GT5 online problem - can you help?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghibbett
  • 8 comments
  • 1,515 views
Messages
4
Messages
GrantyAML
Hello All,

My first time post here, however I've been browsing the forum for a good few months now.

Anyway, I have a strange problem with GT5 online and was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar? When I join a room I can see and hear everyone else, and can also talk to people all ok. This is fine and the race starts like usual. However at some point during the race, all of the other cars will stop and then eventually drop out of the race. If I then go back to the lounge area, on the right side of the screen where it shows the other user names in the room, there is a black and grey bar underneath their name which scrolls from right to left. I also cannot hear anyone else, nor talk to them. It's as if I am a ghost in the room! The was to rectify this is to leave the lounge and then re-join, and this works fine for a bit until the cycle repeats.

Obviously this is massively frustrating!! Anyone else experienced this? Help!!

Cheers,
 
The only thing I can think of is bad connection. That only happened to me once and I just went to another room.
 
You think that's frustrating. I was doing the SS7 glitch (Just wanted some quick money) and I was on lap 172 of 200 and then it said "You have been disconnected from the server" :(

I do believe it is a connection problem but not sure if it is yours or theirs.
 
Usually the names with the scrolling bar underneath are the ones with connectivity issues. Hence, their cars get dropped out of the race.
 
Hello All,

My first time post here, however I've been browsing the forum for a good few months now.

Anyway, I have a strange problem with GT5 online and was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar? When I join a room I can see and hear everyone else, and can also talk to people all ok. This is fine and the race starts like usual. However at some point during the race, all of the other cars will stop and then eventually drop out of the race. If I then go back to the lounge area, on the right side of the screen where it shows the other user names in the room, there is a black and grey bar underneath their name which scrolls from right to left. I also cannot hear anyone else, nor talk to them. It's as if I am a ghost in the room! The was to rectify this is to leave the lounge and then re-join, and this works fine for a bit until the cycle repeats.

Obviously this is massively frustrating!! Anyone else experienced this? Help!!

Cheers,

This happened to me only once, I did not understand what happened. I have a 20mb internet connection, so that should not be the problem, but I am on wireless, so it might have been a bad connection, you never know. I got kicked out of the room shortly after so I guess it was my connection that caused the problem, or some kind of incompatibility with the other players routers...
 
Hmmm, thanks all.

It won't be my wireless as my PS3 is hard-wired to the router.

Also regarding all the other people having the black and grey bars under their names, they were all still racing and talking to each other, and I was the one all alone (:nervous:). I know this because it was in a private room with friends.

I had another go last night, and the same thing happened however I think I may have found what's causing it. When someone new joins the room, shortly afterwards I get the whole 'being alone' thing and have to re-enter the room. If we all stay in the room, it's fine for me and I raced 3 or so races, however if someone else then joins, then the trouble starts.

Any ideas?
 
Hello All,

My first time post here, however I've been browsing the forum for a good few months now.

Anyway, I have a strange problem with GT5 online and was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar? When I join a room I can see and hear everyone else, and can also talk to people all ok. This is fine and the race starts like usual. However at some point during the race, all of the other cars will stop and then eventually drop out of the race. If I then go back to the lounge area, on the right side of the screen where it shows the other user names in the room, there is a black and grey bar underneath their name which scrolls from right to left. I also cannot hear anyone else, nor talk to them. It's as if I am a ghost in the room! The was to rectify this is to leave the lounge and then re-join, and this works fine for a bit until the cycle repeats.

Obviously this is massively frustrating!! Anyone else experienced this? Help!!

Cheers,



Yes, same experience here once in a while. Except when the room-owner is from Austria, then I get disconnected 9/10 times and usually within minutes.
Not kidding. Teh world needs more "standard" solutions available in a lot of areas :)
Have you cleaned (cleared?) internet-cache?

J.
 
Last edited:
Good call, will try clearing the cache and see if it helps.

Or maybe it's because I'm in Austria and our 'net is crappy :dunce: It wouldn't surprise me!!
 
Back