GT5 Preorder and pricing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Devedander
  • 25 comments
  • 3,793 views
Messages
4,323
I don't know if this kind of post is allowed but I don't recally it being against any rules so...

Currently GT5 is avaialble for Preorder on Amazon.com for $59 and a $10 future game credit along with a free promo car bonus. If you have PRIME you get free release day shipping.

Also Newegg has it on preorder for $48 (+shipping and tax). I don't think they feature release day shipping though.

Just thought it would be nice to share the deals with the rest of the members...
 
Best Buy in Canada is giving out 10$ gift cards to anyone that pre orders. I would take advantage of the deal but the CE is an EBGames exclusive in Canada (EH!).
 
I don't know if this kind of post is allowed but I don't recally it being against any rules so...

Currently GT5 is avaialble for Preorder on Amazon.com for $59 and a $10 future game credit along with a free promo car bonus. If you have PRIME you get free release day shipping.

Also Newegg has it on preorder for $48 (+shipping and tax). I don't think they feature release day shipping though.

Just thought it would be nice to share the deals with the rest of the members...

I went with Amazon cause as a Student you can get one year of Prime for free. Additionally, if you're a mother you can also (however, I am not one.) But the $10 game credit is just the icing on the cake.

Costco in the U.S. is taking preorders for $54.00USD (shipping included). No preorder bonuses AFAICT... also shows a release date of October 27! haha

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc..._Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

Wow! I kinda want to pre-order another copy through Costco, just to see if it legitimately ships the Oct. 27th....
 
I didn't know the CE was exclusive to EB up here. I pre ordered mine at my EB Games soon after the release date was announced. Hope they do a midnight release!
 
Pre-orderd the collectors edition at Gamemania for €79,00
 
Buying from amazon with the $10 future purchase credit promotion entitles you to a partial refund if the price of the game is reduced during the 1st 24hours after release. So, if newegg and other retailers sell GT5 cheaper, then amazon might take in the lowest deal and give those who pre-ordered a copy with them a partial refund due to their pre-order price guarantee policy. Customers also get to keep their $10 future purchase credit.

Well, this is just assuming. But it can happen. It happened with Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake.... probably other games too.
 
I never understood the benefit to "pre ordering". Sure, if you are getting something special that can't be had anywhere else, I can understand that. However, at 12:01am on Nov 2nd, I'll leisurely drive to my closest Best Buy, wade through 10,000 un-purchased copies to find one just for me.
 
I never understood the benefit to "pre ordering". Sure, if you are getting something special that can't be had anywhere else, I can understand that. However, at 12:01am on Nov 2nd, I'll leisurely drive to my closest Best Buy, wade through 10,000 un-purchased copies to find one just for me.

The only reasons for pre orders anymore really are to get discounts and promotional items.
 
The only reasons for pre orders anymore really are to get discounts and promotional items.

Or if you want the Collectors Edition perhaps? I don't know how hard it's going to be to get a copy, so it's better safe than sorry.

I have my GT5 CE pre-ordered through GameStop. Do you guys think I should cancel it though and place the pre-order through Amazon?
 
The only reasons for pre orders anymore really are to get discounts and promotional items.

For some (like me) it's also an availability issue. A game of this popularity will quickly sell out at my local Walmart. I'd have to drive half an hour to a bigger city to check out other Walmarts, then Meijer, Best Buy, etc. in hopes of finding a copy. :yuck:

Amazon pre-order means I'm guaranteed my copy asap.
 
Well in my country, most likely we wont get it or it will be overpriced (~100gbp standard edition)and delayed.

So I have to import, and when you preorder they ship it earlier most of the time.

To get orders from the UK for me usually it takes 2-4 days, but sometimes it messes up (at our post) and i have to wait for 2-4 weeks :(

The torture!!!!
 
Pre-orderd the collectors edition at Gamemania for €79,00

So did I (well, at GM BE), but turns out I wont be able to spend that amount of money. So I canceled it and because the standard version will cost €69,98 at Gamemania I pre-ordered it at ShopTo.net (UK) for only €45,96.

Good price for the standard version here in EU.
 
So did I (well, at GM BE), but turns out I wont be able to spend that amount of money. So I canceled it and because the standard version will cost €69,98 at Gamemania I pre-ordered it at ShopTo.net (UK) for only €45,96.

Good price for the standard version here in EU.

That IS a fair price.
I geuss you'll just have to wait a few days longer, or is shopTo.net not from the UK?

a friend of mine pre-orded at play.com and he got a mail that his copy will be shipped on the 5th.
 
I preordered it at GAME UK. I didn't pay anything oddly enough, but I suspect it'll be £40-£50 upon release.
 
I preordered it at GAME UK. I didn't pay anything oddly enough, but I suspect it'll be £40-£50 upon release.

Most places in the UK don't charge you anything for a pre-order until they despatch it and you pay the price you pre-ordered at or the price at release which ever is lower.

Does anyone know of any places in the UK that charge you the lowest price they have it listed at between the date you pre-order and release day even if it has gone back up?
 
The only reason I preordered there was because I'd get double reward points.
 
at GameStop and EB Games you can reserve the CE for $10.. im halfway through paying mines off.. i cant wait.. it doesnt get better than starting November with some GT5 and ending it with some turkey..
 
That IS a fair price.
I geuss you'll just have to wait a few days longer, or is shopTo.net not from the UK?

a friend of mine pre-orded at play.com and he got a mail that his copy will be shipped on the 5th.

Yeah, it's a UK shop. But they are very fast with shipping, only a few hours after payment you will get an email that your item has been dispatched. And Royal Mail is excellent, it usually takes only 2 days to arrive.

They also claim for UK adresses:

"If you pre-order Gran Turismo 5 before 12pm on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 we will guarantee that you will receive it by the release date of Friday 5th of November 2010, if you do not receive it we will compensate you with £3.00 on your shopto account."

I've never pre-ordered anything before at this shop (it's only recently possible to do that with PayPal), but I'm expecting GT5 to arrive at the release day or the day after if they will send it the 3rd of November.

To bad they don't offer a stealth car with their pre-orders. I just checked play.com, and they do. But they are also €10 more expensive, not worth the money imo for one stealth car.

Sucks that I had to cancel my CE though, I was especially looking forward to that APEX magazine/book.
 
Last edited:
You mean the one mentioned in the first post?

the poster was nice enough to provide a link!
:)

I'm going to buy my friend a copy through Newegg and save a few bucks!
:)
 
Or if you want the Collectors Edition perhaps? I don't know how hard it's going to be to get a copy, so it's better safe than sorry.

I have my GT5 CE pre-ordered through GameStop. Do you guys think I should cancel it though and place the pre-order through Amazon?

I think they're using the pre order numbers to determine the number of CE to make. If they get 1000 pre orders on the CE, they'll maybe produce another 200-300 for the shelves.
 
the poster was nice enough to provide a link!
:)

I'm going to buy my friend a copy through Newegg and save a few bucks!
:)


Thanks

A Friend

This brought to you by "That Crazy opelgt guy":dopey::crazy:
PM me if you need my mailing address.
 
Back