GT5 petition

  • Thread starter Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 27 comments
  • 2,901 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1,762
United Kingdom
NG9
Messages
Shin_Roh
Ok so first of all let me start by saying that the GT series has always delivered on the things that matter most, car content and driving physics. For me personally there is no comparison. No matter how the game plays out of the box i am positive I will be happy. However, as a gamer I am somewhat of a spoilt creature and there are a few minor, but i feel important additions i think poliphony should include...

1. (and most important) ability to play a custom sound track.
2. the option to remove ALL hud elements, particularly for in car view fans.
3. anti aliasing for those horrible shadow jaggies for goodness sake.

Ok so i dont seriously imagine there will be enough people who agree with me to actually cause the implication of these additions, but i would like to hear from you regardless. GT5 will be a solid, positively brimming with potential title I am certain. But the little things still bug me! No?
 
Last edited:
i agree, the hud elements is the most important for me !!
 
1. (and most important) ability to play a custom sound track.

Already been confirmed, also GT PSP has that function

2. the option to remove ALL hud elements, particularly for in car view fans.

The demo has a screen HUD option menu (GT5P didn't), at the moment it is just for the map (which you can turn off) but I would be suprised if it didn't include more in full GT5.
 
Custom soundtrack will be good. As for the HUD option, I sit to far a distance from my TV to read the in-car dials and use the HUD for everything. Though I would like to turn off the flashy little brake and gear indicator.
 
AA and HUD Off!!!! It will change the experience in in-car view. That breaking indicator should be a part of restriction or assist in online race or time trials to balance the late breaking, so everyone can be more careful while racing and make the time trials more competitive. This is a big issue in GT5p online and time trials and GT5 TT demo. It makes the player relying on that break indicator to get a better lap time. So I hope they remove that indicator in pro drivers, and let the rookies use it.
 
Ok so first of all let me start by saying that the GT series has always delivered on the things that matter most, car content and driving physics. For me personally there is no comparison. No matter how the game plays out of the box i am positive I will be happy. However, as a gamer I am somewhat of a spoilt creature and there are a few minor, but i feel important additions i think poliphony should include...

1. (and most important) ability to play a custom sound track.
2. the option to remove ALL hud elements, particularly for in car view fans.
3. anti aliasing for those horrible shadow jaggies for goodness sake.

Ok so i dont seriously imagine there will be enough people who agree with me to actually cause the implication of these additions, but i would like to hear from you regardless. GT5 will be a solid, positively brimming with potential title I am certain. But the little things still bug me! No?

you may be a 'spoiled creature', but apparently you're not a very bright one.

The first one has been confirmed, and the second one will probably follow on from the very limited options in the TT.

AA for the 'horrible' shadow jaggies?

Alright, the first thing you need to do is look up anti-aliasing.
Or alternatively, just go here:
http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articles/Graphics/anti_aliasing.shtml
and
http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articles/Graphics/anti_aliasing2.shtml#Why does Anti-Aliasing slow down frame rates

But wait, GT already has AA, 4XAA for 720p, and 2xAA for 1080p!

So why does the OP complain so much?

Well, it's not the AA of the screen that's the problem, that's for sure.

It's the resolution of the shadows! Rather than being a clean, smooth edge, the shadow it projected at a low(er) resolution, creating the jaggy shadows that causes some people so much grief.

But fear not tiny baby man, for the shadows we've seen from the TGS and other displays of GT5 are much, much higher resolution, meaning jaggies are nothing to cry about!
 
HUD off, please...all I need is the HUD off...
drives me crazy when I imagine that I will be driving a RUF with Final Fantasy Chocobo theme running in the background...
 
you may be a 'spoiled creature', but apparently you're not a very bright one.

The first one has been confirmed, and the second one will probably follow on from the very limited options in the TT.

AA for the 'horrible' shadow jaggies?

Alright, the first thing you need to do is look up anti-aliasing.
Or alternatively, just go here:
http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articles/Graphics/anti_aliasing.shtml
and
http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articles/Graphics/anti_aliasing2.shtml#Why does Anti-Aliasing slow down frame rates

But wait, GT already has AA, 4XAA for 720p, and 2xAA for 1080p!

So why does the OP complain so much?

Well, it's not the AA of the screen that's the problem, that's for sure.

