GT5 needs a "save game option"...

  • Thread starter Thread starter KippCorona
  • 7 comments
  • 3,177 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
10
In the beginning I did not see the necessity for an option to save my game progress / championship progress. Races & championships weren't that hard (few exceptions, of course) or that long...

But even before you enter the endurance series there are a few cups which really need patience and concentration from your side. Just like the FGT for example. Six races in a row and in an amazingly fast car without having the option to save the game is something I'm deeply missing. It's pretty hard for me two races four races and then delivering a good result in the last two.

From my perspective it would have been an easy thing to implement an option so save the progress. Between two races for example or when you enter the pit lane... Why the hell didn't they do something like that.

Just imagine you had to play other games in one run. Unchartered 2, Heavy Rain, just to name these two...

The worst thing really is, that your PS3 needs to be switched on for a minimum of 24h for some races! And during the races the harddisk is reading and writing all the time! No doubt that this cannot be "healthy" for my PS3... I've seen some posts already that the HD of some players crashed and the game progress was gone - forever if you didn't make a backup. But to buy a new PS3? This makes playing GT5 really expensive.

I don't how it was in prior games 'cause the last GT I played was GT2 on a PS1. What are your thoughts? Don't you think that this is really the biggest issue with GT5? Of course there are some other glitches but I can live with most of them... But not to have an option to save my race progress is by far the worst thing I'm missing in the game right now!
 
I think GT3 or GT4 let you pause during a championship between races didn't it?

You weren't allowed to enter any kind of event, race, license test or anything like that, but you could purchase items, cars, tune them etc., and most importantly... turn the console off for however long you wanted.

I'm still making my way through the early levels of the game in GT5, so I haven't come to the big championships like that yet, but I have to fully agree. That feature is really missing in GT5.
 
Yeah I thought this when I started playing GT5 at Christmas. As far as I can remember GT4 had a save option inbetween championship races and to suddenly not implement this in GT5 is crazy in my opinion.

On another note, its actually better in some instances to be using a hard disk rather then it laying dormant for long periods of time. I have PC engineer routes and I know this is the case for USB drives for backups. Its much better for them to be attached to a PC and powered up than sat in a drawer for days.

Also if your HD goes boobs up on you, yeah you loose data if not backed up but its fairly easy to replace the HD in the PS3 with a bit of googling for the novice.

But your point about the save game is a very valid one
 
Gt4 let you leave the tournament and play around in arcade half way through it. It was great as if you got bored with the series you could go race something else, come back and not lose your progress
 
I agree that a save facility would be welcome. There is no way on Earth I would bother with a 24 hour endurance race without one.

Technically, though, save games can be problematic to implement in a game like GT. Think of a scenario like this:

You are half-way through a 24 hour endurance race so save your game.
You then do a couple of A-Spec races, buy a couple of cars, perhaps play a Seasonal Event.
You then resume your 24 hour endurance race - but what happens to all the money, XP and cars you have bought since then?

The problem is that GT saves state as you go along. Modify a car - the game saves. Play a race - the game saves. This makes it really difficult to have saved games you return to without unintended side-effects.
 
yeah for endurance raced gt4 was a dream. letting you in menu, letting you safe, and even letting you change to your bob. ive played it back then (in the good old days ;) ) like real lm: me 4h, friend 4h, bob 4h. 24h without breaking race ^^

thats been great ^^
 
Indeed it has. Locked. Terribly sorry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back