end rant
 
It's good enough to get addicted to, if you enjoy realistic racing, and bad enough to puch PD and in the mouth for poor presentation/fun factor, and kick PS3 in the groin for a bad network.
 
VillageBC
Really, this is the only correct answer in comparison wars.

The OP talks about AI.
I have never played iracing, I thought however that there was no AI. Am I wrong?
 
The OP talks about AI.
I have never played iracing, I thought however that there was no AI. Am I wrong?

I think some of the aliens in iRacing might qualify AI. =)
 
For all you guys that knock the hell out of GT5, well heres a bit of info. I bought shift 2 3 days ago to see what its like having read on here that its good, well its just gone in the dustbin its crap. If you like any form of clean racing then dont buy it because all the time the AI just ram you of the road road its not a racing game its demolition derby.
I can fully understand why there is a lot of contact online in many games now if shift is anything to go by.
Me i like reasonably clean racing so will stay now with GT5.


GT5 is THE world leader and nothing gets near it for reality IMO.

So come on fella's lets give GT5 a big up for a change instead of knocking the hell out of it.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything but when a person singles out another game in the same genre for critisism in order to convince others that his or her favourite game is better it's a rather childish thing to do, in a "my dad can beat up your dad" kind of way. If you really believe that GT5 is the be all and end all of racing games then good for you, others don't though and trying to convince people to change their minds by putting down a completely different game won't change anyone's mind.

My personal opinion of GT5 is that it was seriously unfinished on launch day, the numerous updates have made the game a little bit better but still far off from what it should have been and the faults in the game are too big to ignore. However, I think that GT5 was well worth the money I paid for it because I've put in a lot of hours playing it and it has given me a lot of enjoyment, but the fact remains is that it's far from anywhere near what I and a lot of others were expecting and just because it's currently the best driving game on PS3 doesn't mean it should be exempt from it's deserved critisism, simply because you can take certain elements of other racing games on PS3 which are far superior to GT5.
 
The only thing that appealed to me in Shift 2 was the Radical SR3 and the GT3 RS..
 
trying to convince people to change their minds by putting down a completely different game won't change anyone's mind.

Amen Brother!!!

I thought this was gonna be a post FULL of fanboyism from start to finish! So glad there are level heads out there!
 
Im like you, there are alot of people who are unsatisfied with GT5, i am more than satisfied, this is the best GT yet, not only the car list is bigger than ever, the AI is alot smarter, but the biggest point to this game, is that, i have now played this game, more than any other game ever, that includes all the previous GT games. I just do. The problem is the single player expierence, there is not enough of it, but i think the multiplayer, more than makes up for it.
 
I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything but when a person singles out another game in the same genre for critisism in order to convince others that his or her favourite game is better it's a rather childish thing to do, in a "my dad can beat up your dad" kind of way. If you really believe that GT5 is the be all and end all of racing games then good for you, others don't though and trying to convince people to change their minds by putting down a completely different game won't change anyone's mind.

My personal opinion of GT5 is that it was seriously unfinished on launch day, the numerous updates have made the game a little bit better but still far off from what it should have been and the faults in the game are too big to ignore. However, I think that GT5 was well worth the money I paid for it because I've put in a lot of hours playing it and it has given me a lot of enjoyment, but the fact remains is that it's far from anywhere near what I and a lot of others were expecting and just because it's currently the best driving game on PS3 doesn't mean it should be exempt from it's deserved critisism, simply because you can take certain elements of other racing games on PS3 which are far superior to GT5.

No offence taken, im only trying to tell folk of MY OPINION not force it down there throats LOL. Anyway GT5 was my first racing game as im new to this gaming thing. In the short time ive been playint it and coming on here ive read loads about folk wanting clean racing, thats all for the good till a game namely shift 2 [being my third game] comes along and IMO endorses ramming so does this not possibly convince some people that its an accepted way to race ?. Had I known the game was like this I would'nt have bought it but then thats my lesson learnt. I think i will stick with GT5 and all its newr versions as and when they appear.

PS just ordored GT5P from amazon for under 3 pound second hand.
 
No offence taken, im only trying to tell folk of MY OPINION not force it down there throats LOL. Anyway GT5 was my first racing game as im new to this gaming thing. In the short time ive been playint it and coming on here ive read loads about folk wanting clean racing, thats all for the good till a game namely shift 2 [being my third game] comes along and IMO endorses ramming so does this not possibly convince some people that its an accepted way to race ?. Had I known the game was like this I would'nt have bought it but then thats my lesson learnt. I think i will stick with GT5 and all its newr versions as and when they appear.

PS just ordored GT5P from amazon for under 3 pound second hand.

I don't have Shift 2 for the simple fact that I have NFS Shift and althouth it's fun at times it's not quite my thing, but yes, Shift does openly endorse ramming, spinning opponents out, trading paint etc, in fact in the career mode you gain points for doing it because that's the way that it was intended to be, it doesn't make it a bad game nor should it encourage people to drive like that on GT5 as people should be able to tell the difference between a sim style racing game and an arcade style one. As GT5 was your first racing game it's easy to see why it's impressed you so much but to people who have been playing the series for years GT5 is less than impressive and that's where most of the critisism comes from.
 
I try to be glass-half-full. Tell you what- the rally racing is MUCH improved. Never before have I felt like I really had to WORK for wins in a proper rally environment. Sure, it can be much better and much more diverse, but conversely, it could have been just be a re-hash of what GT2-GT4 offered for rally racing. My only disappointment with GT5 is that some championships could have been much longer or with more races. I am very impressed with GT5 for my tastes and what I look for after two weeks playing it. My complaints are mostly minor. While praise for Forza has me worried as a GT fan (including FM4 in the works), I'm still a GT fan first and foremost. GT5 could have been better, but I'm very happy with what I eventually bought along with downloading the 1.10 update.
 
Back