Gt5 online problem.

  • Thread starter Thread starter codybear56
  • 13 comments
  • 3,522 views
Messages
49
Messages
Codybear56
Whenever I start gran turismo I gets to the gran turismo 5 logo and it just sits there as if it is frozen. I can still hit the ps button. But everything in the game is frozen. Then like a few minutes later it will say, "connection to the server cannot be established." so then it will go to the main menu with no cursor or anything and the game is still unresponsive. Once again if you wait a few minutes it will say, "connection to the server could not be established." so pretty much as long as you are signed into psn the game will not work. But I want to play online. But I can't unless I sign into psn. But as soon as I sign in the game becomes unresponsive. Can somebody help me solve this dilemma?? Also the ps3 works fine online for any other game.
 
Whenever I start gran turismo I gets to the gran turismo 5 logo and it just sits there as if it is frozen. I can still hit the ps button. But everything in the game is frozen. Then like a few minutes later it will say, "connection to the server cannot be established." so then it will go to the main menu with no cursor or anything and the game is still unresponsive. Once again if you wait a few minutes it will say, "connection to the server could not be established." so pretty much as long as you are signed into psn the game will not work. But I want to play online. But I can't unless I sign into psn. But as soon as I sign in the game becomes unresponsive. Can somebody help me solve this dilemma?? Also the ps3 works fine online for any other game.

Are you on Wifi? If so, try a cabled connection.
 
Are you on Wifi? If so, try a cabled connection.

This does not seem logical, if he can connect with all other games. Using WiFi might slow down the connection speed, but that would seem to be the only downfall of using it. I suggested that he contact PSN or GT Online, but it seems they have not been particularly helpful. This has not always been a problem for him, as he's been into my lounge, and sent a friend request, which was accepted. Since then, he has been trying, unsuccessfully, to get in.
 
This does not seem logical, if he can connect with all other games. Using WiFi might slow down the connection speed, but that would seem to be the only downfall of using it. I suggested that he contact PSN or GT Online, but it seems they have not been particularly helpful. This has not always been a problem for him, as he's been into my lounge, and sent a friend request, which was accepted. Since then, he has been trying, unsuccessfully, to get in.

The issue has been covered before in a thread, and wifi was the culprit.
So, just to be sure, I threw it here.

Oh and Logic and PD don't work well together, always keep that in mind when playing GT5.
 
Last edited:
Hmm, as seemingly illogical, it might be worth a try. It just seems that it would affect all connection attempts, and thus, all games.
 
Last edited:
How are you hooked up?? are you guys both using an Ethernet cable??

also i dont have an ethernet cable. the only cables i have are hooking the router to the internet/computer. I can get one just next week though.
 
How are you hooked up?? are you guys both using an Ethernet cable??

also i dont have an ethernet cable. the only cables i have are hooking the router to the internet/computer. I can get one just next week though.

Try that cable, just to be sure, it's a 2 minute job to test it..


I'm on ethernet btw. Never had a problem. Ps3 in DMZ.
 
I will certainly try it. Thanks for the feedback.
 
Dennisch
Try that cable, just to be sure, it's a 2 minute job to test it..

I'm on ethernet btw. Never had a problem. Ps3 in DMZ.

Dude I did the cable and it worked. Idk if it was the cable or the update or whatever but it works. Thanks alot.
 
it has to do with slow internet connection cable has a stronger connection so thats why
 
I have the same problem but I cannot use an ethernet cable as my system is too far from my router. Am I supposed to just deal with this then. I dont see how this is an issue for this game and nothing else...
 
I have the same problem but I cannot use an ethernet cable as my system is too far from my router. Am I supposed to just deal with this then. I dont see how this is an issue for this game and nothing else...
2x 50' CAT-5 cables and a switch ft... uh... w? o.O ?
 
Have you checked your DNS settings on your PS3? Make sure it is not trying to use the IP the router gives the console as a DNS server. Example: router gives console IP of 192.167.172.2, first DNS IP in console lists same IP, 2nd DNS IP is 192.167.172.14. DNS IP's listed in router are 192.167.172.13 and 14. Change first DNS IP in console to 13. I had a similar issue and this resolved it. BTW, I ma using WiFi and have not had any problems since making this change.
 
Back