GT5 not working??

  • Thread starter Thread starter select20
  • 6 comments
  • 2,470 views
Messages
124
United States
SC
Messages
select_21@yahoo.com
Messages
Infantry11b4
Hey guys, due to a move and not being able to play for about 2 months, I recently got my PS3 hooked back up and was ready to tear up some GT5. Well, it downloaded a big patch, and then a smaller one. Now the game won't even start up. If goes to the GT5 screen before the intro movie and then the screen goes black and nothing happens. I let it sit for about 10mins hoping something would happen but nothing did. I restart my ps3 and the same thing happend.

My other games work, but since i patched GT5 its not working. Anyone else had this problem or know what I should do?

(wasn't sure where to post this but General seemed like the best place)
 
Is your PS3 connected to the Internet ?
Have you a PSN account ?
 
Yes, I've tried being connected and not connected to my account and to the internet. Not sure what is going on but I'm starting to get pissed. I'm not about to delete my game folder. I'm not doing all the stuff again just to get back to where I was. I hope there is a fix somehow.
 
Keep your game save data, just in case, but when GT5 is 'running - trying to run/load - you could try doing a reset by holding down the on/off button of the PS3 for approx 10 seconds. You'll hear a few beeps and the PS3 should restart. I had similar problems once and this helped me.
 
Deleted and downloading patches again. Hope this works. Of course it will be awhile until they download but I'll keep you posted.
 
If it still doesn't help, maybe then you should delete the game data, not the save data and reinstall the 8GB of the game again…
 
Back