GT5 Question , please take a look

  • Thread starter Thread starter SkengD
  • 13 comments
  • 2,303 views
Messages
6,080
United Kingdom
NY / JA / UK
Messages
skengdigi
I purchased gt5 in the usa on the release day and had to change ps3s , so i saved my game data on a flash drive.

Now ive moved to the UK but my gt5 copy was misplaced/stolen during my travels.

MY QUESTION is wil my game save data work with a uk copy of GT5 or do i have to purchase a usa copy of GT5 and get it shipped to me.

Just hoping someone has some experience in this department , would be easy if i can just pick up a UK copy of the game.

So in a nutshell i want to know if my usa gt5 game data will work with a uk copy of the game. I just dont wanna have to play the game all over from the start. You know how gt5 is a personal game .

Let me know people , thanks in advance for help
 
I really don't see why not. Unless games have the same region specific protection as movies do. Which is no? Someone help us here lol

Why wouldn't you re-purchase it, anyway?
 
Im willing to re purchase it , i just would like to do the easier thing and just purchase a uk copy instead of having to purchase a usa one and have it shipped here , thanks for help
 
Oh ok. That makes sense. I forgot that we're able to purchase copies that come from abroad. Braiiin fart.

I looked it up, and you should just buy the UK version. It has to work and if you buy a US version, you might not be able to use things that are used through the "online service".

So if you HAVE to start over, there's no choice but to. It's too risky not being able to use certain features in the future.
 
Last edited:
I don't know for sure, but I suspect you'll have to get a game shipped from U.S.A as I know replay files are region locked, so it stands to reason that gamesaves are also.
 
I think you Can just load your savadata right over to any copy of the game AS LONG as you are logged into your original PSN/( or PlayStation) account. Since that is what blocks people from sharing save files..

It might be regional-locked as the guy above me pointes out, but i'm not sure...
 
I don't know for sure, but I suspect you'll have to get a game shipped from U.S.A as I know replay files are region locked, so it stands to reason that gamesaves are also.

Would the disk not be "region locked" too?
 
10
Would the disk not be "region locked" too?

Op Said he would just go to a store and Pick up a new copy...
 
Op Said he would just go to a store and Pick up a new copy...

Yes I know, if the gamesave is region locked it won't work with the UK disc and if the USA disk is region locked it won't work with his UK PS3.

I would contact Sony before buying anything.
 
Are games region locked any more??, if not then the OP should be ok to get a UK game to use with his account, he'll still be locked in game to the US region for seasonals and so on, but shouldn't it still work. If you create an American account and can open the game with a european game, then it should be OK for the OP.
 
Sounds like i should just buy a used uk copy of the game and give it a try .

As far as i know games are region free , i am just worried about the game save data. I copied the game save data on a flash drive.

If it doesnt work i just have to get my hands on a usa copy of the game.

Its a usa ps3 so im still connected to the psn network as a us customer.

Ill give it a try this week and let you all know , thanks for the help
 
10
Would the disk not be "region locked" too?

Good question, I dunno, probably, I like someone above suggested I'd be best to contact Sony, find out for sure

I guess if it's a USA PS3 & disk it'd be cool
 
Saves are locked, games are not.

I learned it the hard way (with mgs4). Also dlc's are locked.

region locking is not on the console but on the game.
 
I have an UK PSN account and i play the US Collectors version of the game.
I bought this because of the GT-R diecast from the pack :). Your saves should work fine.
 
Back