GT5 NASCAR idea, pls look @

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ihp7
  • 28 comments
  • 1,860 views
Messages
17
Alright so, I had this idea. Since gran turismo doesn't own the rights to NASCAR anymore(which sucks) I have an idea to add replay value to the game. So if gt takes the 2011 car, which they already have the model, put in a blank color where you can change your number, style of number, color the car, and color the rims. These things are already options on certain cars (karts, RM cars, etc). I think this would be cool and would give us opportunities to sort of form teams so to speak and just add more customizablity to the nascars. Idk, I think it would be cool and very easy to do, but I don't know anything about that stuff. Anyways, thanks for reading this and post below if you agree.:)
 
Toying around with these cars sounds like fun. I like it.
 
How do they not own the rights?

Do you have proof of their license expiring?
 
Yes, NASCAR the game:Inside Line. It has the 2012 and,in a few days, the 2013 model cars. If they did, why wouldn't they add the models in like they did when they had the rights in 2010/11.
 
Yes, NASCAR the game:Inside Line. It has the 2012 and,in a few days, the 2013 model cars. If they did, why wouldn't they add the models in like they did when they had the rights in 2010/11.

There's no exclusive NASCAR license, and there was a NASCAR The Game 2011,

Myth busted.
 
Yes there is! They just came out with Inside Lime in late 2012!! Do your research before you slam me

If it's such an exclusive license, explain this.



3 developers have the official license. One is Sony/PD, one is iRacing, the other is Eutechnyx. If anyone else wanted to step up and do a NASCAR game, they would get the license as well.
 
So, once again a side item eclipses an otherwise fun idea.
 
Either way this is a great idea, it would add alot of diversity to the GT5 NASCAR community. This should really be put in the game!
 
If Sony/PD still "own" the rights then why haven't they updated the models?? Regardless, I still think it's a good idea. Plus, what's the point anyways of trying to prove me wrong? I am just voicing my opinion on my idea, with the knowledge I know.

So, once again a side item eclipses an otherwise fun idea.

Thank you!! Jesus people these days

So, once again a side item eclipses an otherwise fun idea.

Thank you!! It's so dumb

Oops didnt mean to reply 2 times
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Still a great idea, needs to get back to the developers!
 
Oops didnt mean to reply 2 times

If Sony/PD still "own" the rights then why haven't they updated the models?? Regardless, I still think it's a good idea. Plus, what's the point anyways of trying to prove me wrong? I am just voicing my opinion on my idea, with the knowledge I know.

Thank you!! Jesus people these days

Thank you!! It's so dumb

I understand that you are new here but please do not quadruple post. The mods don't like it. Try to use the edit button instead. Welcome to GTPlanet. :gtpflag:
 
Not sure what you mean exactly, like just change my original post?
 
Ihp7
If Sony/PD still "own" the rights then why haven't they updated the models?? Regardless, I still think it's a good idea. Plus, what's the point anyways of trying to prove me wrong? I am just voicing my opinion on my idea, with the knowledge I know.

They haven't updated the models because they have a new game coming out that they can do it in...why waste their time making a DLC with new NASCAR models that costs $5.00 a piece, when they can wait and put the new models in GT6 and charge $60.00 for the whole game?
 
If they do it GT6, I will be glad. But why wouldn't teh put the 2012 models in the game last year? It doesn't make sense to me. But regardless, I think my idea would be very simple and easy to do because most of the components are already in the game

It should be an update if anything not a $5 DLC. I don't think I would even pay for that
 
You are asking why they haven't updated the Nascars? Simple. they couldn't be 🤬 Look at the X1 10 and 11. Why isn't there a X2012 and X2013? Because PD got lazy.

Great Idea. But lets hope GT6 Has V8 Supercars in it that handle better than For-Tryhard-za.

Bathurst FTW
 
Ihp7
Alright so, I had this idea. Since gran turismo doesn't own the rights to NASCAR anymore(which sucks) I have an idea to add replay value to the game. So if gt takes the 2011 car, which they already have the model, put in a blank color where you can change your number, style of number, color the car, and color the rims. These things are already options on certain cars (karts, RM cars, etc). I think this would be cool and would give us opportunities to sort of form teams so to speak and just add more customizablity to the nascars. Idk, I think it would be cool and very easy to do, but I don't know anything about that stuff. Anyways, thanks for reading this and post below if you agree.:)

Just give us a livery editor and we can make liveries of anybody we want. In Forza I have several drivers like Montoya, Stewart, DP (just because), Jr., and... I forget who else, but I also have Ricky Bobby (both the Wonder Bread and Me liveries), Cal Naughton Jr., Jean Girard, and Cole Trickle.

Ihp7
Yes, NASCAR the game:Inside Line. It has the 2012 and,in a few days, the 2013 model cars. If they did, why wouldn't they add the models in like they did when they had the rights in 2010/11.

