GT5 Photo Travel Locations

United States
Colorado
BDoggPrelude
I couldn't really find an existing thread discussing this after searching for quite a bit.

I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of Photo Travel locations in GT6. It is mind boggling to me that PD would continue to port hundreds of cars, virtually unchanged since GT4, into GT6 but did not carry over the Photo Travel locations that were fresh to the series just 3 years ago. In particular, Kyoto, the Red Bull Hangar and Arweiler were epic. I would even go as far to say they were better than any of the current locations in GT5. They also had cool stuff like moving people, trains, etc. that added effects the pictures. The only thing I can find that moves in the new locations are the flags in Syracuse.

The new locations are okay. City of Arts and Sciences has some cool architecture and a lot of different places to shoot. Ronda has a lot of cool landscape surrounding it. Gemasolar is okay but it seems like every picture from there starts to look the same. Syracuse is pretty boring and it doesn't get any better at night.

I was hoping more locations would unlock as the game progressed, like in GT5, but it looks like PD was content on just making the 4 locations and calling it good. Why do you think they didn't bring back the old locations? Maybe it would take too much to set them up for 2-car staging? Different lighting models between the games? I'm obviously not a game programmer so maybe it's just not as easy as it seems, (although I can't imagine it's that much harder than putting a PS2 car model into a PS3 game).

Mods, if this is already being discussed somewhere else, please feel free to move/merge as needed.

There is still plenty of features to come for GT6. PD may well add more in time or even offer some as future DLC.

As the game was released missing some major features it's safe to assume that there is plenty more to come :)

City of arts and sciences is a great location, the others are terrible!

I couldn't really find an existing thread discussing this after searching for quite a bit. The only thing I can find that moves in the new locations are the flags in Syracuse.

The water at City of Arts and Science, duh :crazy: (thanks for the opportunity to use that face). Lol, anyways when I saw the title I thought somebody was making a thread for GT5 photos in the GT6 forum, and I was like "Why?" But I think this thread is totally relevant. I share your pain in that one, I couldn't believe they wouldn't carry them over. City of Arts is sweet, I love that location. Other than that I sometimes use Syracuse Night, and that's it. I never really got into photomode in GT5, despite playing it practically everyday until GT6 was announced (I stopped then cus I wanted to experience Gran Turismo with as new of an experience as possible). With GT6 out I've been taking pictures constantly and posting them on here and I've really gotten into it, so now I'm feeling like I missed out because there were so many more and seemingly better locations in GT5. I certainly hope that they add them to GT6 at some point, but when they do I'm not letting PD off the hook by accepting it as one of the big updates we are suppose to be getting every couple weeks because they should have had this from the start, even if it was only single car.

Back