GT5 Prologue FAQ

• Thread starter amar212
  • 14 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
Feel free to contribute in posts below. Thank you in advance.

1. What is the GT5: Prologue?

It is a full stand-alone game of GT series, and sucessor of first Prologue-game from 2004. GT5:P comes with limited content, and scaled price. Prologue can be described as "glympse of stuff that will come with release of full GT5 game".

2. Where can I get it?

Just click the banners here on GTP, or head straight to Play-Asia.com. Game is also availble from other import-online shops, as well as download from JAPANESE PlayStation Store. In order to purchase it online, you have to have valid PSN Japanese Account, and pay the game online with PSN Pre-Paid coupons which can be find on e-Bay or similar.

3. Does GT5: Prologue have online features?

Yes. Online features are available after you download the "online-update" for the first time. Console will do the work for you automaticaly, you just have to wait for some hefty time. However, at this point, there are only pre-determined races in online-mode and no user-created events. That means you can't make your own races or race with your friends. There are 8 online-events in total, and new events will come at 10th January respectfully.

4. Are there "Insert Any Politicaly Correct Term for Morons" on online?

Yes. Many of them. Get used to it until clubs or closed-races will be supported at some point hopefully.

5. I it better to race online with my PAL, US or JAPANESE account?

So far we found that usage of JAPANESE account creates least problems ith connection. So, use your japanese account.

6. But my game save is on my PAL/US account. What to do?

Go to XMB, select GT5: Prologue save from the Game Data list, then press triangle to "copy" save-data and console will prompt the "paste" to any profile on your PS3. Notice you can't overwrite once copied data - to make an "update" you have to delete the existing data on profile you wish to transfer the new data. Also, you can make a back-up of your save-data on any USB stick media following the procedure above. Instead of coping to another profile choose "removable media".

6. Why there is lag? I can't race properly - this game sucks!

No, you suck. You're connecting to servers in Japan from EU, AU or US with your horrbile ping and then expect to have perfect play of game that calculates data with 360 frames per second. No way hose - be happy to be able to play in any instance. Also, new update (2nd one) have improved match-making and online experience drastically. So, have fun.

7. Why am I being penalised all the time for overpassing cars in corners?

Because game clearly distingushes clear-passes and violent-passes. Notice that 99% of penalties are correctly issued, so now is probabaly the way to forget your praxis of overpassing people inside the corners and bumping them out of track - and try to overpass other drivers only with your track skills. Maybe you'll not win all the time, but not even Michael Schumacher did. And you're clearly not Michael Schumacher.

8. Are there working reverse-lights in GT5: Prologue?

No. Period.

9. Is the "clutch" feature of G25 wheel finally supported?

Yes. However, the cluch will work only with cars that come equipped with manual-gearbox (the cars that have animated driver hands when changing gears). In order to activate the cluch you have to select H-gear gearbox on your G25 and press triangle to activate the clutch when the race starts.

question: how big is the game?

if you downloaded, it's a 1876mb file. then after the online patch it goes to 2028mb.

however, the disc version requires you more than 5gb off space to install

What are the benefits of the disc version over the download?

Apart from getting the box and manual obviously... Its something about GT-TV isnt it?

Seriously I want to know this!!!

Robin

i got a cool pack of gran turismo stickers with my disc.

They only difference is physically owning the game with a disc or virtually owning it with the download

oh yeah.. some gt-tv videos come already loaded on the disc but you dont get any extra content, you just save a little bit of time

I'm usually not one to advocate political correctness, but at least for a FAQ, using the term "retards" as in #4 seems a bit blunt and out-of-place. Just a suggestion. :)

Nice work amar! 👍

Something I think would be worth adding - more something people should know about than an actual fact - is that Prologue is kind of an "in the works"-demo of Gran Turismo 5 and therefore does not neccessarily represent the final game to come in every detail. You kind of covered that in your first paragraph, but I think this should probably become a separate one.

I think so because there was quite a heated discussion about the current Prologue on the GTRP, not being what many expected it to be. Only by realising that there are things to do on every part of the game simply because Prologe was taken out of current progress with GT5, people understood that not liking Prologue means they won't like GT5 either. Most of the criticism that was posted was down to details yet to be fixed in the final release. And to prevent further discussions about things Prologue simply couldn't cover in full extent, I think it should be stressed in these FAQ that despite costing money and being a standalone game, this is nowhere near finished.

Back