It's the resolution of the shadows! Rather than being a clean, smooth edge, the shadow it projected at a low(er) resolution, creating the jaggy shadows that causes some people so much grief.

But fear not tiny baby man, for the shadows we've seen from the TGS and other displays of GT5 are much, much higher resolution, meaning jaggies are nothing to cry about!

what?? if GT5:P already has AA it's even worse, it means that it can't get better, personally i can't believe what you are saying, all the edges make my eyes cry, it only looks good when the camera is very very close
 
A pc version of GT5 is the solution to all your prayers. 💡
 
2. the option to remove ALL hud elements, particularly for in car view fans.

I cannot stress this enough.. they need to give us this option allready.. so easy to implement, yet it's weird they have not updated prologue yet with this option of removal.

It NEEDS to be in the full game though.. i have no use for all the clutter in my screen while driving incar view.
 
All very good points in the OP.

I know it's not important but it bugs me that the in car clock doesn't change time, it bugs me even more that I notice stupid things like that!

Following on from the HUD point hopefully you'll be able to change the in car computer display in the R35 GT-R...I need to get out more.
 
A petition for graphic enhancements, yey, like PD wouldnt implement more AA and reduce the flickering (also in the shadows) if they could.

Custom soundtracks are, if i remember correctly, already confirmed and a lot of PS3 first party games support it nowadays (via the XMB). I agree about the HUD, but your anti aliasing point is just stupid, sorry.
 
I predict a great future for this thread.

crystal_ball.jpg
 
Yeah, would be nice to get rid of the HUD eventually (maybe show times and lap number when crossing start/ finish?), it's really just distracting IMO
... for the rest I only can completely 100% agree with Ace and amar, nuff said.
 
A pc version of GT5 is the solution to all your prayers. 💡

Imagine,

A PC version, with GT approved User Created Content(Cars tracks and body kits)... The possibilities would be endless.
 
One thing I have noticed about this gen compared to others is that everyone seems to think that they are entitled to whatever game being customized solely to their likes. This seems to be happening with GT5 more than most other games this gen it seems.

I have seen postings like "if they don't fix this because I dislike this, I won't buy" on numerous sites.

I know the OP isn't directly saying this besides using "petition" in the thread title, but this crap is driving me nuts. I don't remember any other gen (internet age or not) where gamers had such cry baby attitudes.

/rant

:grumpy:
 
1. (and most important) ability to play a custom sound track.
Will be in there. It's easy for developers to allow that, and especially in racing games, it's a must. Burnout Paradise, Midnight Club, Ferrari Challenge, MotorStorm, etc. all have it.

2. the option to remove ALL hud elements, particularly for in car view fans.
We don't know about that, but it might be in. It's easy to do.

3. anti aliasing for those horrible shadow jaggies for goodness sake.
The jaggies are the result of the lighting engine, not the lack of anti-aliasing.
FYI, the game already has 8xAA in 720p, 4xAA in 1080p. (respectively 4xMSAA and 2xSSAA; 2xMSAA and 2xSSAA)
 
Goldrusher pointed fact about shadows. And in any case AA can not fix jaggies if they are bigger than one pixel.
 
ok my bad.. AA obviously cant help us in the shadows but why use such a poor lighting engine. GT5P & TT are in no way respective of the final game of course, but no jaggies is still on my wish list. Its hard to comprehend them when the guy who built the game quotes poetry like this:

"Better than reality? ? yeah, that?s one way of putting it ............ The way the sun shines, reflects off something, the way it lights scenery ? we seldom have the opportunity to see what we consider ?reality? under the best and most aesthetically pleasing conditions.?
source

mmmmmm perfectness.

I didnt realise custom sound track was in either. Thats awesome.

And despite what some of you rude individuals might think, yes i've already established that i'm spoilt, but i am not stupid. GT5 is the game i've been wanting since the first day i owned a ps3. They keep telling me its going to be perfect, nay, BETTER than reality. So, gosh darn it, it should be everything I expect and more!! 'nuff said'
 
One thing I have noticed about this gen compared to others is that everyone seems to think that they are entitled to whatever game being customized solely to their likes. This seems to be happening with GT5 more than most other games this gen it seems.

I have seen postings like "if they don't fix this because I dislike this, I won't buy" on numerous sites.

