GT5 Menu Music (Original Composition)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Live_Fr0m_NY
  • 19 comments
  • 3,085 views
Messages
768
Messages
Live_Fr0m_NY GTP_YoungTurbo45
Hey guys, i have always enjoyed the menu music in the Gran Turismo series, i even own some of the soundtracks. Anyways, one day i was on my computer with GT5p on in the background, and i had the idea to try to make my own Gran Turismo style song. So i did. I am not really finished, i still need to do the bass parts and maybe arrange the song differently.

This is a completely original composition made by me within Ableton Suite 8. I used a Novation SL37 Midi keyboard for all the synth's/piano parts, and a midi'd Rock Band 2 drum kit on the percussion parts.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who loves the menu music of gran turismo, and so i thought you guys might enjoy this. I did this solely just for FUN. Any feedback is appreciated, and i hope you guys like it! :sly:

​
 
the quality is tragic:guilty:
 
The drum part is all kinds of wacky to me. It doesn't flow.
 
Pretty good.

The snare is too loud though. The percussions in general should be really soft for this kind of music.
 
IT sounds like its coming from a game boy pocket.
 
Pretty good.

The snare is too loud though. The percussions in general should be really soft for this kind of music.

Yea, This is my first attemt at this type of music, and i made this kind of quick. I mixed it in cheap DJ headphones, so both the snare and kick are way too loud.

As for the quality, well youtube downsamples everything uploaded. All of the music i upload sounds much different than it does when i rendered it... Not much i can do about that.
 
The snare is too loud though. - > Agreed

But, i REALLY enjoyed the synth and the ambient... very calm music, keep improving, you´ve got the feel...
 
Not bad at all. I'm not familiar with the recording quality of music etc. But it sounds alright to me.

You should make a few more of these :P
 
You're not the only one who likes the Gran Turismo menu music. A good slap bass would feel right at home.
 
It sounds nice. Agree with the others about the drums. You can keep them in the song, but make them softer. Other than that it sounds pretty good. You could also do with more bass. GT music often have that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEGnJDo7B8

This music is so GT!
 
Last edited:
Yea i know, in the OP i say i still need to do the bass... i just lack any good bass sounds. i would really like a real bass guitar to play over it, LOL
 
It's okay, the drums seem to interrupt the background sounds, I don't know if that's because of youtube or if it's just done that way. Maybe as someone suggested earlier, make them softer and see how that affects it.
 
I enjoyed that very much mate.... keep up the good work!
 
I really liked it! The drum sounds a bit out of whack but I enjoyed listening to it!
 
I like it too, very nice. It just needs some production work. I'm only doing fifteen things at once any more, but I have a few pro synthesizers and have some experience with engineering and producing music. I might give it a shot and make an mp3 of my own version at some point.

I'm hoping that in GT5 we can include our own music in the playlist, and it's not an "all or nothing" thing where you have to dump everything if you want to hear original tracks.
 
I'm hoping that in GT5 we can include our own music in the playlist, and it's not an "all or nothing" thing where you have to dump everything if you want to hear original tracks.

+1 👍

I love the music in GT, both menu and race (Well, some of the race music at least). I want to add some of my own music to the soundtrack, but if its at the cost of the games soundtrack i won't bother, i like to hear new music.
 
Thanks for the feedback guys, this was really my first time doing anything like this, i normally make Hip hop, R&B, or Old school Electro beats.

As far as the drums are concerned, I really was trying to make them kind of Jazzy & Modern. I didnt really spend a whole lot of time mixing or even finishing up the song. I think i may go back and lay a bass part, and mix the drums properly.
 
Now that GT5 is finally out, i thought id bump this up so you guys can check it out!
 
Back