For the same reason almost nothing else has been added, in the way of cars. (Credit for stuff like Spa, though.) Turn 10 added over a hundred cars to FM4 but PD never got anywhere close to that for GT5, that I'm aware of. PD do too little too slowly. It would take them ten years to release as many DLC cars as Turn 10 adds in a year.

In the case of NASCAR, this is even lazier on their part since they could have added all of the current cars (at the time of release) by simply making the liveries of the rest of the field since they already had the polygon models built and performance programmed. It would simply have been a matter of a new texture map. This didn't even need to be DLC, as it could'be been there on day one.
 
Just give us a livery editor and we can make liveries of anybody we want.

In the case of NASCAR, this is even lazier on their part since they could have added all of the current cars (at the time of release) by simply making the liveries of the rest of the field since they already had the polygon models built and performance programmed. It would simply have been a matter of a new texture map. This didn't even need to be DLC, as it could'be been there on day one.

A livery editor would be nice but I don't see PD putting it in, I feel like they would think it's too much like Forza. But, it would be cool indeed. And I always wondered why they didn't put all 43 or so cars in to start with. Probably because NASCAR in GT5 isn't as big of a deal to them as much as the touring cars and Rolex racing cars and such. Reading this and thinking about it, I doubt PD/Sony will do anything related to adding new cars like the first few packs (I know they added the C7 corvette, but this was just one special car). I think all they will do is fix bugs and such from here to GT6, and won't any more card. But hey, you never know what they have up their sleeve.

You are asking why they haven't updated the Nascars? Simple. they couldn't be 🤬 Look at the X1 10 and 11. Why isn't there a X2012 and X2013? Because PD got lazy.

Great Idea. But lets hope GT6 Has V8 Supercars in it that handle better than For-Tryhard-za.

Bathurst FTW

True, never thought about it like that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so, I had this idea. Since gran turismo doesn't own the rights to NASCAR anymore(which sucks) I have an idea to add replay value to the game. So if gt takes the 2011 car, which they already have the model, put in a blank color where you can change your number, style of number, color the car, and color the rims. These things are already options on certain cars (karts, RM cars, etc). I think this would be cool and would give us opportunities to sort of form teams so to speak and just add more customizablity to the nascars. Idk, I think it would be cool and very easy to do, but I don't know anything about that stuff. Anyways, thanks for reading this and post below if you agree.:)

Your error on PD owning the Nascar rights aside, my guess is this would never happen as long as Nascar is in the game. Nascar won't want blank cars looking like their own models on the track competing with their cars directly. I'd bet there's something in the licensing agreement in that regard.

However, there's nothing stopping PD from having an RM feature that applies to all the big American sedans like all the old Muscle Cars, and all the newer cars like the Chrysler 300, Pontiac GTO, Chevrolet Camaro etc. They could all be RM'd with identical specs and only the skins would be different to provide for spec racing with all these different cars at the same time. That would be relatively simple to do as you could just use the Nascar car build as the base model, and the other cars would require some slight cosmetic work (wings, splitters, no mirrors etc.) and different paint.
 
Yeah, would be cool too!

And seriously, what's the point of targeting something in the thread that is pretty much irrelevant from the main idea, that's dumb IMO. :)
 
Last edited:
The NASCAR car's are actually all with differing interiors so it would not be possible to do a simple cut and paste as many would believe.
 
The NASCAR car's are actually all with differing interiors so it would not be possible to do a simple cut and paste as many would believe.

But couldn't they take one they already use and copy paste it again? Like I said, I don't know much about that stuff. PD/Sony are smart, I'm sure they could figure it out.

The NASCAR car's are actually all with differing interiors so it would not be possible to do a simple cut and paste as many would believe.

Idk, I'm sure PD/Sony would be able to pull it off. But like I said, I don't know much about it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If they add this feature with the gen 6 cars, the game would be a lot more fun. I hope they out this into GT6, along with customizable F1 cars.
 
Hey Ihp7, pretty much all of your posts have been edited by a moderator because you keep double posting. Not sure why you decided to quote the same post from Furi into two separate posts. Please learn how to use the multi-quote feature, and if you have something to add to a previous post, use the edit button.

Thanks.
 
The NASCAR car's are actually all with differing interiors so it would not be possible to do a simple cut and paste as many would believe.

Take the simple road. Make it a standard with no detailed interior..problem solved. Or create on generic interior and apply it to all the cars, again problem solved.
 
If they add this feature with the gen 6 cars, the game would be a lot more fun. I hope they out this into GT6, along with customizable F1 cars.

That would be nice but I doubt it will happen.

Take the simple road. Make it a standard with no detailed interior..problem solved. Or create on generic interior and apply it to all the cars, again problem solved.

They could do this as well, but I really enjoy the detailed inside car view.
 
Last edited:
Back