I know the OP isn't directly saying this besides using "petition" in the thread title, but this crap is driving me nuts. I don't remember any other gen (internet age or not) where gamers had such cry baby attitudes.

/rant

:grumpy:

haha look how much that "i wont buy it" worked with Modern Warfare 2...
 
I predict a great future for this thread.

crystal_ball.jpg
Well amar, I have to say; you look damn good in that outfit. :p
 
what?? if GT5:P already has AA it's even worse, it means that it can't get better, personally i can't believe what you are saying, all the edges make my eyes cry, it only looks good when the camera is very very close
If GT5P makes your eyes cry, them perhaps you're better off without them. I won't pay you much for them, because they're obviously made of fail and tears.
Imagine,

A PC version, with GT approved User Created Content(Cars tracks and body kits)... The possibilities would be endless.
If the content is going to be GT Approved (as in, done through PD with their quality checks and adjustments through a submission system) then there's no reason that it couldn't be done on console. After all, if you've got the models in Maya (I think that's what they're using), PD could give you some poly limits and the LOD's, you don't actually even need to have the game yourself!
ok my bad.. AA obviously cant help us in the shadows but why use such a poor lighting engine. GT5P & TT are in no way respective of the final game of course, but no jaggies is still on my wish list. Its hard to comprehend them when the guy who built the game quotes poetry like this:

"Better than reality? ? yeah, that?s one way of putting it ............ The way the sun shines, reflects off something, the way it lights scenery ? we seldom have the opportunity to see what we consider ?reality? under the best and most aesthetically pleasing conditions.?
source

mmmmmm perfectness.

I didnt realise custom sound track was in either. Thats awesome.

And despite what some of you rude individuals might think, yes i've already established that i'm spoilt, but i am not stupid. GT5 is the game i've been wanting since the first day i owned a ps3. They keep telling me its going to be perfect, nay, BETTER than reality. So, gosh darn it, it should be everything I expect and more!! 'nuff said'

Dammit lrn2 lighting engine. See those reflections that has absolutely everyone else going 'aww' and 'ooh!' and 'oh yeah'? That's handled by the lighting engine as well.

Complaining about the lighting engine being 'poor' is just stupid, especially if it's just ONE aspect that we've already seen in a much better state that's got your panties in a knot.

What you want (and what we've seen) is higher resolution shadows. Nothing else. That ALONE sorts out the jaggy shadows (no, it had NOTHING to do with AA). And did I say we've seen the better shadows in-game before, like at the TGS? Now quit complaining, you're clogging up the intertubes.



Well amar, I have to say; you look damn good in that outfit. :p

I'd hit it.








with a crowbar.

/thread


PS:
Mods, if I wrote up a technical post about the rendering and physics engine of the GT games, titles it "BEFORE YOU ***** ABOUT JAGGIES OR ANYTHING ELSE READ THIS", would you sticky it?
I'm fairly sure that would stop most of these threads (having non-tech-savvy members gain a simple understanding of what they're about to complain about).
 
I agree with the custom sound, I usually have my Ipod sitting in front with some jamiroquai
and it would be so much easier and sound better if it loads from in game on my speakers

the HUD i dont care, no game has it down pat for in car besides Live for speed, you can turn off the wheel, and adjust where ur seating position is so u get to see the mirrors etc perfectly, that will never happen in GT, a must for in car is to get rid of the steering wheel, I mean why draw the wheel there in the first place, you have the wheel in your hand, or the Dpad.

and the performance with 1 ghost on timetrial is pushing the limits of the 60FPS 1080P so any AA will slow it down even more, thats why it has Jaggies, is because they cant optimize the GFX without compromising on the Frame rate, its not PD fault, its the Nvidia chip in it. PD should lower the game to 720 with AA and run the 60FPS, or stay at 1080, run AA, but hold 35-40 FPS, as long as it can hold 30 its smooth enough
 
4xAA/2xAA isn't enough.. crank it up to 8xFSAA or more... then we'll eliminate the jaggies. Anyways, I'm not complaining though, cause I know the PS3 cannot handle 8xFSAA on a game like GT5.
 
Use the "Flicker Reduction" option in the Time Trial options menu and that should take car of the majority of the jaggies. At least it did for me.
 
-> Sorry, I'd rather sign the Porsche petition instead. Because most of these features will be implemented when GT5 comes out. :indiff:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back